Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Epson SX400 Paper Jam

Options
  • 16-08-2010 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Anyone know were I could get a printer repaired? I'm based in balbriggan.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Dazice wrote: »
    Anyone know were I could get a printer repaired? I'm based in balbriggan.

Usually with printers it's cheaper to buy a new one rather than get them repaired.. You will get a new printer in PC world, like the sx205 that I bought for 60 euro. If you call out and engineer it could cost anywhere between 60 and 125 euro an hour...

My advice would be to get the manual, and try to fix it yourself.. Paper Jam is either just a small piece of paper stuck somewhere you cant see.. by removing the parts of the printer carefully, you should be able to find this yourself. Alternatively is could be a sensor error, but the my suggestion is more likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭jpl888

I second that advice. I have very little printer hardware knowledge but still managed to take apart and reassemble a Laserjet 6P, removing some rogue bits of paper in the process.

It could take an hour or 2 but as long as you remember what bit goes where you won't go too far wrong (although I did end up with a couple of spare screws at the end). I did the repair in 2001 and the printer is still going!

Advertisement