Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funding on back to work enterprise scheme

Options
  • 16-08-2010 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭

Has anyone done it? i'm wondering how flexible they are in what you purchase. I want to buy from a website but they dont do invoices prior to payment,is there anyway i can still order from the site?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Haven't gotten the grant for anything but I looked into it.

They only let you buy from one place. They prefer it to be in Euro, so tough tits if you want to order from the UK. You need an invoice in advance to bring it to the facilitator so he/she can approve it. Then they decide (rather arbitrarily) what percentage of the invoice they are going to pay for, and you cover the rest. They generally pay 75% of advertising, for example, but they might only pay 50% for equipment (probably something to do with you being able to sell it on afterwards)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭PostHack

This is the technical assistance and training fund you're talking about yes?

I recently financed the purchase of a computer using this scheme. I was told that ideally the jobs facilitator wanted an invoice beforehand as mentioned above, but he told me that if I was going to make a significant saving by buying online that I could be reimbursed after the fact. Which I was. It's covers up to 75% the cost of the equipment, up to a max of €1000.

The PC cost about €1250, about a month later I got a cheque for €1000.

I suppose it depends on the facilitator. OP, what might help is if you can get a comparison quote from an Irish company, and show that you would be making a significant saving (if you are) they may help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Heh, I just posted a question about this yesterday.

In the meantime, a form arrived this morning from the s/w for applying for the TAT funding.
    Section 1 - personal questions
    Section 2 - business plan (not sure why they need all this again, I gave it all to them when I applied for the enterprise allowance)
    Section 3 - Funding details:
    - what do you want to buy
    - have you obtained 3 quotations (include them)
    - from which of the 3 suppliers do you want to buy?
    - How will this help your business?
    - details of any other funding you've received from any organisation

I know when I was in applying for the ent. allowance, the job facilitator said they'd cover 75% of whatever it was.
    She said it would have to be an established business, and they'd make the payment directly to the supplier (fair enough to prevent scamming).
    So that would seem to rule out buying online for me, but it does seem to depend on the individual you're dealing with, since it was OK for PostHack.

Maybe you could work something out where you pay the 25% to the job facilitator and they order it from the website for you.

I'd say start by getting a couple of quotes for how much it would cost you here.

Small bit of info about the TAT on welfare.ie

Advertisement