Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best niteclubs/bars/restaurants in Dublin City Centre?

Options
  • 16-08-2010 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Just wondering where are the best niteclubs or bars in Dublin City Centre during the weekend? Also where would be a good cheap place to eat in the way of a restaurant?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Are you coming up for a weekend? What are you looking for? Ethnic, traditional, fine dining... etc. There are hundreds of restaurant recommendations if you have a look at old posts here. I would try Fallon and Byrnes all day early bird. Amazing value, great food, brilliant atmosphere. What are you looking for in a pub? Quiet, mad etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭mary55

Thank for the reply. Yes coming for a weekend. I'm from Cork. Looking for restaurants that serve just nice normal food nothing too fancy. Would like a fairly lively pub/niteclub with good music/entertainment but not an overly busy place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

are you up for the match ?

there'll be loads of Corkonians up next weekend just follow the crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

mary55 wrote: »
    Thank for the reply. Yes coming for a weekend. I'm from Cork. Looking for restaurants that serve just nice normal food nothing too fancy. Would like a fairly lively pub/niteclub with good music/entertainment but not an overly busy place.

le bon crubeen on talbot street, lovely food

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Le Bon Crubeen is lovely. Loads of really good places are doing early birds Mary, there are some good tapas places around two, The Porter House, Bar Pintxo, Market bar do really good reasonably priced food. The Hairy Lemon is a lively but not nuts pub, the Fitz William has really good music if you like good modern DJ mixes. All walkable from Croker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

John_Rambo wrote: »
    the Fitz William has really good music if you like good modern DJ mixes.

Do you mean the South William?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Oscar K

I, like Mary am also looking for a nice restaurant. It's for my grads so my parents will be with me. Want something nice but nothing too pretentious. I'm not too fussed whereabouts in the city it is but if anyone had any suggestions for the northside of the city I would appreciate that also as we are staying around there.

Oscar K wrote: »
    I, like Mary am also looking for a nice restaurant. It's for my grads so my parents will be with me. Want something nice but nothing too pretentious. I'm not too fussed whereabouts in the city it is but if anyone had any suggestions for the northside of the city I would appreciate that also as we are staying around there.

I assume if its for your graduation then you want somewhere a little bit special.

Northside the best is Chapter One. Very good value pre theatre menu in there.

The Winding Stair on the quays is also excellent and a little less formal.

Ely CHQ in the IFSC is great but expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Oscar K wrote: »
    Want something nice but nothing too pretentious
    PH4T wrote: »
    Northside the best is Chapter One.

I find Chapter One incredibly pretentious! Been there a few times and never feel comfortable.

cosmic wrote: »
    I find Chapter One incredibly pretentious! Been there a few times and never feel comfortable.

I would say it is more formal than pretentious.

The service and food are excellent. The staff are friendly and always make an effort.

Somewhere pretentious in my mind has arrogant/rude service. There are countless places like this although thankfully not half such much as there was during the boom years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

PH4T wrote: »
    I would say it is more formal than pretentious.

The service and food are excellent. The staff are friendly and always make an effort.

Somewhere pretentious in my mind has arrogant/rude service. There are countless places like this although thankfully not half such much as there was during the boom years.

Yeah, I suppose so. I guess I'm just not comfortable in formal places.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Luigi Malones is by far the nicest restaurant in the city centre!!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Think Il go here for dinner today, hearing so much about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Where abouts on Talbot Street?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Oliver1985 wrote: »
    Where abouts on Talbot Street?

just before the irish life mall if your heading towards the spire

Advertisement