Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Phone 7 Launch Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Just a heads up for Samsung WP7 owners...

So I finally decided to listen to some music via my headphones on my Omnia 7 today and as a user said earlier, the sound was horrifically low. I had remembered hearing something about this on wpcentral before and had a look and it seems the output has been purposely reduced on the Samsung phones. To combat this I followed the instructions here and now the volume is perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Well i cant complain about the music from the headphones. The Sound quality from the headphones is very nice (especially with Dolby or SRS). Though the speaker is rubbish for music. Though doesnt bother me alot since id only be listening through the headphones or the aux anyway.

I suppose just wait out for an update. I know there shouldn't be the whole delay with the WP7 updates as on android just hope their out as the rest get it. O2 hasnt got the name for delivering updates on time :S couldn't be bothered flashing roms :) main reason why i sold the HD2 cause i was doing to much tinkering on it and it was taking up too much of my time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

gizmo wrote: »
    Just a heads up for Samsung WP7 owners...

So I finally decided to listen to some music via my headphones on my Omnia 7 today and as a user said earlier, the sound was horrifically low. I had remembered hearing something about this on wpcentral before and had a look and it seems the output has been purposely reduced on the Samsung phones. To combat this I followed the instructions here and now the volume is perfect.

What? I haven't heard anything about this and I have an Omnia 7. I find that anything about 16/30 is way too loud via the standard headphones that come with it.

Ah, I don't use the stock headphones, I have a set of Etymotics HF-5s. The issue was similar to the one mentioned here too so I thought I'd bring it up in case others were having the same problem.

idk i find the HTC Sound Enhancer app a massive improvement from stock sound experience. Cant even compare to what it sounds from stock :) I have cheap in ear headphones and 20 does me perfect :)

Finally got HTML email :D the android email app was annoying cause you could only see a bunch of links in content rich email

EDIT: Did an update on HTC Sound Enhancer and seem to have improved the quality of the music alot :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

It would be interesting to track people who use the Omnia 7 so far a few people have reported the low sound issue. I wonder if its people who don't use stock headphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭markpb

liamog wrote: »
    It would be interesting to track people who use the Omnia 7 so far a few people have reported the low sound issue. I wonder if its people who don't use stock headphones.

I haven't tried the stock earphones, maybe that will fix it but tbh I don't see why my earphones (which worked in my iPodTouch and Samsung Omnia I) should be the problem. Earphones are earhones, right? :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

It's just an idea, maybe they've lowered the volume as they assumed everybody would be using the in-ear style of headphones.

Did they supply in ear headphones or was it just plain ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

Did they supply in ear headphones or was it just plain ones?

In ear.

• Advertisement

Perhaps it's something to do with the fact that the stock headphones come with an iPhone-style 4-contract jack? I know my Etymotics are only 3 anyway.

did you try contacting Samsung about it?

idk i got a cheap set of in ear headphones for a tenner and it works perfect. Always set on 22 and i get nice clear crisp bass and sound quality. The control of the volume is well spaced out on HTC anyway.

I think the only thing you can do is just write them an email or call them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

I use the stock headphones and the volume is fine. About 15 and it's fine on the luas, I can perfectly hear my music and nothing else. Yes it's the Omnia 7.

did you try contacting Samsung about it?

idk i got a cheap set of in ear headphones for a tenner and it works perfect. Always set on 22 and i get nice clear crisp bass and sound quality. The control of the volume is well spaced out on HTC anyway.

I think the only thing you can do is just write them an email or call them :)
    Oh it's not an issue now that I've used the Diagnostics app to adjust the gain on the audio. It's actually perfect now, sound quality is great. :)

love the battery life :) i tried pushing it and got 2 and a half days out of my HD7 which is awesome comparing it to the HD2 that would last around 24 hours with WinMo and approx 16 hours with android ;) :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Android on the HD2 is the only way to go ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭bkelly86

Have the omnia 7 a week now and am really happy with it but there one the thing is annoying me when i'm playing music the background is just black, does anyone else have this problem?
    From looking at videos on youtube I thought the album art was meant to show in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

Yes you should have the album art. Play the songs in Zune and see if it shows up there. You may have some tagging to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭bkelly86

Yes you should have the album art. Play the songs in Zune and see if it shows up there. You may have some tagging to do.

i have the album art alright but the background is just black, do you have an artist image in the background like this video?

Zune gives covers on the phone as long as it has them on the pc program. Works fine otherwise. As some one said you probably will have to name song properly if the software couldn't find the disc details.

ECh wishes the day boards will bring in tapatalk. Wp7 already got tapatalk. Bought it and it works great. But sucks that this is the only forum that i have to go on the browser for :(:(:(:(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

I have to admit, I'm getting a little impatient waiting for the first update for the phone. I wonder what's taking them so long, especially since we saw copy-and-paste being demonstrated at CES at the beginning of the month.

Copy paste was pushed a long time ago before CES, all developers phones had it.

getting annoyed too :( hope its a damn massive upgrade as they state it is. Or I won't br happy =D

bkelly86 wrote: »
    i have the album art alright but the background is just black, do you have an artist image in the background like this video?

Ye I get that on my Omnia 7 - if you have the internet enabled (either wifi or 3g) while listening to the music it will download a background image for the artist that will be saved to the phone. Any time you play a song from that song it will show that image in the background and also on the zune tile icon on home screen.

rc28 wrote: »
    Ye I get that on my Omnia 7 - if you have the internet enabled (either wifi or 3g) while listening to the music it will download a background image for the artist that will be saved to the phone. Any time you play a song from that song it will show that image in the background and also on the zune tile icon on home screen.

Hmm... I'm playing songs I bought legitimately from iTunes and I've got WiFi yet my background is just black also?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Yeah I just have the black screen too but the album art is there. I thought it had something to do with the Zune Pass which we don't have here. But if someone else has it, then what gives?

Oh that background. Can't see the video on the phone :) Mmm I remember I had that on my hd2 When I was running wp7 on it. No idea why it doesn't work on hd7 either

rizzla wrote: »
    Yeah I just have the black screen too but the album art is there. I thought it had something to do with the Zune Pass which we don't have here. But if someone else has it, then what gives?

My thoughts exactly, I just assumed it wasn't working in Ireland... be nice if the Music & Video's Tile was a proper Live Tile too, rather than just the Zune logo.

rc28 wrote: »
    Have you got this to work for yourself? If so, where is your Zune/Live account located?

From what I've read on XDA it seems the main culprit is being in a country which does not have the Zune Marketplace available.

I could swear that when I was on the HD2 it had the artist picture in the background when your browsing through their songs. Not sure about now playing section though

• Advertisement

gizmo wrote: »
    Have you got this to work for yourself? If so, where is your Zune/Live account located?

From what I've read on XDA it seems the main culprit is being in a country which does not have the Zune Marketplace available.

This must be it then - my windows live account is based in the US (can't remember why I put this instead of Ireland and it seems that it can't be changed either). My 'music & video' app has a live tile on the main screen with the most recent artist showing up on it rather than just a plain zune logo. Also, when you tap on the artists name it includes a bio on the artist and access to the marketplace to preview their other songs you don't have.

I can get apps that come out in America before Europe too. I realise now, of course, that when microsoft bring full zune/marketplace/maps support to Ireland I will probably have to create a new windows account and reset my phone :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement