Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mindless drunken vandalism

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

toiletduck wrote: »
    So, any chance of answering if he actually saw who did it?

If he'd seen them doing it, they'd be in the Mater hospital on life support right now.
    I was down the road around 1am last night, and the only people out were either foreigners heading home (from work, presumably) or else drunk mongs in GAA shirts.
    Oddly enough, of the four times he's had his car trashed in the past year, every single time occurred on the Sunday night after a GAA match, never during the winter, never on a Saturday night when the area's packed with students.
    The odds are heavily stacked in favour of it being drunken GAA supporters.
    Speaking personally, the last time Kilkenny were up in Croker, I decided to leg it to the shops at half-time to be confronted by some pr!ck in the gold and black shirt taking his lad out for a slash in my front garden. I grabbed some scissors from the bookshelf and that seemed to discourage him.
    I never have to spend an hour clearing burgers, cans and sh!te (I mean that literally) from my garden after soccer games, rugby games or concerts. It's only ever after big GAA matches.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Trouble only comes from those not living in the likes of Cork, Kerry, Donegal and the North. You really are doing a great job at trolling the savages from down the sticks.

The Nordies are rowdy too. You can hear the accents. I'm not suggesting any one county are angels.
    But they don't tend to be up in town when the cars are vandalised.

You do know that Dublin were playing the opening match yesterday right?

You wouldn't have known that if you were going through Drumcondra any time after six.
    Because. They. Go. Home. Afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

The Nordies are rowdy too. You can hear the accents. I'm not suggesting any one county are angels.
    But they don't tend to be up in town when the cars are vandalised.

You must be a great help to the Gardaí as you are an eye witness to the destruction caused by the uncivillised savages on this island

• Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

BS from start to finish.
    This thread is about objecting to the trashing of Drumcondra EVERY SINGLE TIME there is a big GAA match on at Croker, due to the scumbag drunken behaviour of idiots up in the city for the day who drink themselves out of their minds and treat the place as a toilet, trash bin and playground to destroy.
    I'm not interested in anyone's stereotypes, as I've repeatedly said. I'm interested in GAA fans either fecking off home after games, or else behaving like civilised human beings in other peoples' place of residence.

But they can't help being a bunch of inbred yokels, it's a chronic disease.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

BS from start to finish.
    This thread is about objecting to the trashing of Drumcondra EVERY SINGLE TIME there is a big GAA match on at Croker, due to the scumbag drunken behaviour of idiots up in the city for the day who drink themselves out of their minds and treat the place as a toilet, trash bin and playground to destroy.
    I'm not interested in anyone's stereotypes, as I've repeatedly said. I'm interested in GAA fans either fecking off home after games, or else behaving like civilised human beings in other peoples' place of residence.

BS yeah? fairly pointed statement...maybe you could - in your infinite wisdom - explain which part i bull-s'hitted you about?

it's an 80,000 capacity stadium in the middle of the city of Dublin with pubs nearby (which are the areas i'm assuming you're refering to). as far as i'm concerned enough said. you cant paint a feckin zebra and call it a horse. you're gonna have an element in every crowd of 80k that's not so nice - but every crowd of that size will cause some element of trouble.

start a campaign to get the pubs closed and for the gaurds to make it policy to move people from the area - no use just using it as a reason to tar the millions of people from outside Dublin with the one brush ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

You wouldn't have known that if you were going through Drumcondra any time after six.
    Because. They. Go. Home. Afterwards.

lol. Its quite a turn up when Dubs go home early and quietly and country people are rowdy and stay out all night

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    You must be a great help to the Gardaí as you are an eye witness to the destruction caused by the uncivillised savages on this island

Like they do anything. Like they're even there after matches!
    Last time I was coming home from work late, and a GAA match had been on, I witnessed one lad coldcock another in the middle of Drumcondra Road. He knocked the lad completely out. Cue plenty of squealing from girls in GAA tops. I sat in the car and called the plod. They took 15 minutes to arrive, I gave a statement, told them which way the culprit had ran in. They didn't even bother going to check. Instead, they just radioed the ambulance and fecked off again.
    The Gardai are only in the area for a few hours from before the game to when the traffic departs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Right, so you don't actually know who did it. Good.

I'm not defending what happened. Whomever did it was a scumbag. Turning it into a "culchie" bashing thread is ridiculous though.

Funnily enough I have witnessed people from Dublin doing unsavoury things too. Does this mean that everyone from Dublin is an absolute scrote? Of course not. Cop on to yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Like they do anything.

You're right, a thread on boards is much more effective.
    Maybe you could go the whole hog and draft in the riot squad known as the facebook group.

BS yeah? fairly pointed statement...maybe you could - in your infinite wisdom - explain which part i bull-s'hitted you about?

it's an 80,000 capacity stadium in the middle of the city of Dublin with pubs nearby (which are the areas i'm assuming you're refering to). as far as i'm concerned enough said. you cant paint a feckin zebra and call it a horse. you're gonna have an element in every crowd of 80k that's not so nice - but every crowd of that size will cause some element of trouble.

start a campaign to get the pubs closed and for the gaurds to make it policy to move people from the area - no use just using it as a reason to tar the millions of people from outside Dublin with the one brush ffs.

Enough of your tar and your brush. If you can't comprehend, after me saying so umpteen times, that I'm referring to GAA supporters from rural counties who hang around Drumcondra getting lathered on drink to the point where they think it's okay to destroy other people's property, then you have a problem with the English language.

Right, so you don't actually know who did it. Good.

I'm not defending what happened. Whomever did it was a scumbag. Turning it into a "culchie" bashing thread is ridiculous though.

I didn't. I've been trying repeatedly to keep the thread on-topic.
    To repeat for slow learners: the topic is mindless drunken vandalism conducted by GAA supporters in Drumcondra after matches. Discuss:

If he'd seen them doing it, they'd be in the Mater hospital on life support right now.

the only people out were either foreigners heading home (from work, presumably) or else drunk mongs in GAA shirts.

I grabbed some scissors from the bookshelf and that seemed to discourage him.

"jaysus lads, oi almost bleedin jibbed the f'cuker so i did, the useless country b'astard. wont never catch me havin a slash in someones bushes. no bleedn way anto. sure damos only outta the joy, if he found yer man he'd be back in in da mornin"

yep. culchies are sandwich eating mongs. the dubs are dodgy scumbags. i have this correct...dont I? :o

To repeat for slow learners:the topic is mindless drunken vandalism conducted by GAA supporters in Drumcondra after matches. Discuss:

Oh leave it out :rolleyes: I thought this thread was about an act of vandalism, that wasn't witnessed...

I'd try and see if there's any correlation between violence/vandalism for matches in Croker and those in Parnell stadium during the league (when country types do also be up shocker!). Or even other stadiums across the country. If not...

To repeat for slow learners: the topic is mindless drunken vandalism conducted by GAA supporters culchies in Drumcondra after matches. Discuss:

fixed that there now

mikom wrote: »
    You're right, a thread on boards is much more effective.
    Maybe you could go the whole hog and draft in the riot squad known as the facebook group.

I believe in the power of communication. Since the authorities fail to address the problem, I felt that by spreading word about just how badly the Drumcondra area, not to mention the lives of those living there, is affected by the poor behaviour of a sizeable number of GAA fans, that it might in some small way make the many GAA people who read boards.ie think twice the next time they are in the capital for a game.
    Perhaps they might recall this thread and suggest to their scumbag pals that it wouldn't be 'great craic' to destroy the car parked near where they're drinking on the street, since it might belong to some poor soul who's on the breadline trying to keep his family going in a recession, who can't afford to pay to fix the damage they cause.

Oh leave it out :rolleyes: I thought this thread was about an act of vandalism, that wasn't witnessed...

I'd try and see if there's any correlation between violence/vandalism for matches in Croker and those in Parnell stadium during the league (when country types do also be up shocker!). Or even other stadiums across the country. If not...

We've already heard the lad from KK on the thread say it happens when there are big games in his neck of the woods too. I've an ex who lives near Semple who has all the same complaints too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I believe in the power of communication.
    I felt that by spreading word about just how badly the Drumcondra area, not to mention the lives of those living there, is affected by the poor behaviour of a sizeable number of GAA fans, that it might in some small way make the many GAA people who read boards.ie think twice the next time they are in the capital for a game.

You made a very poor hand of it in fairness.
    Some might say you even added fuel to the fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

Lousy mud slinging bum burglers. Get a gun and shoot them next time. Boards doesn't solve all problems. It solves most, but not all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭wobbles-grogan

In all fairness, the GAA were at fault for building croke park where it is. back in the day it was fine. Now it is not. It should be out close to the M50 with easy access to and from the city, and to and from the rest of the country. Then people who wanna stay round dublin go to the city center where it can handle the crowds or go home. Easy peasy.

Ah, to be in a idyllic world huh?

To repeat for slow learners: the topic is mindless drunken vandalism conducted by GAA supporters in Drumcondra after matches. Discuss:

I thought you didnt see who did it. Is there a chance it wasnt done by these people ?

No, a world where so-called sports fans were able to behave like civilised human beings, or where they took their anti-social behaviour back to where they came from, would suffice.

We've already heard the lad from KK on the thread say it happens when there are big games in his neck of the woods too. I've an ex who lives near Semple who has all the same complaints too.

I live near a stadium. Have no complaints at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Exodus 1811

No, a world where so-called sports fans were able to behave like civilised human beings, or where they took their anti-social behaviour back to where they came from, would suffice.

Otherwise feel the wrath of weapon wielding locals

I thought you didnt see who did it. Is there a chance it wasnt done by these people ?

Frankly, no. Because no one else was there. At that time of night, the only people on the Drumcondra Road are traffic or GAA drunks. Everyone else has long since left, and the residents are either in bed fuming or else had the sense to take a holiday.
    Unless perhaps, some irate Aircoach driver, infuriated by his long working hours and repetitive route, decided to vent his anger on the nearest parked car with a handful of stones he happened to have in his pocket.

I believe in the power of communication. Since the authorities fail to address the problem, I felt that by spreading word about just how badly the Drumcondra area, not to mention the lives of those living there, is affected by the poor behaviour of a sizeable number of GAA fans, that it might in some small way make the many GAA people who read boards.ie think twice the next time they are in the capital for a game.
    Perhaps they might recall this thread and suggest to their scumbag pals that it wouldn't be 'great craic' to destroy the car parked near where they're drinking on the street, since it might belong to some poor soul who's on the breadline trying to keep his family going in a recession, who can't afford to pay to fix the damage they cause.

tip: refine your powers of communication. GAA dont like people who refer to all inhabitants outside dublin as culchies and their supporters as scumbags...

i cant understand why your careful diplomacy is not showing immediate results. i would have thought you'd had a representative from them onto you already to discuss the issue prior to the final stages of the championship - thats when the fun REALLY begins :D

Frankly, no. Because no one else was there.

And how exactly can you know this if you didn't see it?

Frankly, no. Because no one else was there. At that time of night, the only people on the Drumcondra Road are traffic or GAA drunks. Everyone else has long since left, and the residents are either in bed fuming or else had the sense to take a holiday.
    Unless perhaps, some irate Aircoach driver, infuriated by his long working hours and repetitive route, decided to vent his anger on the nearest parked car with a handful of stones he happened to have in his pocket.

It must be a nightmare living down there to be honest
    who rang your doorbell at 3am ?

• Advertisement

tip: refine your powers of communication. GAA dont like people who refer to all inhabitants outside dublin as culchies and their supporters as scumbags...

i cant understand why your careful diplomacy is not showing immediate results. i would have thought you'd had a representative from them onto you already to discuss the issue prior to the final stages of the championship - thats when the fun REALLY begins :D

Fascinating to see you describe mindless drunken vandalism as 'fun'. Perhaps you might feel differently if it was YOUR neighbourhood.
    As a resident said on this thread, tempers are running high locally. The GAA might easily find itself on the receiving end of another protest akin to the one that met the U2 concert if they do not deal with their supporters coming into the area and p!ssing, vomiting, sh!ting and trashing property.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement