Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mindless drunken vandalism

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭manlad

Those who say Dublin is a ****hole are people who have never lived there or culchies that head up once a year. I've lived in Drumcondra now for 3 years and most trouble I've had has been on match days when ppl from other counties hit the big smoke thinking they run the place just because their county has came through sum ****ty qualifier. Yeh you might have the odd car broken into but this happens everywere. The gardai don't supervise the area enough before and after games. I had some drunken waterford louts get sick all over my doorstep last night and they think cos their in Dublin that sort of thing is condonable. I wish they wouldcome up watch their match and feck off home to wherever they came from. The area around croke park is for the majority full of families and older people and this sh*t every weekend of the summer is starting to piss a lot of ppl off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

orourkeda wrote: »
    who do you think the headshop owners sold their stock to.

But... but... that wasn't part of the plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

kylith wrote: »
    Most of them are, but you wouldn't get a championship crowd into Semple Stadium.

So what? They televise the games, don't they? Why should the same small neighbourhood have to put up with this scumbag behaviour for half the year? Let's share the 'love' around.
    I suppose I'm making an educated guess, I can't prove that they were from Dublin. The bags were in the boot, but they seriously damaged one of the doors to get in to the boot release button. The b'stards couldn't have broken a nice, easy to replace, window; they had to banjax the door.

Fairview.

Odd for Fairview. Would make more sense closer to Ballybough. Plus wrenching a door takes a whack of time.
    I'm not quite calling shenanigans on this story, but given the amount of Gardai in the vicinity of Croker DURING games (and their subsequent disappearing act when games are over) I'm perplexed how someone would have had the time to commit that damage in a heavily policed area during daytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Clemon

I think he desreved it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

flash1080 wrote: »
    Dublin is some ****hole.

The irony here is that if you go into the country side, it literally smells of shit, and there is shit everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Its just a reflection on our society. We tolerate drink and drunken behaviour as a society, why do you think theres a pub on every corner ?
    Then we ban drugs and headshops like we are on a moral crusade, just cause there are not taxable, pathetic really

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Its just a reflection on our society. We tolerate drink and drunken behaviour as a society, why do you think theres a pub on every corner ?

That's never a problem in these places until the muckers get their big day out in civilization and decide the make a show of themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Nice to see this thread turn in a jackeens v culchies ****fest.
    orourkeda wrote: »
    The dayshee county

Seeing as you witnessed this what did you do about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

See, that's the thing, it's not tolerated. The majority of the population would see this kind of behaviour as scummy, unnecessary and needing to be addressed.

That's never a problem in these places until the muckers get their big day out in civilization and decide the make a show of themselves.

I'll just leave this here.....

• Advertisement

Take it to your own thread, thanks.
    This one is about mindless drunken vandalism in the Drumcondra area on big GAA days. If you want to discuss football hooligans fighting each other, that's another topic entirely. Having lived in Phibsboro, though, I can tell you that Evening Herald headlines are greatly exaggerated. And I've no problem with scumbags smacking the head off each other, so long as they aren't destroying the property of those living in the area.

This one is about mindless drunken vandalism in the Drumcondra area on big GAA days. If you want to discuss football hooligans fighting each other, that's another topic entirely.

You might want to move it to the Dublin or Gaa fora so......... now that you are moderating.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

mikom wrote: »

Raise

This one is about mindless drunken vandalism in the Drumcondra area on big GAA days. If you want to discuss football hooligans fighting each other, that's another topic entirely. Having lived in Phibsboro, though, I can tell you that Evening Herald headlines are greatly exaggerated. And I've no problem with scumbags smacking the head off each other, so long as they aren't destroying the property of those living in the area.

I don't see a problem with highlighting that knackers come from all parts of the country. Why should you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Quick response by the garda

I can't accept that..........Unless ridin' hippos is a sport.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I don't see a problem with highlighting that knackers come from all parts of the country. Why should you?

It's off-topic. I'd rather not have my thread derailed into a free-for-all about scumbaggery across the world, or we'll have youtube videos of Taliban beheadings in here next.
    The topic is clear and straightforward. Please try to stick to it. If other topics are of interest, you can open your own thread on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Like I needed more reminding as to why I'm sometimes ashamed to be Irish (let alone a Dub!).

Loved it when the guards showed up (in force by bejaysus!) and it didn't change one f*cking thing! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

The GAA isn't the problem. (Well, apart from the many times they've reneged on agreements with the residents, that is.)
    The 'fans' are the problem. If they left the area and went home after games without hanging around for another twelve hours, vomiting, p!ssing and sh!ting in people's gardens, damaging their cars and roaring their drunken mulchie heads off till all hours, then there wouldn't be a problem.
    Instead, every big match day is apparently the last day of the existence of alcohol for these people, and they apparently absolutely MUST get so bladdered that public defecation and random destruction of anything within reach is considered the height of etiquette.

Wait til the students come back to Quinns, you'll be wishing the GAA was still on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

So theres never any drink problems in Dublin until people from the country come. Are you being serious ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Seriously though, i'm from Kilkenny and i have to say that GAA fans are complete scumbags. They'd nearly spit on you if you said you had no interest in either Bogball or Stickbogball.

The amount of cases of refs and players etc. being assaulted at club games around the country is shameful. Guess that what happens when you get a load of boozed up farmers working themselves into a frenzy over an amatuer game.

I feel bad for the guy that got his car wrecked because i've even seen it down here after big games. They people are the 'alright-bud'-Anto's of the rural areas of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

So what? They televise the games, don't they? Why should the same small neighbourhood have to put up with this scumbag behaviour for half the year? Let's share the 'love' around.
    As others have said, Croke park has been there for a very long time; ye knew what it was like when ye moved in. I do feel sorry for anyone who's property gets vandalised, it's the vast minority of the crowd and it lets us all down.

Odd for Fairview. Would make more sense closer to Ballybough. Plus wrenching a door takes a whack of time.
    I'm not quite calling shenanigans on this story, but given the amount of Gardai in the vicinity of Croker DURING games (and their subsequent disappearing act when games are over) I'm perplexed how someone would have had the time to commit that damage in a heavily policed area during daytime.
    The cops went down the road when they were parking, so they thought it'd be grand, but I don't know what their presence in the area was like during the match.

And it's the vast minority of scumbags who give everyone a bad name on that front too.

kfallon wrote: »
    Wait til the students come back to Quinns, you'll be wishing the GAA was still on!

I don't think the students ever leave, tbh. Plenty of them in there many's a weekday evening. The same noise levels as the GAA-heads, but less p!ssing in gardens or random acts of vandalism, however.
    I'm not in the vicinity of that boozer so I don't get to suffer like those in its immediate hinterland do. If I was, I'd probably consider investing in a sniper turret!

It's off-topic. I'd rather not have my thread derailed into a free-for-all about scumbaggery across the world, or we'll have youtube videos of Taliban beheadings in here next.
    The topic is clear and straightforward. Please try to stick to it. If other topics are of interest, you can open your own thread on them.

Your thread derailed from the topic at hand a long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Exodus 1811

And dont get me started on them romanians...

As others have said, Croke park has been there for a very long time; ye knew what it was like when ye moved in. I do feel sorry for anyone who's property gets vandalised, it's the vast minority of the crowd and it lets us all down.

Confused.
    Croke Park existed for a hundred years, therefore residents should just stfu and put up with their property being destroyed, shouting till all hours outside their doors and cleaning up the p!ss, sh!te, rubbish and vomit out of their gardens, doorways and paths?
    Are you suggesting that GAA games at Croker have ALWAYS led to such behaviour? Because that would suggest a ban on the association was in order.
    If not, I fail to see how you can berate residents who want to live in their community, near where their kids go to school, their workplaces and the city centre.

The cops went down the road when they were parking, so they thought it'd be grand, but I don't know what their presence in the area was like during the match.

And it's the vast minority of scumbags who give everyone a bad name on that front too.

The Garda presence from an hour before games until the traffic clears afterwards is enormous. Then they vanish. Then the culchies get drunk and the 'fun' begins.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭mjquinno

Dublin plays GAA as well - quite good at it also.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Exodus 1811

The Garda presence from an hour before games until the traffic clears afterwards is enormous. Then they vanish. Then the culchies get drunk and the 'fun' begins.
    Well its better than shooting up heroin like the dubs.. /ignorant stereotyping

mjquinno wrote: »
    Dublin plays GAA as well - quite good at it also.

Yup. And they go home after games and do their boozing in their own areas. As, in fairness, do a lot of the Northerners, and those from the likes of Kerry or Donegal (long drive home, presumably.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

i blame northsiders....always trouble.....wouldnt get this behaviour in lovely Tallaght, never :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement