Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recivied two items instead of one

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

dunworth1 wrote: »
    can someone explain that to me

i have contacted the seller and told them i have no problem if they want it back as long as they send a courier out to collect the it at no cost to me

will update when i get a response

Lol I like the wording, a courier will probably me a bit more expensive and likely to put them off :cool:

Still I agree, why should you have to waste your time and money for their mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

dudara wrote: »
    OP, the item isn't yours and you are potentially liable for the cost if the seller realises that you have it.

Notify them that you have a duplicate item, and offer to return it to them if they will cover postage.

no

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

tommy21 wrote: »
    Lol I like the wording, a courier will probably me a bit more expensive and likely to put them off :cool:

Still I agree, why should you have to waste your time and money for their mistake?
    They will have deals with Couriers, it'll cost them pennies compared to you or I to send it. We used to make a killing in a company I worked in before, delivery used to cost around £1.60 and we charged £10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

They will have deals with Couriers, it'll cost them pennies compared to you or I to send it. We used to make a killing in a company I worked in before, delivery used to cost around £1.60 and we charged £10

couriors aint that cheap anymore :rolleyes:
    not even close

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

ok got back a reply they want me to send it off to them and include the postage receipt.

can i insist that they get it collected by a courier or do i have to send it to them

because the postage is going to be 15 - 20 euro due to the weight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

dunworth1 wrote: »
    ok got back a reply they want me to send it off to them and include the postage receipt.

can i insist that they get it collected by a courier or do i have to send it to them

because the postage is going to be 15 - 20 euro due to the weight
    You are under no obligation to send the item back. As long as you do not unreasonably refuse to permit the sender to pick up the item then you will own it after 30 days. T-28 days to go!

Why would you take the risk of sending it back and then not getting refunded the cost of doing so? I wouldn't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

axer wrote: »
    You are under no obligation to send the item back. As long as you do not unreasonably refuse to permit the sender to pick up the item then you will own it after 30 days. T-28 days to go!

Why would you take the risk of sending it back and then not getting refunded the cost of doing so? I wouldn't do it.

+1

I'd tell them you want the money for posting it back in advance. bring it to the post office and get an exact quote. Tell them obviously they have no reason not to trust you as you have already contacted them about the item, when you could have just stayed quiet.

just recieved two £140 items from a uk retailer
    one delivered yesterday ,one delivered today
    (i only ordered the item once and was only billed once )
    wonderinng how long it will take them to realsie they ......:rolleyes:

unless they collect it i wont be posting it back ,its a 23kg box :eek:

delllat wrote: »
    just recieved two 140 euro items from a uk retailer
    one delivered yesterday ,one delivered today
    (i only ordered the item once and was only billed once )
    wonderinng how long it will take them to realsie they ......:rolleyes:

unless they collect it i wont be posting it back ,its a 23kg box :eek:

can i have it? :D

zuroph wrote: »
    can i have it? :D

i would but im afraid theyle wack the charge onto my credit card when they realsie whats happened

• Advertisement

i would but im afraid theyle wack the charge onto my credit card when they realsie whats happened
    sure they can't do that :D You didnt order it. you could even get a chargeback. meh, 5 quid says they never notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

axer wrote: »

armed with this info i have replied stating

I have no no obligation to send the item back as it was not my error so if you want the item back you can send a courier out to collect it that I have no problem with.

sure they can't do that :D You didnt order it. you could even get a chargeback. meh, 5 quid says they never notice.

the whole thing started cause i rang them and told him my delivery didnt arrive on correct date (which it didnt)

then he checked the trracking number and said theres been some kind of mixup and he would get it sorted ASAP

then courior lands down with box ,me thinks problem fixed :)

24 hours later couriour comes back with another box (identical item ) :eek:

do i have to phone uk and tell them or do they have to phone me and ask ?

I'd wait them out on it :p

I'd wait them out on it :p

i cant imagine them not noticing an item of this value was delivered twice

its not a packet of peanuts ,its a giant box containing a dual suspension mountain bike :)

oooh, i need a new bike :)

sure if they notice, they'll call, if they don't, they won't

if they notice and call, tell em u are/were away and a housemate signed for it in your name, and you didnt know about the mix up of a second item.

if they notice and call, tell em u are/were away and a housemate signed for it in your name, and you didnt know about the mix up of a second item.

do they not legally have 5 months to inform me ? and then 30 days after that to recover the item ?

sadly they realised the error and want it back :(
    they are sending their courior to get it

at least you waited them out :)

at least you waited them out :)

your not gonna believe this ,theyve just delivered another one

• Advertisement

jesus. are they going to work THAT out?!!? who is this fantastic supplier, i need to start ordering fromt them!! PM if ya want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

your not gonna believe this ,theyve just delivered another one

Following this thread and I cannot believe they have sent you another one after saying they will collect the extra one they already sent. Got to wonder how many other orders they have fooked up. You never now delllat by the time they realise they keep sending out free merchandise they could go out of business and the extra ones could be yours to keep :D:D:D:D

At this stage you should be charging them for warehousing storage service.

i think the one they collected in the morning that was supposed to go back was re-delivered in the afternoon by a differnt driver :rolleyes:

it must be a communication breakdown between the courior company and the bike company

i dont want to name and shame them both on the forum but its a funny situation

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

I don't think you'd be naming and shaiming them. In fact you might be getting them some more business. Every1 will be considering buying a bike from them if they think they may get another 1 free :D

Yawns wrote: »
    I don't think you'd be naming and shaiming them. In fact you might be getting them some more business. Every1 will be considering buying a bike from them if they think they may get another 1 free :D

im sure its not typical that this happens ,theyve wasted more in courior charges now than the profit they would have got for selling the first item so i feel sorry for them

if they contact me tomorrow il say bike? ,what bike? ,mo fos havents delivered it yet :D

theyre gonna have to send another courior to pick it up LOL

Advertisement