Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mindless drunken vandalism

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Lizzzard

You seem like a bigotted idiot.

You seem like one of the 'idiots' I was talking about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

alexmcred wrote: »
    They were trying to help make Croke park carbon neutral by insuring your friend couldn't drive his car.

if it were my car i'd have made the cnuts in question carbon-neutral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

You seem like a bigotted idiot.

you need to read up on what bigoted means. i'm sure you won't though, because the context in which you took that post suggests to me that you're one of our country cousins who has a chip on their shoulder with dubliners irrespective of the way they treat you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Gang of Gin

Lizzzard wrote: »
    You seem like one of the 'idiots' I was talking about

I have no affinity to the GAA or the people that you call idiots associated with it. I'm merely going on your spurious, baseless, ignorant remarks. Come along now, Dum-dums..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Gang of Gin

genericguy wrote: »
    you need to read up on what bigoted means. i'm sure you won't though, because the context in which you took that post suggests to me that you're one of our country cousins who has a chip on their shoulder with dubliners irrespective of the way they treat you.

Pardon the extra 't' there, but look, I don't think you know what you're talking about - the poster did infer in a derogatory way by the use of the word, which suggests an intolerance i.e. bigoted (you should look it up yourself if you're in anyway unsure of what it means)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Exodus 1811

And to non Dubliners, we should treat our country with respect no matter where you are in it, we're all Irish at the end of the day.
    It's like a scene from a cheap Spainish holiday in the Costa Del Sol the way some of the culchies carry on.

I think the same could be addressed to Dubliners aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Jordonvito

I despise this smiley>>>>>>>>>:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 42 eoin_mulhern

Jordonvito wrote: »
    I despise this smiley>>>>>>>>>:rolleyes:

you call that a smiley? this is a smiley :(

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Exodus 1811

genericguy wrote: »

First the dubs, now the people of the sex cauldron, dam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

you call that a smiley? this is a smiley :(

There's many prescription drugs available to fix that smiley... :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Curry chip

Lanaier wrote: »
    Interesting that so many peoples knee-jerk response is "Don't tar us all with the same brush!!!"....rather than concern for a citizen who is suffering from the bad behavior of drunks .
    I don't think OP ever suggested that all GAA fans are responsible, or maybe he did and I missed it.

The idea that he should have to move is ludicrous, or that he should have known this would happen.
    Basically your saying that everyone in the area should be fine with getting their stuff trashed, and they pretty much deserve it for living there. Old and young alike.
    Wonderful response.
    Or that if a poor family moves into an area with a high crime rate they deserve whats coming...or that if the number of rapes go up in a certain area then women who don't move can't complain when it happens.

In many defining moments throughout history there have been innocent people who perhaps should have "just moved" when scumbags came to their home.
    The not so distant history of Ireland included.

A human being has the right to protect himself from this behavior.
    I'm actually kind of taken aback reading all these responses.

Here Here!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

No, it's not a bit much. I do actually wish they were dead. They're not contributing to any society or civilisation I'm aware of, p!ssing in people's gardens, throwing cans round the place, yelling till 4 in the morning and damaging the entire neighbourhood and property.
    I've been down on the day of a big match, and it was like having an Orange Parade outside your house for twelve hours straight. Penned into your own home while drunken louts make sh!te of your garden and your area. The doorbell going at 3 in the morning. Waking up to a garden full of rubbish (or excrement) and the car damaged. It's despicable.
    As for what county they were from, I neither know nor care. They're scum, plain and simple, wherever they came from. In my mate's experience, they're all as bad as each other.
    Show me photographic evidence. It is my opioion that you have made this story up. Some anti-GAA or anti anyone outside of Dublin bile. I live near a GAA stadium which gets many big matches and have never notced any of this kind of carry on. Thousands of fans hanging around Drumcondra until four in the morning?? You have really not thought this tall tale through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

My view is that GAA fans as a whole are a bunch of idiots who can't control themselves for love nor money, be it Dubs, Cats, or where ever your from.

More sweeping generalising rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

dirtyden wrote: »
    Show me photographic evidence. It is my opioion that you have made this story up. Some anti-GAA or anti anyone outside of Dublin bile. I live near a GAA stadium which gets many big matches and have never notced any of this kind of carry on. Thousands of fans hanging around Drumcondra until four in the morning?? You have really not thought this tall tale through.

PM me. Come up to Dublin on match day. I'll meet you at midnight and offer you a beverage of your choice in my front room where you can have a ringside seat.
    Be warned, the show is X-rated and goes on for fcuking hours. Contains swearing, violence, and copious bodily fluids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Lanaier

So....it's been about 7 years since I lived in Ireland.

Is there really such an "us vs them" attitude between Dubs and everyone else?
    I always thought it was a bit of a joke.

Bear in mind that I've missed the recession... so has this just kind of sprung up since then or are these things simply magnified when in online forums?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

bigbadbear wrote: »
    After reading the first 40 posts on this thread I can only see ridiculous sweeping statements coming from all sides of this argument. The bottom line is stop moaning!! Everyone with a brain detests scumbags throwing stones at peoples cars but the only solution is to ban games in croker. Get the F*** over it!! anti gaa/anti 'bogger' /anti dubs comments are just small minded.

The gaa has better etiquette than soccer so please dont try and say there is some sort of sport specific trend that defines this kind of behaviour.

The bottom line is that scum are scum and they are in all different walks of life. Living near the largest sports arena in Ireland means you are more prone to be victim of this horrible behaviour and this will never change.

how come i never get trouble at any airtricity league or international match yet when i go to a dubs match theirs always a wannabe mancho cultchie thinking their the next mike tyson.

Explain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Ever see the tanked up muckers who wear the stringy wool bandana thing on their cowboy hats ?

Unreal.

Do they not have mirrors where they come from ?

Bear in mind that I've missed the recession... so has this just kind of sprung up since then or are these things simply magnified when in online forums?

The 'attitude' is between civilised people and those who think trashing other people's property and publicly defecating while drunk is acceptable behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭bm365

Has anyone else heard the story that has been leaked today?

Apparently Leaving Cert students all around the country celebrated with family meals at home. Supposedly, it was the GAA who pollutated the media with rumours of crazy antics students had planned as a smoke screen. Culchie GAA fans had organised a beers night in Dublin so the Association took early action to ensure students took the blame for all the damage that their fans would inevitably cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

I dont think the problem is just confined to Dublin, but obviously it happens alot more there. Speaking from my own experiences in Pairc ui Chaoimh, whenever tipp, clare or kerry come down the amount of backward boggers that i see is unbelievable. Iv seen mothers pissing on crowded streets, if you were to take a walk around after and see all the teabags up and down the road from them having their little picnics from the boot its crazy.

Its the groups of young fellas aswell, with their country hats and jerseys tucked into their cord trousers with brown loafers walking around as if it was their first time out of whatever craphole they came from, they get some shock when they realise that the Pairc is in the middle of the docklands, which can be scary enough in the day without a match, never mind when there is and every scummer from the area is looking for a quick score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

I used to live in apartments near croke park (rent is cheap what can I say). One big match day we looked outside to see someone breaking into a car that had been parked by someone watching the match. It was not a GAA fan it was a scumbag complete with his tracksuit uniform. On match days you would see drunk people pissing on cars which isn't nice but its mild.

Drink is no excuse for violence and vandalism. If you get aggressive when you drink you shouldn't drink. A friend of mine who was a nice guy sober was a bastard when he drank so he stopped drinking and now he is a nice guy all the time. He had no choice to stop as we made it clear we would not put up with him when he was drunk. People need to stop being tolerant of the behaviour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

mohawk wrote: »
    If you get aggressive when you drink you shouldn't drink.

Does not compute with 99.9% of Irish people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭jptk

A better solution would be to go Harry Brown on the scumbags.

Damn right.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭toxicity234

you put a large number of peoples anywhere at anytime and you'll get some idot who want to cause trouble.
    One idot compaired to 34000 nice people.
    pointless.

you put a large number of peoples anywhere at anytime and you'll get some idot who want to cause trouble.
    One idot compaired to 34000 nice people.
    pointless.

More like hundreds of idiots, every single time there is a big GAA match on.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭bigbadbear

There is no real malice but its there and people on this forum slagging bogger clothing are just gob****es or saying culchies are all backwards are either only winding people up or are Ross o Caroll Kelly's relations.

Same with Dublin jackeen stuff. It's there alright but not to the extent it looks on this thread
    Pdfile wrote: »
    how come i never get trouble at any airtricity league or international match yet when i go to a dubs match theirs always a wannabe mancho cultchie thinking their the next mike tyson.

Explain.

I suppose the rovers and bohs fans never throw kegs at each other:rolleyes:
    Pats fans never threw bottles into the away crowd:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Does not compute with 99.9% of Irish people.

You must be listening to joe duffy too much. The media is effectively running a propaganda campaign in favour of violence. (Which I personally believe is making the country more violent and more criminal)

Can you see the headline."TOWN ON FRIDAY HAD A SMALL MINORITY OF INCIDENTS AND THOUSANDS HAVE A GREAT NIGHT"

think about it
    More like hundreds of idiots, every single time there is a big GAA match on.
    Translation= "I hate Gaelic games and what they stand for"

Babelfish fail.
    What I said, I said in English. It has no subtext and needs no translation.
    Every time a big GAA game is on in Croker, my neighbourhood gets trashed, scumbags run amok till all hours, puking, fighting, screaming their heads off and wrecking property.
    You tell me, is that what gaelic games stand for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭mstan

Well he is British....

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭bigbadbear

h
    Babelfish fail.
    What I said, I said in English. It has no subtext and needs no translation.
    Every time a big GAA game is on in Croker, my neighbourhood gets trashed, scumbags run amok till all hours, puking, fighting, screaming their heads off and wrecking property.
    You tell me, is that what gaelic games stand for?

Definitely not. If you had any interest in the games you might not come out with sweeping statements like you are. There are no more scum in GAA than in FAI. To say so is misinformed.

I acknowledge there are certainly gob****e GAA supporters but i think everyone agrees they should be gotten rid of.

Gaelic football is the most popular sport in Ireland so obviously there is going to be alot of incidents around the country. Doesn't mean you can start going around tarring everyone with the same brush

• Advertisement

Definitely not. If you had any interest in the games you might not come out with sweeping statements like you are. There are no more scum in GAA than in FAI. To say so is misinformed.

You have no knowledge what I'm interested in. If you checked the gambling forum, you'd see I regularly bet on and show an interest in GAA games of both codes.
    My experience, and that of at least four other posters on this thread and ALL of my neighbours is that there is only trouble around Croker after GAA matches, not after soccer, not after rugby and not after concerts.
    Are we ALL lying? Are we ALL Gaa-haters? No, we're not. But a good way to inspire hatred is to keep trashing our homes and then denying it happens. It happens EVERY TIME.
    I acknowledge there are certainly gob****e GAA supporters but i think everyone agrees they should be gotten rid of.

That's not true. Everyone DOESN'T agree they should be 'gotten rid of.' There are hundreds making sh!te of Drumcondra after every game. They clearly don't agree, because they keep doing it. Their mates clearly don't agree, because they let them away with it. There are posters on this thread who don't agree, because they admit to sh!tting in people's gardens and reckon my mate deserves to have his car trashed just for parking outside his front door.
    Some people think it's their RIGHT to vandalise, vomit, puke and scream till all hours. Others seem to care much more about their collective reputation than they do about correcting the atrocious behaviour of those people who let all of you down.
    Gaelic football is the most popular sport in Ireland so obviously there is going to be alot of incidents around the country. Doesn't mean you can start going around tarring everyone with the same brush

We're so over the tarbrush BS. The FACT is that GAA supporters treat my area as their playground, trash heap, toilet and riot ground every fortnight, half the year.
    When are YOU GAA FANS going to stop this from occuring?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement