Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to eduvation MASTERS??

• 16-08-2010 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

hi guys,

I've been on the dole for over 6 months now and im wondering if anyone knows about the back to education schemes....

I have allready got my undergrad degree from NUIM ins scinece but i am thinking of going doing a masters now because i cant find any work at the moment...

Is there any schemes that allow you to do masters or is it jus for people looking to get an undergrad degree....

Also what is the best way to find out the information on this topic...

Many Thanks
    Gamby

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

gamby wrote: »
    ..Is there any schemes that allow you to do masters or is it jus for people looking to get an undergrad degree....

Maintenance grant.
    Read through the stickies at the top of this forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

gamby wrote: »
    hi guys,

I've been on the dole for over 6 months now and im wondering if anyone knows about the back to education schemes....

I have allready got my undergrad degree from NUIM ins scinece but i am thinking of going doing a masters now because i cant find any work at the moment...

Is there any schemes that allow you to do masters or is it jus for people looking to get an undergrad degree....

Many Thanks
    Gamby

You can get the Back to Education Allowance for a postgraduate course of study that leads to a Higher Diploma (H.Dip.) qualification in any discipline or a Graduate Diploma in Education (primary and secondary teaching). Other types of postgraduate qualifications are not recognised for BTEA.

You would be eligible for the maintenance grant - also make sure that ask them to consider your 2010 earnings as a change of circumstances ie they will assess your 2009 income but as your 2010 income is substantially lower you can possibly get a higher rate if they assess your 2010 income

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement