Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 west K2 TP 11.843 V

• 16-08-2010 1:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

Can anyone get this transponder (UPC HD) 1 west 11.843 V 30000 3/4

Its a K2 beam, which is strange as i can get most of the K2 beams but not this one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Gargantuan

Can't get a lock on it either , it flicks between 0 and 50% but not able to tune anything in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,303 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

61% in Dundalk AzBox 1.1m dish. 6 HD channels all encrypted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

Perfect here in the South Coast. 60% on CT HD with Serpico on now and both HD HBOs are grand also.

88cm dish with Vu+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Again it just shows how the signal drops off this far west!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭sob1467

snaps wrote: »
    Can anyone get this transponder (UPC HD) 1 west 11.843 V 30000 3/4

Its a K2 beam, which is strange as i can get most of the K2 beams but not this one?

I can't get a sniff of that frequency with a 100cm in Donegal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Probably Ireland is mostly in Fresnel Zone. So moving 50 km at right angles to footprint you may get peaks and nulls of signal level as it drops off into the cosmic noise. In South of Spain Astra 2D can change from usable and nothing and back as you go down a road yet is mostly OK (but large dish) in Gibraltar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

I'm going to use the term "cosmic noise" in a sentence today, Thanks Watty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I have a graph of cosmic noise vs frequency:
    124486.png

This is why a less than 1dB NF is needed at 11GHz and irrelevant on band II VHF or Short wave (much more background noise at lower frequencies).

At 10Ghz to 12GHz, unlike 10MHz, most of the noise is Cosmic, or the Sun as it passes behind satellite once a day (worst Spring and Autumn).

Advertisement