Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bored at work

• 16-08-2010 1:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I am bored off my head here in work so it got me thinking, does anyone actually enjoy their job???

I'm grateful to have a job and it pays well for not much effort but is there anyone out there who gets up in the morning and clicks their heels like Charlie Chaplin when walking to work? Does anyone get a high level of job satisfaction?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Yes, I'm sure there is someone who enjoys there job.

In mystical fairy land!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Just remember you work to live, not live to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

i've always enjoyed the work i do, i wouldn't work with subject matter i didn't like. but i've often hated jobs because of the inept cúnts around me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Not me anyway!
    Don't get me wrong, i do like the place and i like the majority of the people, but i'm only here through neccesity. If i won the lotto or similar, i'd jack straight away. I hate those f'uckers who win a fortune and then go back to their crappy little jobs. Assholes!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭nobby grande

Yes, some days more than others but generally yes. If i didnt i would jack it in and find something else. Life's too short to spend all your time miserable.

In saying that some days are sh*te but generally it keeps me interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I hate those f'uckers who win a fortune and then go back to their crappy little jobs. Assholes!

The official term for them is "Tightarsed c*nts"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Not the only one big dawg!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I'm not really enjoying it today - hungover to fcuk!!

But generally it's not too bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Im always bored in work, i get all my work done on time etc, but its just boring anyway!

Hangovers in work i hate, dreadin gnext monday after the dubs game especially if they win, will be a rough monday morning in work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

If I didn't get bored in work I wouldn't have a boards account.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

i don't think anyone should waste their time doing a job they don't like, for the amount of time you spend working you should at least make sure you half like the place you're spending 8 hours of your day in, that you at least do something tha's halway interesting to you while you're there.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Ireland's exports are down 20%, largely due to people registering on boards and complaining how they hate their job/find it boring :p

genericguy wrote: »
    i don't think anyone should waste their time doing a job they don't like, for the amount of time you spend working you should at least make sure you half like the place you're spending 8 hours of your day in, that you at least do something tha's halway interesting to you while you're there.

ah i like it, it just isnt the most exciting world to work in lol pay sa good wage so in times like this i cannot complain!

My job is ok, the people I work with are fine

but............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRYPhxhaSL8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

I enjoy my job. It's hot/cold depending on what's going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I work for myself & I enjoy the work immensley. I spent far too many years working for other people & not enjoying the hassle, the level of control, a lot of the people I had to work with & the general grief. So I stopped doing it & started up on my own.

It's not a cake walk by any means, but at least I get on well with the boss. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Banned Account

It's not a cake walk by any means, but at least I get on well with the boss. :p

Really? I heard he was a cnut:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭PKen

Im always bored in work, i get all my work done on time etc, but its just boring anyway!

Hangovers in work i hate, dreadin gnext monday after the dubs game especially if they win, will be a rough monday morning in work

Try working in a job where you're NEVER done with someone breathing down your back for more. I had to leave a job for this reason. Thank your lucky stars that you're only bored. Would you prefer un-natural stress levels instead? I envy that you've (i) a job and (ii) a stress free one. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

I dont mind my job, it can become quite tedious and boring some days, as each day is just a repeat of the previous day with the same sports on day after day.

The plus side is I dont have to deal with the general public and only have to talk to management if I have something to complain about or need something done, other then that i'm left on me every shift.

If you do get bored plenty of gaming sites to go on to as well, to help kill the time.

PKen wrote: »
    Try working in a job where you're NEVER done with someone breathing down your back for more. I had to leave a job for this reason. Thank your lucky stars that you're only bored. Would you prefer un-natural stress levels instead? I envy that you've (i) a job and (ii) a stress free one. :(

Its by no means stress free, and the idiots around me contribute to this stress. I said in a later post im glad i have a job and so cannot complain, but works still boring, but definitely would prefer to be in a job than strugging to find work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Am self employed, sometimes love it, sometimes hate it. A guy came to me looking for work today, he was in a desperate state, made me realise how lucky I am to be working.

So yes I love my job.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭PKen

Raedwald wrote: »
    I dont mind my job, it can become quite tedious and boring some days, as each day is just a repeat of the previous day with the same sports on day after day.

The plus side is I dont have to deal with the general public and only have to talk to management if I have something to complain about or need something done, other then that i'm left on me every shift.

If you do get bored plenty of gaming sites to go on to as well, to help kill the time.

Where do you work? The Civil Service? Any jobs going in your place?

I like my job, and I have lots to do

But today IS monday after all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭nachoman

kfallon wrote: »
    I am bored off my head here in work so it got me thinking, does anyone actually enjoy their job???

I'm grateful to have a job and it pays well for not much effort but is there anyone out there who gets up in the morning and clicks their heels like Charlie Chaplin when walking to work? Does anyone get a high level of job satisfaction?

What do you do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Banned Account

nachoman wrote: »
    What do you do?

Faps - furiously.

Faps - furiously.

I wouldn't be bored then :D

Work in an office in Dublin 1!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

I really like my job, it's awesome!