Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mindless drunken vandalism

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Well its better than shooting up heroin like the dubs.. /ignorant stereotyping

http://www.examiner.ie/ireland/survey-sharp-rise-in-heroin-use-in-midlands-120567.html

Stereotype fail.
    Seriously, if you want to discuss Dublin junkie scumbaggery, there's no end of threads on that already.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Exodus 1811

http://www.examiner.ie/ireland/survey-sharp-rise-in-heroin-use-in-midlands-120567.html

Stereotype fail.
    Seriously, if you want to discuss Dublin junkie scumbaggery, there's no end of threads on that already.

This wouldnt have to do with the large amount of people from dublin moving to the country would it. It might, and it mightnt. My ignorant stereotype was meant to be exactly that, ignorant, as is yours about "culchies".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Stereotype fail.

I agree
    OP was about a group of drunken culchies after a GAA match
    Now, what do you think made them violent ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Culchies

I have a strong dislike for that word, when it's used to describe any person that lives outside the pale. Can you try not to use it like that please? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Did he actually see it happening? When you get 60,000+ people together of course some of them will be scumbags. However any around at 3a.m. plus on a Sunday night would more likely be "culchies" already living in Dublin I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭mjquinno

Yup. And they go home after games and do their boozing in their own areas. As, in fairness, do a lot of the Northerners, and those from the likes of Kerry or Donegal (long drive home, presumably.)

With that logic therefore the following counties do not pose any problem?

Cork
    Kerry
    Clare
    Galway
    Mayo
    Sligo
    Donegal
    northern counties

This wouldnt have to do with the large amount of people from dublin moving to the country would it.

Nope. Not a commuter belt phenomenon.
    It might, and it mightnt. My ignorant stereotype was meant to be exactly that, ignorant, as is yours about "culchies".

It's simply fact. I'm happy to call them rural residents of Ireland if you prefer, but that's simply more wordy and they don't deserve to be aggrandised in that fashion, as that tars all rural residents with the same brush.
    These people come up to Dublin for de match, ayte de sangwiches, cheer on de lads, skull de pints and then trash de area. They're culchies at their worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

I have a strong dislike for that word, when it's used to describe any person that lives outside the pale. Can you try not to use it like that please? Thanks

I agree.
    The official term is 'Muck Savage'

mjquinno wrote: »
    With that logic therefore the following counties do not pose any problem?

Cork
    Kerry
    Clare
    Galway
    Mayo
    Sligo
    Donegal
    northern counties

I could take a poll of the area if you like. But in my anecdotal experience (being further away from the heart of darkness), there is less hassle from the likes of Cork, Kerry, Donegal and the North, yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

flash1080 wrote: »
    Dublin is some ****hole.

where pray tell, is your good self from?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

being further away from the heart of darkness

I've seen horrors... horrors that you've seen.
    But you have no right to call me a culchie.
    You have a right to kill me.
    You have a right to do that... but you have no right to judge me.
    It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means.
    Horror... Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror.
    Horror and moral terror are your friends.
    If they are not, then they are enemies to be feared...... They are truly enemies!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The problem is not Croke Park, the problem is a sizeable minority of GAA fans.
    Other sports and events do not bring the same problems.

mikom wrote: »
    I'll just leave this here.....

eh.... thats right....all those fans are dubs....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Large Stadia should only be allow to be built in large open areas away from the city centre (eg Berlins Olympicstadion). The redevelopment of Croker and Lansdowne should never have been allowed in situ. Both organisations should have been told to sell-up and move out to the M50 where they could build suitable proper stadia without having to waste so much of taxpayers money.

However, sports "fans" in this country complain about inconvenient ideas like that. But that's only because deep down they're more interested in the occasion & in getting to the pub than the sporting event itself.

So theres never any drink problems in Dublin until people from the country come. Are you being serious ?

so what he's claiming isn't true?...Are you being serious?

spurious wrote: »
    The problem is not Croke Park, the problem is a sizeable minority of GAA fans.
    Other sports and events do not bring the same problems.

This is the universal experience of the residents in the area, my own included. The soccer fans hung around a bit, few pints, off home. The rugby fans were gone within an hour. Concert goers, a few will hang about but most head into the city centre.
    Only a minority of GAA supporters feel the irrepressible need to get hammered and destroy the area for hours on end.

mikom wrote: »
    I've seen horrors... horrors that you've seen.
    But you have no right to call me a culchie.
    You have a right to kill me.
    You have a right to do that... but you have no right to judge me.
    It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means.
    Horror... Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror.
    Horror and moral terror are your friends.
    If they are not, then they are enemies to be feared...... They are truly enemies!

clever.:rolleyes:

yet another attempt @ thread spoiling.

Nope. Not a commuter belt phenomenon.

It's simply fact. I'm happy to call them rural residents of Ireland if you prefer, but that's simply more wordy and they don't deserve to be aggrandised in that fashion, as that tars all rural residents with the same brush.
    These people come up to Dublin for de match, ayte de sangwiches, cheer on de lads, skull de pints and then trash de area. They're culchies at their worst.

My area has a large influx of dubs. And they dont fit into the commuter band , they fit into the "Hawly Jaysus" band. I think you've dont a great job of tarring the rural residents of ireland with the same brush to be honest

My area has a large influx of dubs. And they dont fit into the commuter band , they fit into the "Hawly Jaysus" band. I think you've dont a great job of tarring the rural residents of ireland with the same brush to be honest

Q.E.D.

thats gotta win post of the Day.

• Advertisement

My area has a large influx of dubs. And they dont fit into the commuter band , they fit into the "Hawly Jaysus" band.

Can you book them for weddings?
    I think you've dont a great job of tarring the rural residents of ireland with the same brush to be honest

I've repeatedly stated that every time there is a big GAA game, usually but not exclusively involving two teams from down the country (though not usually from the island's extremities), it ends up with the neighbourhood being trashed by drunken GAA supporting scumbags.
    That's a pretty well-defined cohort of people, and hardly tarring the entirety of rural dwellers with the same brush.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

this thread is about slaggin culchies (or rural country dwellers as the OP so diplomatically defines said name...like there are no urban areas outside Dublin :rolleyes:)

leave me out - for the same reason i'll never start a thread for the sole purpose of ranting about Dubs...i dont have a chip on my shoulder, i dont resort to sterotypes and i'm educated enough to know that you can't tar everyone with the same brush just cause they're all congregating in the same area wearing the same coloured clothes.

OP...stop with the ranting, it's worn

thebullkf wrote: »
    Q.E.D.

thats gotta win post of the Day.

I refer you to post #59 .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

so what he's claiming isn't true?...Are you being serious?

wtf?

Anyway, turning this into a Culchie vs Dub slagging match is pretty sado
    Dont sell idiots copious amount of Alcohol , might help maybe ?

So, any chance of answering if he actually saw who did it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

clever.:rolleyes:

yet another attempt @ thread spoiling.

I refer you to post #43.......... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67483088&postcount=43

Can you book them for weddings?

No, but if they dont stop vandalising my property, "Oi'm goin' te be rayyylly mad oi am.."

this thread is about slaggin culchies (or rural country dwellers as the OP so diplomatically defines said name...like there are no urban areas outside Dublin :rolleyes:)

leave me out - for the same reason i'll never start a thread for the sole purpose of ranting about Dubs...i dont have a chip on my shoulder, i dont resort to sterotypes and i'm educated enough to know that you can't tar everyone with the same brush just cause they're all congregating in the same area wearing the same coloured clothes.

OP...stop with the ranting, it's worn

BS from start to finish.
    This thread is about objecting to the trashing of Drumcondra EVERY SINGLE TIME there is a big GAA match on at Croker, due to the scumbag drunken behaviour of idiots up in the city for the day who drink themselves out of their minds and treat the place as a toilet, trash bin and playground to destroy.
    I'm not interested in anyone's stereotypes, as I've repeatedly said. I'm interested in GAA fans either fecking off home after games, or else behaving like civilised human beings in other peoples' place of residence.

due to the scumbag drunken behaviour of idiots up in the city for the day who drink themselves out of their minds and treat the place as a toilet, trash bin and playground to destroy

You do know that Dublin were playing the opening match yesterday right?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Trouble only comes from those not living in the likes of Cork, Kerry, Donegal and the North. You really are doing a great job at trolling the savages from down the sticks.

From which county were these GAA bog supporters from? The ones that were seen destroying Drumcondra last night.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement