Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin 255w software updates

Options
  • 16-08-2010 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

After being in mothballs since Feb, I switched on my satnav to be told that the maps should be updated (not too bothered by that), but also that there may be software updates.

Problem is, the laptop I used to set up the navi in the first place died ages ago, so I don't have access to the registration I used. Is the registration required to update the software or is it just a case of plugging it into my other computer and installing the software from the Garmin webiste?

Yes, I know I could just plug it in and see what happens, but I don't want to end up with a dead satnav before I head off at the weekend.

Any advice gratefully accepted!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I'd say if you download Garmin Webupdater it should do the trick

http://www8.garmin.com/products/webupdater/howtoinstall.jsp

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

That worked. Thanks a mill.

As it transpired, when I plugged it into the PC, it just recognised it as a USB drive and took no action. I installed the webupdater from the Garmin Website and it recognised the sat nav and just updated the software. Of course it then offered me the new maps, which I politely declined!

Advertisement