Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows Phone 7 Launch Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Boo_hoo wrote: »
    AntiVirus wrote: »
    That won't work, people have been trying that since they got their phones

All I can say is it works now. I updated to Mango yesterday. Installed the network App after that and now mms works perfectly. Would you like an mms to prove it>?

No need to send me an mms to prove it works, I believe you. :D

Maybe the mango update has fixed something else? mms has been working for me since I flashed the open firmware on to my LG. if some other LG users who have updated to Mango and don't have working mms could try this and let us know the results it could be very helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

No need to send me an mms to prove it works, I believe you. :D

Maybe the mango update has fixed something else? mms has been working for me since I flashed the open firmware on to my LG. if some other LG users who have updated to Mango and don't have working mms could try this and let us know the results it could be very helpful.

I'd happily try it, I have mango and haven't flashed to the open firmware, but I'm on Meteor, not vodafone. Can I still test it or??

T-b0n3 wrote: »

I'd happily try it, I have mango and haven't flashed to the open firmware, but I'm on Meteor, not vodafone. Can I still test it or??

Yes give it a shot. Let us know if it works

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

I made the mistake of trying to use my Windows Phone with the Windows 8 Developer Preview. The phone started acting strangely and wouldn't connect to Zune. It would also delete media that I'd added to it, like music albums.

I had to re-install Windows 7, flash the phone's firmware and install Zune in that order to get it to work again. In practice though it took two OS re-installs, several Zune installs and another firmware flash before it finally worked.

...And now I'm installing Mango. It was worth it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Boo_hoo

Sadly afaik the app hasn't updated for O2 or meteor. Last reported not working for Meteor in May though so maybe some changed since...

Sadly afaik the app hasn't updated for O2 or meteor. Last reported not working for Meteor in May though so maybe some changed since...

When I try to launch that app I get an ADC error and then when I check the list for supported carriers no Irish carriers are listed?

In your setting go to about and see what carrier your phone is listed as.

You have to disable ADC in MFG Engineer menu before using it. For me the App automatically found Vodafone 272-01 which is Ireland.

Though as I said before I don't think Meteor or O2 are working..

My carrier is "vodafone" in Settings>about

If I go to MFG>Engineer Menu> Other Setting> view Current Profile I can see the settings for mms and Vodafone.ie

On a side not I just updated 15 of my apps and am coming to regret it, So many of the updates just added more adverts, completely ruining many of them.

You have to disable ADC in MFG Engineer menu before using it. For me the App automatically found Vodafone 272-01 which is Ireland.

Though as I said before I don't think Meteor or O2 are working..

My carrier is "vodafone" in Settings>about

If I go to MFG>Engineer Menu> Other Setting> view Current Profile I can see the settings for mms and Vodafone.ie

Did you get this phone from Germany? I'm pretty sure the carrier should say Vodafone.de.

I'm on the 3 network and no matter what trick I tried I could not get mms working. After flashing to the European Open firmware I had it working in about 5 mins.

The Find My Phone site has also gotten a makeover. It seems to be really responsive and reliable now, and Ireland is listed in the message countries. Very tasty! :D

https://www.windowsphone.com/en-IE/find

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

My LG Optimus 7 has crashed twice since i updated to mango. And i have no idea why...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭markpb

I hope I'm the exception to the rule but this upgrade process is terribly unreliable for me.

1. No OTA update notification but Zune attempted to update anyway
    2. Update failed with driver install error
    3. OTA update notification but Zune says no update is pending
    4. Apply the Samsung Omnia patch (again), Zune says no update waiting
    5. Change PC, upgrade fails because the new WP7 driver isn't installed (it didn't tell me this, I spotted it when I ran Windows Update manually)
    6. Tried installing the driver several times (all of them failed) before eventually rebooting my PC twice and then trying again. The driver installed but.... Zune says no update is waiting
    7. Change back to the first PC, install the WP7 driver through WU and reboot. Then attempted the upgrade which fails with error 801812C1 (MS say I need to install the Samsung patch even though it's already installed)
    8. Try the upgrade again only for Zune to tell me that there is no upgrade available.

This is awful tripe.

Try this trick to update to Mango

1. Start Zune
    2. Turn off Data connection and Wifi on the Phone
    3. Connect the Phone with the PC (USB)
    4. Start the update search in Zune
    5. About 3 seconds later, disconnect your PC from the internet (Turn WLAN off).
    6. Zune finds Update. Press OK.
    7. Connect to the internet again and install the update.

Have you tried that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

I was hoping the update would fix my phone but it didn't. I still can't make calls. I can get calls to work the odd time when I put loud speaker on. Also, it won't play music on loudspeaker. Any ideas?

The Find My Phone site has also gotten a makeover. It seems to be really responsive and reliable now, and Ireland is listed in the message countries. Very tasty! :D

https://www.windowsphone.com/en-IE/find

This is very cool! Just tried it and it works a charm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Daniel S wrote: »
    I was hoping the update would fix my phone but it didn't. I still can't make calls. I can get calls to work the odd time when I put loud speaker on. Also, it won't play music on loudspeaker. Any ideas?

Did ya try to do a hard reset for the phone?

Seems more like an issue with corrupted firmware.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,677 ✭✭✭✭fits

Have an omnia 7 on Meteor. I havent plugged it in to my laptop for a couple of weeks. Is it going to try update to Mango when I do? Should I go ahead with it or wait a wee while. Seems to be a few problems going by this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Sounds like some corruption due to using a beta? Try a hard reset and if that doesn't fix it you have a hardware fault.
    fits wrote: »
    Have an omnia 7 on Meteor. I havent plugged it in to my laptop for a couple of weeks. Is it going to try update to Mango when I do? Should I go ahead with it or wait a wee while. Seems to be a few problems going by this thread.

I definately wouldn't wait. I've been on mango since the beta came out and it is far better than NoDo. I haven't had a single stability issue with the beta or RTM.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Apart from the browser I havent noticed much difference in Mango, it still have the MMS issue though but I think Microsoft have pretty much ignored all the complaints about it so I dont see it getting fixed.

MMS is working fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

fjon wrote: »
    Don't suppose anyone is having trouble accessing the touch.boards.ie site?
    I'm getting "The requested item could not be loaded! (Status Code:400)"
    It seems like it's trying to download a file called ads.xhtml which is causing the issue.

Strange, am I really the only one with this problem? Guess it's an an issue on the boards side as it's the only website that doesn't work.

fjon wrote: »
    Strange, am I really the only one with this problem? Guess it's an an issue on the boards side as it's the only website that doesn't work.

Its working fine for me

• Advertisement

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Your on Vodafone right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I thought they might have included settings for conditional call forwarding. The call forwarding effort is very poor.(LG)

Seven Worlds will Collide

I thought they might have included settings for conditional call forwarding. The call forwarding effort is very poor.(LG)

Unconditional call forwarding has nothing to do with lg. I've all my forwarding working on my phone. Calls get forwarded to my blueface voip account which records the message and emails me the voice mail. I set it up as 3 charge me to listen to my voice mail :D

Unconditional forwarding: all calls

Activate = *21*[phone number]#
    Cancel = ##21#
    Cancel & Retain = #21#
    Status = *#21#
    Reestablish = *21#

Conditional forwarding: if busy

*67*[phone number]#

##67#

#67#

*#67#

*67#

Conditional forwarding: if not answered

*61*[phone number]#

##61#

#61#

*#61#

*61#

Conditional forwarding: if out of reach

*62*[phone number]#

##62#

#62#

*#62#

*62#

Conditional forwarding: all forwards

*002*[phone number]#

##002#

#002#

*#002#

*002#

Conditional forwarding: all conditional forwards

*004*[phone number]#

##004#

#004#

*#004#

*004#

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭cuppa

Keeps saying my phone is up to date(LG German one)7.0(7392).is that the mango update

cuppa wrote: »
    Keeps saying my phone is up to date(LG German one)7.0(7392).is that the mango update

No it's not. Read through the last few pages and you'll find posts on how to force it to update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

Whats that german site that a load of you got Optimus 7's from? I'm trawling through this damn thread trying to find it for a friend. Just another reason we need a WP7 section.

Try this trick to update to Mango

1. Start Zune
    2. Turn off Data connection and Wifi on the Phone
    3. Connect the Phone with the PC (USB)
    4. Start the update search in Zune
    5. About 3 seconds later, disconnect your PC from the internet (Turn WLAN off).
    6. Zune finds Update. Press OK.
    7. Connect to the internet again and install the update.

Yea i have tried that about 10 times now.

Is the update area in view sync ,,then press update

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

DjFlin wrote: »
    Whats that german site that a load of you got Optimus 7's from? I'm trawling through this damn thread trying to find it for a friend. Just another reason we need a WP7 section.

There's the original bargain alert thread. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=72126831

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Unconditional call forwarding has nothing to do with lg. I've all my forwarding working on my phone.

Thanks AV - I'm familiar with those, still think they should be on the phone

Seven Worlds will Collide

At last think its updating went in to change my region from ireland to uk ,,and before i got a chance to change anything ,,it says an update is available ,,sweet

• Advertisement

Here's a link to the Price Guard, this is the site I got mine from.

It's 179.90 euros and shipping to Ireland is 14.90

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LG-E900-OPTIMUS-7-WINDOWS-PHONE-7-BLACK-5M-KAMERA-HANDY-/190575150976?_trksid=p4340.m263&_trkparms=algo%3DDLSL%252BSIC%26its%3DI%252BP%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%252BDDSIC%26otn%3D8%26pmod%3D200625220083%26po%3D%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D3083706572968383513

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Thanks AV - I'm familiar with those, still think they should be on the phone

What I've done is added them to my Contacts list for easy activation and deactivation :)

Here's my Forward all, handy for holidays and I have 2 more done for Busy and Unanswered

Untitled-5.jpg

Used to be 159.90 at one stage... I got it at 169.90 though.

Yip, I got mine for 169.90 as well, still a bargin a 179.90 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12 gunnai

Does anyone know if App Connect is working in Mango? I've tried using Bing to search for stuff but no apps have popped up at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

gunnai wrote: »
    Does anyone know if App Connect is working in Mango? I've tried using Bing to search for stuff but no apps have popped up at all

I don't think there are any apps just yet for our region that take advantage of App Connect, so nothing is showing up. Perhaps we'll see Golden Pages, Yelp, etc showing up soon?

I only know of one app, Open Table, which is for the US market only and books tables (I think?). I'm hoping this app connect technology will allow us to integrate Google Local results in Bing search results (ie if I search for "pizza" in Bing, one of the tabs could be "Google" and it would show me Google listings).

Meanwhile, the coolest new features I've found so far (apart from the obvious multitasking, facebook integration, messaging and such) is Bing Vision live-reading QR and Microsoft Tag codes (very practical) and scanning and translating text (frankly amazing). Because it's all integrated in the Bing Vision feature means you may actually practically use it, rather than having to hunt down and launch individual apps.

Also I'm very impressed with the voice-activation; you can now hold down the Start button, say "Text <contact name>", you can dictate your text message, it'll read it back for you, then you just say "Send" and away it goes. It works really well and I'm looking forward to trying out some more of the voice features.

What I like most about Mango is that it is available for every WP7 handset; no issue with an older handset not being able to handle the new features. Everyone is on the same level. This kind of fragmentation is weakening Android, but MS got the Mango update exactly right; it seems already that the majority of owners are now updated.

Exactly the one I was looking for. Thanks for the PM too. With all this Mango hullabaloo, I nearly missed your reply. :D

So...

...when's Tango coming out? :)

So...

...when's Tango coming out? :)

Early 2012.

I think Tango is supposed to be a NoDo-esqe update, ie, small. Then later in 2012 SeaRay, which is the big update.

• Advertisement

Early 2012.

I think Tango is supposed to be a NoDo-esqe update, ie, small. Then later in 2012 SeaRay, which is the big update.

I thought SeaRay was the code name for the new Nokia Windows Phones. :confused:

I thought SeaRay was the code name for the new Nokia Windows Phones. :confused:

Oh? Maybe. Theres loads of rumors. Either way, neither will be arriving for a while.

Early 2012.

Apollo is the next BIG update after Tango. Microsoft likes O's :D

That update will bring the phone up to windows phone 8 and will most likely be released around the same time as Windows 8, around this time next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

I can confirm that the LG network app seems to work now on mango. I didn't think it would work considering I am not with a "real" network as such (tesco mobile) but surprisingly it did :)

I haven't tested MMS messages out yet but I was able to connect to 3G without changing any apn settings.

One other review stated that "Worked great for Vodafone. Mms etc working. Apn still needs to be set"

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Apollo is the next BIG update after Tango. Microsoft likes O's :D

That update will bring the phone up to windows phone 8 and will most likely be released around the same time as Windows 8, around this time next year.
    I haven't seen it confirmed that Apollo will be available to existing phones, has anyone seen any news on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭wilser

has anyone with an lg e900 on vodafone got the mango update notification yet?
    thanks

• Advertisement

A friend of mine has. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭wilser

ok thanks, i will try it again when i get home

When Mango was officially released, I restored my phone to NoDo. I was curious to see how long it would take for Mango to show up without forcing it.

So after a few days of waiting, It showed up today. Much faster than NoDo did. I was waiting weeks on that.

I'm using the Open European ROM on my LG Optimus 7 on Vodafone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭moonboy52

I tried to update LG Optimus 7 the other day. Did the turn wifi off trick, it found the update, but i forgot to turn my wifi back on and it did not update obviously.

I have tried about 50 times to get it to update with no luck, so i guess i will wait for the update notification on the phone.

Im with O2 but the phone is Vodafone IRL branded.

moonboy52 wrote: »
    I tried to update LG Optimus 7 the other day. Did the turn wifi off trick, it found the update, but i forgot to turn my wifi back on and it did not update obviously.

I have tried about 50 times to get it to update with no luck, so i guess i will wait for the update notification on the phone.

Im with O2 but the phone is Vodafone IRL branded.

Have you tried re-starting your phone and your computer?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement