Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bored at work

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

yup the root of all evil

I hear ya! Worst pubs and worst people in Dublin :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

i'd rather be board in work than not working at all

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

kfallon wrote: »
    I hear ya! Worst pubs and worst people in Dublin :rolleyes:

you should try the pub on sheriff street, good times.....

you should try the pub on sheriff street, good times.....

Yeah like to pop into Noctors for a pint on the way home alright, brings me right back down to earth after playing with the world's billions during the day!!!

Yeah like to pop into Noctors for a pint on the way home alright, brings me right back down to earth after playing with the world's billions during the day!!!

we have make believe money in this place, funds running on air

• Advertisement

we have make believe money in this place, funds running on air

We don't see the hard cash either, it's all make believe on some reports, reports I am now very bored of seeing!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭nachoman

I wouldn't be bored then :D

Work in an office in Dublin 1!
    go traveling for a year or two then, it'll broaden your perspective.

We don't see the hard cash either, it's all make believe on some reports, reports I am now very bored of seeing!

suppose its still better than having no job, as much as it can do your head in somedays. at least its only a half hour trek home!

suppose its still better than having no job, as much as it can do your head in somedays. at least its only a half hour trek home!

It pays the bills and more but if it wasn't for the office window it'd be a long 5 days a week!

It pays the bills and more but if it wasn't for the office window it'd be a long 5 days a week!

ive a nice view of the dock really, with all the crap floating in it and you get the odd kids from sherriff street swimming in it with wetsuits, wouldnt be my idea of a nice swim!

• Advertisement

• OP it's not a great idea to post from work that you hate your job. I know you hate it but surely you don't want to lose it either!

OP it's not a great idea to post from work that you hate your job. I know you hate it but surely you don't want to lose it either!

Never said I hated it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 lainey_ie

dont think anyone actually fully loves their job i hate hearing the alarm clock go off in the morning:)n only after a cup of the strongest coffee am i ok:)the only time i click my heels is come 5.30 on a friday when im going to the pub:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Dizraeligears

Only boring people get bored.And teenagers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 davey17

Im on student placement for 5 weeks and all im doing is photocopying...how can someone not get bored doing that!!!?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Only boring people get bored.And teenagers
    Fail.

• kfallon wrote: »
    Never said I hated it ;)

You said you don't enjoy it and it's boring! Maybe it's just me, but I'd at least pretend I was happy at work. I'd be afraid to be called into the office and told 'well, let's see how exciting you find living on the dole' :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

I'm a self employed debt collector.
    I call in to the lady in the post office once a week and hand a plastic card to her
    and nod, she then gives me out nearly 200 euro in cash.

Thats my work for the week done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Banned Account

davey17 wrote: »
    Im on student placement for 5 weeks and all im doing is photocopying...how can someone not get bored doing that!!!?

Photocopy the pink parts of the office Cougars - honestly, young men today - no imagination.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

When it was really quiet I use to read a book to pass the time, now it's really busy and I still slack off on boards but I would never really get bored.

Although I was working in one place where I literally had nothing to do for 3 days so just sat at my desk, on boards and reading on my phone. That got old after the first half a day, it's good to break up the slacking off with some work, just to keep it interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭PKen

NothingMan wrote: »
    When it was really quiet I use to read a book to pass the time, now it's really busy and I still slack off on boards but I would never really get bored.

Although I was working in one place where I literally had nothing to do for 3 days so just sat at my desk, on boards and reading on my phone. That got old after the first half a day, it's good to break up the slacking off with some work, just to keep it interesting.

Oh my God! Hope the taxpayer's not paying your wages. If so, what you say backs up everything I've been saying on this and other threads. :(

PKen wrote: »
    Oh my God! Hope the taxpayer's not paying your wages. If so, what you say backs up everything I've been saying on this and other threads. :(

No, I work in the private sector and I do my work well.
    But the 3 days I had absolutley nothing to do was when I was working on site in a public service department and what they do, or don't do, would not be acceptable on any other site I have worked on. Although I am not tarring all public sector with that brush, just my own experience.
    But let's not go down that path again.

No, I work in the private sector and I do my work well.
    But the 3 days I had absolutley nothing to do was when I was working on site in a public service department and what they do, or don't do, would not be acceptable on any other site I have worked on. Although I am not tarring all public sector with that brush, just my own experience.
    But let's not go down that path again.

I'm dying to know what field of work you're in. Without giving the game away, just a general description will do.
    Pity about the "Spoiler" used - was this done by a Moderator? It censors out what reinforces my point.

I'm dying to know what field of work you're in. Without giving the game away, just a general description will do.
    Pity about the "Spoiler" used - was this done by a Moderator? It censors out what reinforces my point.

Well obviously I'm not going to go into more detail on my personal circumstances. I put the spoiler tags just so you have to actually want to read what I wrote and not see it immediately and take offence. Anyone can read the spoiler if they want by highlighting it.

Well obviously I'm not going to go into more detail on my personal circumstances. I put the spoiler tags just so you have to actually want to read what I wrote and not see it immediately and take offence. Anyone can read the spoiler if they want by highlighting it.

Sorry for being so nosey. You're indeed intitled to your privacy. I certainly don't take any offence to it - but I'm sure some will.
    However, does what you say not back up my point?

Sorry for being so nosey. You're indeed intitled to your privacy. I certainly don't take any offence to it - but I'm sure some will.
    However, does what you say not back up my point?

It does in relation to that specific site/department but I haven't worked in every public office. I certainly wouldn't count nurses in there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Bosco boy

I'm a self employed debt collector.
    I call in to the lady in the post office once a week and hand a plastic card to her
    and nod, she then gives me out nearly 200 euro in cash.

Thats my work for the week done!

200 Euro too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Fail.

Second.

Advertisement