Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mindless drunken vandalism

167891012»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭muffy

God ye GAA folk are very sensitive... say anything negative about the GAA and or those affiliated with it and its "OOO you hate the GAA/You are anti GAA"... relax lads.

I avoid Drumcondra on match days, I hate the traffic and the people strolling in front of my car, use the pedestrian lights please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭AAAAAAAHHH

YOU GAA fans come into MY neighbourhood all the time, and treat it like a sh!theap.
    Those who don't like being called scumbags for the scumbag behaviour that occurs EVERY SINGLE TIME there is a big GAA match at Croker can only change that perception by eradicating the behaviour.
    STOP your mates from 'having de craic' jumping on cars, sh!tting in gardens and screaming till all hours. TAKE THEM HOME AFTER THE GAME.
    It is absolutely the responsibility of GAA fans to sort this out, because it is a problem uniquely caused by people in GAA shirts, on the nights of big GAA games. This problem doesn't happen after soccer or rugby games or concerts. It happens after GAA games, and it happens ALL THE TIME, EVERY TIME.
    Quit whining about your reputation. If you want to improve it, implement a zero tolerance policy for such scumbag behaviour.
    GO HOME after games, or if you absolutely must stay in my neighbourhood, then treat it with respect and insist that everyone else does likewise.
    DON'T sh!t in people's gardens or p!ss all over the road. DON'T drink on the street, shouting your head off till all hours. DON'T throw your rubbish all over the place. DON'T vandalise vehicles or property.
    DO go home after games, or take your carousing to somewhere built for it, like the city centre that's only a few minutes walk away.
    DO be quiet. DO respect that it is a residential area.

They wear your shirts. They drink with you. They come to the games with you.
    As locals, we have no way of telling one from another. We get invaded on a fortnightly basis, and while most of the people are merely rowdy and raucous and litter, a minority take it that bit further, behaving like utter animals.
    You should have seen my mate when he saw his car. He was still crying, and I mean shedding tears, when I found him. He's fecking unemployed and that was his one asset, that he hoped to sell to keep his family above the breadline, destroyed by someone in one of YOUR shirts, watching YOUR game.
    If you don't like being tarred with a brush then do something about it. Take you and everyone with you out of my area after games and drink in the city centre. Intervene when you see a GAA 'fan' treating my area with anything other than respect for the residential neighbourhood of families and elderly people that it is.

Whinge ****ing whinge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I hope this thread has changed a few minds in the football/hurling crowds.
    We'll stop here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement