Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC forced to restart on CPU load

Options
  • 16-08-2010 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hello everyone!
    I got PC to repair with shut down problem. Its not brand PC, it was builded by someone...
    here is config:
    CPU: Core i5 750 (2.6GHz)
    MB: Asus P7P55D LE
    Ram: DDR3-1066 4GB (2x2) OCZ CL7
    Video: ATI 5770
    PSU: 700W
    HDD: 700GB
    some DVD-RW

this PC have non-native cooler from Corsair (H50) -> link to off-website

Firs of all I was thinking its temperature problem, but after monitoring all temps in BIOS or in Everest Ultimate 5.50.2225 i realise that temp is ok
    no higher than 41C

than i run full test in Everest, memory test fine, but on CPU got kicked out and force restart.
    I perform CPU test one by one and find out which one exactly crash PC, it is CPU PhotoWorxx test. I also run all the rest test of CPU nad memory, all is fine just this PhotoWorxx crash machine...
    as far as i understood this test perfom picture matrix scaling and other movments and owner of this PC work in Photo Shop so image edition extremely required...

I also turn off manually all auto-OVC in BIOS, no its no longer get auto-overcklocked to 3.0 its always stay 2.6, still the same problem

any idea? is it CPU fail? will i have to replace it? or it might be also side problems? like MB or PSU or memory taming/latency?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

have you ran memtest with one stick of ram at a time i had two of them mobo,s rma on me and i rma.d my ram so i was never really sure witch it was but i always had a feeling it was the ram run mem test i would doubt its the cpu intel are pretty bullet proof imo

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Briksins

problem solved!
    it was problem with memory taming! cheep memory sticks doesn't want to OVC and match taming to CPU!

another proof that cheep OCZ memory is crap!!! dont buy it! Corsair the best and price nearly the same!

Advertisement