Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

deposit for accommodation?

Options
  • 16-08-2010 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭

is it still possible to apply to the health board for a deposit and months rent in advanced in order to get accommodation?

im going to be in a tricky situation at the end of the month where the lease on the house is up and my room mate is doing his own thing, so i cant afford the house on my own.

im currently receiving rent allowance but there's no way possible i can come up with 800 euro + to get my feet in the door of an apartment etc...

all landlords insist on a deposit and months rent in advanced.

i had to sign back on the dole today due to no work if that makes a difference, and there's no going home for me either just encase anyone mentions it.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

I dont think so.

It takes months to get rent allowance due to waiting list so you would be paying out of your pocket/savings/loan etc until rent allowance is approved and you are paid back what you have paid from start date of rent.

So if you are planning to move out, be prepare to save/get loan to pay deposit and rent for first few months until you are approved and paid back.
    But then I could be wrong.
    Maybe there will be more replies from others.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

cheers for the relpy, iv got rent allowence already and its just a matter of changing address's as iv done this before only took 2 weeks to change.

its just the deposit part killing me really.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Not sure about this but I think it's your local council you apply to

Advertisement