Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mindless drunken vandalism

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Could they not close the pubs in and around Croker after the game?. No booze, no drunk GAA supporters , simples ;)

They drink on the train/bus/car on the way up.

It's seen as a big day out drinking for a lot of country folk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭carefulnow100

jordan.. wrote: »
    Why should the publican close up shop. These wild hillybillys would get locked one way or another!

I have to say now I feel extremly embarrassed for you reading your post. I wasnt going to waste time in even replying to your message but I feel I have too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

They drink on the train/bus/car on the way up.

It's seen as a big day out drinking for a lot of country folk.

True. I've often been going for the papers on Sunday morning and seen the first few arrivals in the area already totally bladdered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭blogga

Superbus wrote: »
    See, that's the thing, it's not tolerated. The majority of the population would see this kind of behaviour as scummy, unnecessary and needing to be addressed.

I amn't sure anymore. I think the majority want dirt cheap drink and drunkeness. I think the majority want all the nonsense that goes on because they won't accept that to stop this there would have to be fundamental changes in policing, court sentencing, prison time served, pub opening hours. I am afraid that the majority views is "oh don't park there, oh clean it up, oh its only one weekend, oh they cant help it, oh they're from a (disadvantaged / too rich) background, oh it's not that serious." Most Irish people either tacitly or openly approve of and celebrate drunkeness.

yes but if you and your community go out, with notice to the garda of course, and protest with signs at the door after the match people would not go into the pub, and if they did they would be in alot less numbers

There have been innumerable protests in the past. There's a sign up on one of the roads which says something like 'Be Quiet Think of the Residents' and underneath is a sticker saying 'Be a Resident Be Ignored.' That's the truth of the matter. There is no will among the Gardai or GAA to address this problem.
    The only way things will change is when GAA fans start thinking of the vicinity of Croke Park as peoples' homes and not as their vandalism playground to puke, p!ss and trash.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

blogga wrote: »
    I amn't sure anymore. I think the majority want dirt cheap drink and drunkeness. I think the majority want all the nonsense that goes on because they won't accept that to stop this there would have to be fundamental changes in policing, court sentencing, prison time served, pub opening hours. I am afraid that the majority views is "oh don't park there, oh clean it up, oh its only one weekend, oh they cant help it, oh they're from a (disadvantaged / too rich) background, oh it's not that serious." Most Irish people either tacitly or openly approve of and celebrate drunkeness.

This

blogga wrote: »

What you're describing is the 'ah shoore it'll be grand' aspect of this country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Thats what happens when you combine excessive drinking with mob mentality.

The outcome is people being uncharacteristically brave/hard. Folks who only act tough in groups or when they're pissed are the biggest cowards out there. You know the guys that walk around like there toughguys because theres about 10 of them in a big herd. And the same lads wouldn't say a word to anybody when there on there own.

Irelands riddled with them unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭thebullkf

mikom wrote: »

and.

so.

??

you want him to move it to the GAA forum.. is that it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

If I promise to keep our GAA fans here in Kilkenny, will you promise not to send your trashy, trampy, drunken hens and stags down here, every and every weekend, making the Marble City look like Trailer Park Central?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Could they not close the pubs in and around Croker after the game?. No booze, no drunk GAA supporters , simples ;)

because its worth faaaaarrrrrrr to much money to them, plus its a minority that are causing the problem, i have been in an absolutly bursting point 'quinns', 'the big tree' and a few other pubs around croker on match days and have not encountered any problems, but yes, i do agree, get some of these indivuals on their own and they wouldn't say boo to you.

If I promise to keep our GAA fans here in Kilkenny, will you promise not to send your trashy, trampy, drunken hens and stags down here, every and every weekend, making the Marble City look like Trailer Park Central?

To be fair, our own knackerish young ones and fellas from Thomastown, Callan, 'Comer and every other rural townland in the county contribute a good bit to that :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

BS from start to finish.
    This thread is about objecting to the trashing of Drumcondra EVERY SINGLE TIME there is a big GAA match on at Croker, due to the scumbag drunken behaviour of idiots up in the city for the day who drink themselves out of their minds and treat the place as a toilet, trash bin and playground to destroy.
    I'm not interested in anyone's stereotypes, as I've repeatedly said. I'm interested in GAA fans either fecking off home after games, or else behaving like civilised human beings in other peoples' place of residence.

Just out of curiosity, what happens on days that Dublin are playing ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Pffft OP is just stereotyping.

And he's just tarring everyone with the same brush :rolleyes:

But nowhere in my post will you find any trace of me agreeing with the OP that these folks were essentially acting like pigs in ****

Liam Byrne wrote: »

Area empties out an awful lot quicker than any other day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Liam Byrne wrote: »

Dub fans generally go back to their own local rather then hang around Quinns or The Parrot. If its sunny out you might see some around the canal drinking cans but the Garda do patrol there and its a fine if you are caught drinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

To be fair, our own knackerish young ones and fellas from Thomastown, Callan, 'Comer and every other rural townland in the county contribute a good bit to that :pac:

But at least we keep them at home and don't export them further than Carlow or Waterford and they don't notice the extra. :D

But at least we keep them at home and don't export them further than Carlow or Waterford and they don't notice the extra. :D

That's only because Carlow is full of knackers and Waterford is a ****ty student town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭danh789

If he'd seen them doing it, they'd be in the Mater hospital on life support right now.

Jesus, he sounds like a right thug, your mate. Typical Dub I suppose, solves everything with violence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 EmmaBoo

Why don't you and all the other residents who are unhappy with the Garda presence get together and do something about it and get more presence on the streets after the match or install CCTV or something instead of b*tchin about it on a forum?
    If you can hear them shouting and being rowdy outside, call the guards like normal people do!
    Just a suggestion :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

danh789 wrote: »
    Typical Dub I suppose, solves everything with violence.

Did you learn that from Fair City?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Area empties out an awful lot quicker than any other day.

Lok pal ...get a bleedin grip.

I'ts hardly fair to blame the GAA fans when the real culprits are the local authorities who do not provide enough public toilets in the vicinity of big stadia.

People will generally drink more than normal on big match occasions and as a result will want to answer more frequent calls of nature..thats hardly rocket science.

Was at a big game myself recently and was short taken on one of the roads leading to Croker....no public toilets so was forced to pop into a nearby garden and drop a sour queefe by the side of the house.

Felt pretty lousey about having to do that and stuck a rolled up 5 euro note in the sh1te as recompense.

Wasn't much elese i could do was there ?

Thought about knockin on the door to ask for bog roll but that might have been too cheeky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

Not unless he has fully comp. Either way, he probably has an excess on the policy (usually around €100-250) & he's unemployed.

windscreen cover is outside to any other part of car insurance so long as you have it as part of your insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭the bolt

No, it's not a bit much. I do actually wish they were dead. They're not contributing to any society or civilisation I'm aware of, p!ssing in people's gardens, throwing cans round the place, yelling till 4 in the morning and damaging the entire neighbourhood and property.
    I've been down on the day of a big match, and it was like having an Orange Parade outside your house for twelve hours straight. Penned into your own home while drunken louts make sh!te of your garden and your area. The doorbell going at 3 in the morning. Waking up to a garden full of rubbish (or excrement) and the car damaged. It's despicable.
    As for what county they were from, I neither know nor care. They're scum, plain and simple, wherever they came from. In my mate's experience, they're all as bad as each other.
    how do you know they were gaa fan ,could they not have been just sh1theads .

the bolt wrote: »
    how do you know they were gaa fan ,could they not have been just sh1theads .

C'mon. Really, what are the chances of that? With your attitude how do we know any particualr person or group of person has doing anything bad, ever?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

windscreen cover is outside to any other part of car insurance so long as you have it as part of your insurance

True, but that only covers windscreen damage by tcracks or brakes by stone chippings or the like. Vandalism is only covered with fully comp.

Lok pal ...get a bleedin grip.

I'ts hardly fair to blame the GAA fans when the real culprits are the local authorities who do not provide enough public toilets in the vicinity of big stadia.

Yeah, a public toilet trashed my mate's car. :rolleyes:
    Wasn't much elese i could do was there ?

Thought about knockin on the door to ask for bog roll but that might have been too cheeky.

You're nothing better than an animal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

The problem isn't the GAA. The problem is a group of 16-20 year old d!ckheads that are let loose for the day & start horsing into pints. Most of them are out of it before a match starts. When they get full up with pints they then move onto JD & coke or vodka & red bull. Which is around the time they start acting like tinkers.
    Most people who go to GAA matches are actually there to support their team & enjoy a good battle on the field so it's a bit silly to paint them all with the one brush.
    And how do you know it was a culchie that damaged your friends car? Unless you have cctv footage of it then you are making wild assumptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭the bolt

bonerm wrote: »
    Large Stadia should only be allow to be built in large open areas away from the city centre (eg Berlins Olympicstadion). The redevelopment of Croker and Lansdowne should never have been allowed in situ. Both organisations should have been told to sell-up and move out to the M50 where they could build suitable proper stadia without having to waste so much of taxpayers money.

However, sports "fans" in this country complain about inconvenient ideas like that. But that's only because deep down they're more interested in the occasion & in getting to the pub than the sporting event itself.
    how the hell would you expect the dubs to get out there,never mind on time..:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

No need to get personal pal.

It was either that or drop a kilo of runny sour in my breeks.

Now quit bellyaching about your mates banger ...I've got news for you pal ..these things happen.

Beats the sh1t out of me how people rent accomodation near a stadium and then whinge and complain about crowds on match days.

Join the freekin dots pal.....:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement