Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mindless drunken vandalism

Options
  • 16-08-2010 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭

To the pissed-up GAA-heads who found it amusing to launch a handful of stones at my mate's car last night, causing 300 euro of damage to the windscreen, I hope you drop dead.
    That poor lad is unemployed with a family to look after and needs his car to find work. He can't afford to replace the windscreen just because you're a sadcase who didn't get your hole in Quinns last night.
    It's a pity the hundreds of Gardai who stand around Drumcondra looking hard during Croke Park matches (when nothing happens) are nowhere to be seen when tens of thousands of fans get wellied into the drink afterwards and make sh!te of the area because they're up in the big smoke and decide it would be entertaining to destroy the hard-earned property of Dublin residents who have to put up with their crap every other week for half the year.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Which county were they from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

To the pissed-up GAA-heads who found it amusing to launch a handful of stones at my mate's car last night, causing 300 euro of damage to the windscreen, I hope you drop dead.
    That poor lad is unemployed with a family to look after and needs his car to find work. He can't afford to replace the windscreen just because you're a sadcase who didn't get your hole in Quinns last night.
    It's a pity the hundreds of Gardai who stand around Drumcondra looking hard during Croke Park matches (when nothing happens) are nowhere to be seen when tens of thousands of fans get wellied into the drink afterwards and make sh!te of the area because they're up in the big smoke and decide it would be entertaining to destroy the hard-earned property of Dublin residents who have to put up with their crap every other week for half the year.

Bit much really? Granted it's scummy behaviour but that kind of language is always ott.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

How do you know they were GAA fans?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Yea you get dickheads with drink on them who think this sort of crap is funny. Bit of a disgrace to be honest, always has to be a bunch of idiots to ruin somebody else’s day

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

No, it's not a bit much. I do actually wish they were dead. They're not contributing to any society or civilisation I'm aware of, p!ssing in people's gardens, throwing cans round the place, yelling till 4 in the morning and damaging the entire neighbourhood and property.
    I've been down on the day of a big match, and it was like having an Orange Parade outside your house for twelve hours straight. Penned into your own home while drunken louts make sh!te of your garden and your area. The doorbell going at 3 in the morning. Waking up to a garden full of rubbish (or excrement) and the car damaged. It's despicable.
    As for what county they were from, I neither know nor care. They're scum, plain and simple, wherever they came from. In my mate's experience, they're all as bad as each other.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I say we ban GAA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

Surely his insurance will cover it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

It always baffles me as to why people would buy a gaf near Croker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

They were trying to help make Croke park carbon neutral by insuring your friend couldn't drive his car.

He already had to claim once this year when his tyres got slashed and the side of his car keyed (again after a big game at Croker).
    He's looking to get rid of the car now, but chances are he won't be able to sell it now after the latest damage.
    As for buying near Croker, he's renting, but it's near the kids' schools. I reckon he'll move when the lease is up though. Nice area, nice people, sadly invaded by the scum of Ireland on far too regular a basis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

daz801 wrote: »

Not unless he has fully comp. Either way, he probably has an excess on the policy (usually around €100-250) & he's unemployed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

daz801 wrote: »

<sings> Autoglass repair, Autoglass replace

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

OTOH, I'd like to thank the Dublin scumbags who broke into my elderly aunt's car while we were at the match on Sunday and stole both her and my dad's bags containing their medication, and also every other out-of-town car on the street they parked on. My dad loves living in fear of a heart attack. Also in my dad's bag were his house keys, so now he has to change every lock in his home.

Thanks again, Dublin Scumbags.

kylith wrote: »
    OTOH, I'd like to thank the Dublin scumbags who broke into my elderly aunt's car while we were at the match on Sunday and stole both her and my dad's bags containing their medication, and also every other out-of-town car on the street they parked on. My dad loves living in fear of a heart attack. Also in my dad's bag were his house keys, so now he has to change every lock in his home.

A perfect solution to your dad's problem and my mate's: hold the culchie games down the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

No, it's not a bit much. I do actually wish they were dead. They're not contributing to any society or civilisation I'm aware of, p!ssing in people's gardens, throwing cans round the place, yelling till 4 in the morning and damaging the entire neighbourhood and property.
    I've been down on the day of a big match, and it was like having an Orange Parade outside your house for twelve hours straight. Penned into your own home while drunken louts make sh!te of your garden and your area. The doorbell going at 3 in the morning. Waking up to a garden full of rubbish (or excrement) and the car damaged. It's despicable.
    As for what county they were from, I neither know nor care. They're scum, plain and simple, wherever they came from. In my mate's experience, they're all as bad as each other.

OK that's pretty bad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,183 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I live outside the 'cordon' and we get these morons too.

Many of them seem to have an incontinence problem as in between 'aytin' deh sangwiches' from the boot of the car, they piss up against people's front doors.

An interesting fact is that this is a GAA problem - no such issue with rugby, soccer or concert fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

A perfect solution to your dad's problem and my mate's: hold the culchie games down the country.

A better solution would be to go Harry Brown on the scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

How do you know they were Dublin scumbags? Now don't get me wrong, we've got plenty of them to go round. Just curious. Was the bag in the boot or just left in view?

-Funk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

Simple issue:

a) We need a more visible law enforcement presence
    b) We need a more active law enforcement presence

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

Dublin is some ****hole.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I was promised all this crap would stop once they clamped down on the headshops...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Where did they park?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Yes, the GAA need to put a stop to playing games at 3 in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Which county were they from?

The dayshee county

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Yes, the GAA need to put a stop to playing games at 3 in the morning.

The GAA isn't the problem. (Well, apart from the many times they've reneged on agreements with the residents, that is.)
    The 'fans' are the problem. If they left the area and went home after games without hanging around for another twelve hours, vomiting, p!ssing and sh!ting in people's gardens, damaging their cars and roaring their drunken mulchie heads off till all hours, then there wouldn't be a problem.
    Instead, every big match day is apparently the last day of the existence of alcohol for these people, and they apparently absolutely MUST get so bladdered that public defecation and random destruction of anything within reach is considered the height of etiquette.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Burn down Quinns! That place is a shít hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭mecanoman

Its the mentality of the fans, "run amok in the big smoke lads".

Lived on Clonliffe Rd for years. Soon as sunday morning arrived

was out of there. Celebrating fans like nothing better than mashing

burgers in to car windows, jumpinp on them having the "craic".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

mikom wrote: »
    I was promised all this crap would stop once they clamped down on the headshops...........

who do you think the headshop owners sold their stock to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

flash1080 wrote: »
    Dublin is some ****hole.

After travelling around, then living in the UK for several years, then living in Limerick and then going to every town in Ireland with an Industrial estate/Business park for work I can categorically say that while some places have a nicer exterior or exciting/quaint etc feel, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

If you go around looking for negatives you'll find them. Bad shit happens sometimes. Everywhere. Get up, put one foot in front of the other and every now and then look up.

-Funk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Most of them are, but you wouldn't get a championship crowd into Semple Stadium.
    funk-you wrote: »
    How do you know they were Dublin scumbags? Now don't get me wrong, we've got plenty of them to go round. Just curious. Was the bag in the boot or just left in view?

-Funk
    I suppose I'm making an educated guess, I can't prove that they were from Dublin. The bags were in the boot, but they seriously damaged one of the doors to get in to the boot release button. The b'stards couldn't have broken a nice, easy to replace, window; they had to banjax the door.
    Where did they park?
    Fairview.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement