Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making a beat'em up

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I don't know much about beat'em'up enemy routines.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i guess il make it all myself but i want stage ideas, character ideas, weapons, moves, normal enemies, routines, boss's , story line.
    I probably wont be drawing anything from scratch but editing already made sprites would be good

edit: game link added

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Blinn

If this comes to fruition and you'd like me to I can make some music for it.

Here's a track I made for a friends shmup:
    http://www.tindeck.com/listen/rtlq

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Placebo wrote: »
    I already have Felicia walking [left, right] in the game
    Game here: www.iamjpg.com/gameTest.zip,
    zipped exe, only 1.28mb,
    left,right, up to jump

She fell off the screen and died :(

Thats a cool idea, if i can contribute i'll give it a shot once my research is done for good. But i',m not sure if i'd class those games as beat'em ups, maybe shoot'em ups.

I was thinking it would be a laugh to create a fighting game with players from our scene using Fighter Maker 2 on the ps2. We could play it at the day of champions!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Blinn wrote: »
    If this comes to fruition and you'd like me to I can make some music for it.

Here's a track I made for a friends shmup:
    http://www.tindeck.com/listen/rtlq

cool song

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Im up for helping you, Ive made a few FPS games and Strategy games back in college.. just dont ask me to help with coding xD, Graphics im fine with haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I used to play around with this, made a very short (read: room with a boss) Castlevania/Demons Crest crossover. Would have done more but ended up moving on to XNA.

Wonder if it's still in a playable state....

you know C# ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

There's a dude on srk re-doing final fight and adding in 3rd strike ken and ryu, I suggest you contact him if you need advice etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Man, I haven't made a GameMaker game in years. My last attempt was a badass Megaman X clone in first year with Tron Bonne as the final boss. Ah, those were the days... before my hatred of all things programming set in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

That Felicia walking animation looks funny. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

There's a dude on srk re-doing final fight and adding in 3rd strike ken and ryu, I suggest you contact him if you need advice etc.

i dont need advice from him, hes using something i used ages ago, its not great and i dont really like his ken stuff, hes been working on that ultra for months now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Be interested in this but I'm not free till after the 25th :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

I;d love to lend a hand, but on a very part time-ish basis. I'd love to take part in a long term project, like an hour or two per fortnight, finish in a year or two,

it;s usually those which succeed rather then the one which are pushed by one dude who's really enthusiastic, and recruits some other people, then, after 6 months or so of slow progress and "effort shock" gives up.

on the art side of thing, I can provide menu music, theme tunes etc as well as sound effects and character ideas.

I could also balance test things, "amateur" video games suffer from two great problems:

1 they're usually never finished

2 there usually unbalanced and broken

Placebo wrote: »
    you know C# ?

That I do.

No expert like, I tend to favour brute force by first fundamentals.

just had a look at xna, and c#, nothin fancy to be honest, i grew up learning java anythings tameable, just dont think i have the time for it.

There's not much difference in using java or C#.

Advertisement