Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alpha Dog Care Centre in Limerick

Options
  • 16-08-2010 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

I'm checking out kennels in the Limerick area for my dog, I was on the website for the Alpha Dog Care Centre in Clonlara and also rang them. The place looks pretty good, they chatted with me and among the issues discussed they checked if I had the dog vaccinated, and they told me my dog would be walked and exercised frequently throughout the day. It's my second time putting my dog in a kennel, she was in one last year and while they took great care of her I wanted to try somewhere else. She has terrible seperation anxiety and I'm quite worried about putting her into a kennel but I feel she will get good care in Alpha. Has anyone ever used this boarding kennel before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

You might get more responses in the Limerick forum ;)

Haven't heard anything about their boarding facility, good or bad. :o But they're not offering anything that any other boarding kennels in Limerick will provide.

My guys go to Dogs for Life down in North Cork. It's a bit of a trek but worth it! Ilse the lady who boards the dogs will meet you in Charleville to spare you the long journey down to Rockchapel. She only has facilities for a few dogs so the dogs get a lot of attention and if your dog is good with other dogs she'll have your dog with her in her home with her own dogs and just sleeping in a crate in the living room at night. The dogs get a lovely long run off the lead in the forestry every morning. Ilse works with Dogs for the Disabled and also worked for Hearing Dogs for Deaf People. She fosters dogs for Limerick Animal Welfare, Pauline's Rescue and Cork DAWG. She's also a qualified dog training instructor. ;)

I'm not fussed as to how fancy a kennel's facilities are. What's far more important to me is the amount of attention my dogs get, the exercise that's provided and the atmosphere of the place - one of my dogs doesn't cope well with the stresses of a big kennel environment at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Narsil

Hi Patsy,

I used their cattery before and tbh i would never go back to them again.
    The lady gave us an excuse that the dogs we're out so we couldnt see the cattery for insurance reasons when we dropped our cat off.
    She gave the same excuse and a little attitude at us when we collected him and our cat had lost tonnes of weight and was quite shell shocked. We never got to see where he was housed
    We didnt have a dog at the time,but it was the whole experience that put us off

We now use Jockey Hall cattery and our puddy is way happier there and they are lovely

As regards our dog:

We actually use the same place as Boomerang for our 6.5month old white GSD (he was there with Ilse this weekend when we were away) and he had a blast! Loads of off lead walking in the forest and other dogs to play with- he came back last night exhausted and sooo happy:D
    He is going back in two weeks while we go on two week hols.
    Cant say enough good things about Ilses place:)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭PatsyStone

Boomerang, Narsil - thanks a mill for the tips. I didn't think of trying the Limerick forum - silly me! The kennels in North Cork sound great, I don't drive, so I'm relying on my mother to bring me out with my dog - but I'll see what she says about bringing us to Charleville! Narsil, I'll definitely bear that in mind about Alpha. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Narsil

Your very welcome Patsy:)
    Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭jolo

I'd like to highly recommend Annesgrove kennels in Limerick. It's actually just in the road from Alpha. We used it cos of a recommendation from a friend and neighbour and they looked after our little Milly really well for the last 2 weeks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement