Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jimmy Eat World

Options
  • 16-08-2010 11:39am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Tripod
    Dublin
    Thu 18 Nov 2010, 19:00
    €30.00

Onsale to General Public

Start: Fri 20/08/10, 09:00
    Fanclub Presale

Start: Wed 18/08/10, 09:00
    End: Fri 20/08/10, 08:00

Mandela Hall
    Belfast
    Wed 17 Nov 2010, 19:00
    £23.50

Onsale to General Public

Start: Fri 20/08/10, 09:00

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Wow thats a small venue for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Interesting that MCD are using Tripod now. With the Olympia usually busy I suppose it fills the void left by the Ambassador. Or maybe they realised The Academy is too small for these kinds of bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 stephen112

JIMMY EAT WORLD ANNOUNCE TWO IRISH DATES THIS NOVEMBER

With their new album “Invented” due to hit the shelves this September, Jimmy Eat World have confirmed two Irish dates in November on Wednesday 17th at Mandela Hall, Belfast and Thursday 18th at Tripod, Dublin.

TICKET INFORMATION
    Mandela Hall, Belfast: £23.50
    Tripod, Dublin: €30.00

Prices are inclusive of booking fee and tickets go on sale this Friday at 9am from Ticketmaster outlets nationwide and online at www.ticketmaster.ie

Jimmy Eat World recorded their latest record Invented in Tempe, Arizona at their Unit 2 studio, where they reunited with Mark Trombino, the producer on the band's breakthrough album, Bleed American, and their seminal earlier albums, Static Prevails and Clarity.

"We're very excited about Invented," said lead singer and guitarist Jim Adkins, "it was great reconnecting and creating an album with Mark Trombino, we can't wait for our fans to hear it."

Fans will get their first taste of Invented when the first single "My Best Theory" hits the airwaves in August. Jimmy Eat World has a stellar history across Modern Rock radio with five top 10 hits.

Invented marks the band's first studio album since 2007's Chase This Light which landed Jimmy Eat World's highest chart position of their career at #5 on the Billboard 200 Album Chart.

Jimmy Eat World's last release may have been three years ago but they've been busy. The boys took a break from the recording of Invented to commemorate the 10-year anniversary of their influential album, Clarity with a sold out national tour.
    Invented will be released in Ireland on September 24th.

Jimmy Eat World play Mandela Hall, Belfast on November 17th and Tripod, Dublin on the 18th. Tickets are on sale this Friday at 9am.

For more see: www.jimmyeatworld.com / www.mcd.ie

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Im not sure about the Olympia for gigs tbh ive been to 2 there and if ur not in the pit ur view is cut off by the upper tiers , thats why as much as the Ambo had terrible sound it was great for gigs cause it was so open and thats what im hoping Tripod will be like , never been to a gig there whats it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

The Ambassador I'm fond of, saw many great gigs there. Much preferred it to The Olympia.

Tripod is definitely more like the Ambassador layout-wise. I really like Tripod, my one complaint is that it gets very cramped in the standing area when a gig is sold out. Never been seating there.

The Academy is 800 capacity and the Olympia and Tripod are both in the 1,200 range.

EDIT: Found out the Olympia is actually 1,600 capacity when the ground floor is standing; fully seated concerts in the venue are 1,200.

• Advertisement

Yea i loved the atmosphere at the Ambassador even though the sound was never great. According to the tripod site the capacity is 1300. Maybe they will do another tour in 2011 which will mean they will do the Olympia.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yea i loved the atmosphere at the Ambassador even though the sound was never great. According to the tripod site the capacity is 1300. Maybe they will do another tour in 2011 which will mean they will do the Olympia.

I think the overall size of Tripod is 1300, so that would include rooms not used when gig is on. Thats my understanding anyway. Will wait and see bout tickets for this, hope it doesn't sell out too fast.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i say tri pod would suite jimmy eat world , i seen new found glory their 2 years ago and that was great gig :) i seen jimmy in the olympia years back and though it was a good place for a music event but everytime i have been there i have been in the pit but i heard the tears cut your view off in the olympia! the show would be a good one in tripod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

A V A wrote: »
    i say tri pod would suite jimmy eat world , i seen new found glory their 2 years ago and that was great gig :) i seen jimmy in the olympia years back and though it was a good place for a music event but everytime i have been there i have been in the pit but i heard the tears cut your view off in the olympia! the show would be a good one in tripod

Are there any seats/balcony in the tripod for an old git like me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Got my ticket for Mandela Hall gig today :)

Fantastic little venue, love going to concerts there. Will stay over a couple of nights, and then stop in to The Gaslight Anthem in Dublin on the way home :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

JEW are just not worth 30 euro anymore. maybe 4-5 years ago yes, but not anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Personally I am more than happy to pay it, but each to their own.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

Are there any seats/balcony in the tripod for an old git like me?

yes there are teirs to the side like a balconys where you can stand

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

iv got ticket but will be in sling will i be ok in tripod to not get bumped around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

removed

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭weezer1980

this should be a great gig. they never fail to impress and Tripod is pretty sweet for a gig, seen New Found Glory, Cathy Davey and The Rapture there and enjouyed them all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

Anyone know what time JEW are due to hit stage at? Flying back from London at 5:45pm, don't want to miss a note...

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

I'd imagine its the same as every gig these days. Main band on @9:20pm, but I'd be there before 9 just incase. :)

Well if anyone is going to the Belfast date let us no what time they came on at please .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

They went on stage at 9pm last night.
    The times for tonight are:
    Doors: 7pm
    Fox Avenue: 8pm-8:30pm
    Jimmy Eat World: 9pm-10:45pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

Fox Avenue?? I thought it was some band called Minus the Bear or something along those lines?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Minus the bear had trouble getting the ferry over to Belfast yesterday. Their ferry and replacement ferry were both cancelled. So they dropped the 2 irish shows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Dermo wrote: »
    Minus the bear had trouble getting the ferry over to Belfast yesterday. Their ferry and replacement ferry were both cancelled. So they dropped the 2 irish shows

ahhhhhhhh :(

Gonna run for the bus in a few mins. Should be good :)

Wow such a great gig cant wait to see them in July :) , Also Tripod is a great venue

Was not expecting Luck Denver Mint :eek:

calex71 wrote: »
    Was not expecting Luck Denver Mint :eek:

What? Where? I dont recall them playing that?? :(

HBK wrote: »
    What? Where? I dont recall them playing that?? :(

Was a few before the encore, before goodbye sky harbour if I recall.

calex71 wrote: »
    Was a few before the encore, before goodbye sky harbour if I recall.

Ooooh...hmmm strange. Great gig though apart from that abomination of a track they opened the encore with???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

HBK wrote: »
    Ooooh...hmmm strange. Great gig though apart from that abomination of a track they opened the encore with???

That would be 'Invented'. Title track of the new album.

Good gig but I would have liked to hear 'Always Be' but they've so many good songs, they were never going to be able to fit them all in and satisfy everyone. There was a girl beside me continually shouting for Authority Song.

Advertisement