Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Team Boards.ie/Wheelworxs Race Around Ireland from September 14 2010

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Raam wrote: »
    There will be no cakes left.

Do you prefer Cadbury's Rolls or French Fancies? We may have some to spare :P
    So there will be no Cadbury's Rolls left for me, but ROK ON gets offered Franch Fancies as well:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Beasty wrote: »
    So there will be no Cadbury's Rolls left for me, but ROK ON gets offered Franch Fancies as well:rolleyes:

The offer was for 100suns! :P

However, I shall personally cook you a cake, Beasty.

Rok On: we must organise a French Fancy hand-off in Kenmare.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The offer was for 100suns! :P

Sorry Raam, I'd forgotten about that "special" supply
    @ROK ON, if you take up the offer make sure you have toilet facilities within 10 minutes and that you will not need to go through doping control over the next few weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭100Suns

ROK ON wrote: »
    Keep me a fancy and I may help you as you come thru Kerry:D
    Choc or Pink one. You can keep the yellow ones.

BACK AWAY from the French Fancies. When the hallucinations start, probably around the Ring of Kerry, the French Fancies are all that we may have to keep us tethered to reality!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭rughdh

niceonetom wrote: »
    Bad news, team-mates. Those boxes turned out to be a lot emptier than we first thought. Some of them have nothing at all in them except empty wrappers. :confused:

In completely unrelated news I seem to have suddenly become quite obese and now have type 2 diabetes.

...and to think I thought you were joking...

picture.php?albumid=917&pictureid=7313

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭rughdh

The very best of luck to you all and chapeau for stepping up to the challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 Boosterseat

The very best of luck to you all - stay safe and bring home the bacon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

anyone going to the solo and 2 ppl team start tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,166 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Just made up 5 litres of energy gel. Got a bit carried away. Still, there's absolutely no chance of anyone going hungry. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Lumen wrote: »
    Just made up 5 litres of energy gel. Got a bit carried away. Still, there's absolutely no chance of anyone going hungry. :D

Well done!

Purely in the name of science, I challenge you to find out how long an adult human male can subsist on home-made gel and nothing else, using yourself as the test subject.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭barrabus

best of luck guys, I have a feeling you are going to do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

Lumen wrote: »

I could have done with about a litre of it yesterday as I cramped my way round the Achill Roar cycle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

100Suns wrote: »
    I'll keep an eye out for you. Hopefully there will be good turnout to see them off.

If I've read the info properly, it's Tues evening that the 4 person teams set off.
    Hope to make it out to Navan to cheer on Team Boards.ie/Wheelworx.

Best of luck guys.

I've moved some posts to the general race thread. Could we try and keep this thread to the exploits of Team Wheelworxs/Boards.ie

Thanks

Beasty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

Good luck to all

the twitter link on original post appears not to be working? any information available to follow race / team on twitter?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Good luck to all

the twitter link on original post appears not to be working? any information available to follow race / team on twitter?

This is their new Twitter feed.

127419.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Sahweeeet!

New blog post up on our site. It's for you lot. :)

Do you feel the love? I feel the love... I LOVE YOU BOARDS.IE Cycling Forum!

• Advertisement

Good luck to all of you - the riders will be taking the brunt of it over the next few days and I'm sure the support crew will not be getting much in the way of breaks during the race either. Well done to you all for bringing it this far - just the small matter of those 2,100km or so now.

Unfortunately I won't be able to get over to the start tomorrow as I'm off to see Wayne's World over in Manchester (he kicks off just before you guys). However I'm currently trying to keep Friday clear of appointments, as I would love to see you all come in at the end.

(PS - look out for those red lights - they penalise you for jumping them;))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

So, what time is the start tomorrow. Anyone planing to cycle out from Dublin to see the lads off?

snollup wrote: »
    So, what time is the start tomorrow. Anyone planing to cycle out from Dublin to see the lads off?

The start is at 8PM
    The Racearound ireland website has more info on location etc.

I am planning on heading out to Navan (in full new Boards kit) to see them off.

What time and from where are you leaving Dublin? Papal cross, Phoenix Park would be a good meeting point if anyone interested.

Would be great to have a sizeable bunch in Boards jerseys to cheer for the lads

Don't forget lights for the return home!!

jimm wrote: »

What time and from where are you leaving Dublin? Papal cross, Phoenix Park would be a good meeting point if anyone interested.

What time would we need to meet up top make it out on time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Good luck to all involved. Looking forward to the pictures / accounts to come

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

Jimm,I heading up so if you're biking up I'll join you. The park would be a good starting point. I no idea how long it would take to get there,nor what route, so couldn't advise on a meeting time. Obviously I'd like to be up there well before the gang heads off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Best of luck tomorrow guys!!!!! I am sure you will do great! And most important of all, enjoy it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Kick ass doods !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Best of luck to riders and crew.
    Real sorry I can't join ye this time.
    Have a blast.:)

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Good luck guys. I'm off the bike at the moment, so won't be able to make the start, but will be following ye on Twitter.

What time would we need to meet up top make it out on time?

snollup, I think I saw somewhere that the teams are introduced from 6pm, so if you want to catch that/enjoy the atmosphere/take some photos, we would need to leave at 4pm (I certainly won't be hammering out to Navan)
    Jimm,I heading up so if you're biking up I'll join you. The park would be a good starting point. I no idea how long it would take to get there,nor what route, so couldn't advise on a meeting time. Obviously I'd like to be up there well before the gang heads off.

The tax man, as above meet at 4pm, I reckon 2 hrs at a leisurely pace should get us to Navan for 6pm ish. Going to try to finish work early.
    I'm not sure of a route either, N3? Maybe less traffic on it since the motorway opened?

Anyway, is 4pm at the Papal Cross ok with everyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Going for spin anyway so might as well do this.

Can anyone do 5pm?

snollup, I think I saw somewhere that the teams are introduced from 6pm, so if you want to catch that/enjoy the atmosphere/take some photos, we would need to leave at 4pm (I certainly won't be hammering out to Navan)

The tax man, as above meet at 4pm, I reckon 2 hrs at a leisurely pace should get us to Navan for 6pm ish. Going to try to finish work early.
    I'm not sure of a route either, N3? Maybe less traffic on it since the motorway opened?

Anyway, is 4pm at the Papal Cross ok with everyone?

4pm sounds good to me. Can you make it any earlier ROK ON?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,278 ✭✭✭kenmc

Best of luck to all involved, will be following on the websites.
    Do us proud :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭emtroche

Looking forward to meeting you all tomorrow.

I'm heading for some badly needed sleep! :)

nat00_wind.png?1418

Nice one. Killer headwind all the way to Navan. On the plus side,we'll be home in jig time.:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Best of luck guys, I'll try to get to some point and cheer ye on :)

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Beasty prediction:

Wayne will score at the moment you set off this evening:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Good luck to the team and well done to all the support crew especially Caroline who I know has done an amazing amount of work since she came on board and probably deserves most credit for the structure of the team organisation going into the race.

Remember, second is first loser and all that... :) Do us proud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

Best of luck to everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭lescol

Good luck to riders and all in the team

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Won't be long now.
    Hope the weather's improved.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Best of luck lads, lots of updates please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Was in Navan to wish the gang well. Couldn't stay for the send off but all looked in good shape and spirits were high. Good luck to all and stay safe.

Nice to meet Jimm and Raam for first time and of course the usual suspects The tax man, Caroline, niceonetom, Dirk and Lumen

Brought the camera but forgot to put a card in it :o

PS thanks for the stickers Caroline

Great to see the team off and that the weather had turned for the better.
    Best of luck guys.
    Good to catch up with sy,the knees just got me home.:D

Through the first checkpoint - 66.8km in 2hr 5mins, averaging 32.1kph, in 3rd place. Current race positions here

According to Raam's Twitter he had to get a new helmet today, as both his were cracked:eek:

3rd through the second checkpoint, although it looks like one of the teams that started after them may be a bit faster at present - 136.1km in 4hr 14mins at 32.1kph, and going faster than both 8-man teams.

It looks as if Aiden started off, and with Raam and Tom huddled up in the campervan, I am guessing Kevin took the second stint

Raam has just tweeted that his first shift is over, so I'm guessing Tom was third and they've all had a go now. Looks like they had a very strong headwind to battle against overnight

The great news is they are up to second place at the 3rd checkpoint 262.4km in 8hr 30mins, an average of 30.8kph, and 16 minutes ahead of 3rd.

Keep up the great work guys (and support team)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement