Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wooden cross

Options
  • 16-08-2010 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi,

We have a wooden cross from a grave that was used to identify the grave before we had the proper headstone put in. We now have the cross in the garage and we would like to have something made out of, I was thinking maybe a picture frame but anything at all would be great. I'm not even sure what type of wood the cross is made from, but its about 2.5 inches in thickness and is pretty heavy.
    Can anyone recommend a wood turner in the Kildare or Dublin area that might be able to do something with it? Has anyone done something similar?

Many thanks.

Finn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

could u post up a pic of it? We can see what timber it is then

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Finn Dub

I'll post a photo of it this evening, bearing in mind its painted white, but it might give you a better idea. cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Finn Dub

I took a couple of photos of the cross, they are not great but hopefully it gives you an idea. The cross is lighter than i thought too, so the wood may not be good enough to make anything out. Let me know what you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

can you scrape off a patch of paint so we can clearly seed the wood underneath?

Advertisement