Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mindless drunken vandalism

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Noffles wrote: »
    Are we "pals"...?

Dunno.....are we ?
    Anyway, to me it just seems like an incomplete stadium, three good sides and one "not so good

No the Gaa have got it spot on ..people can stand and people can sit...sunlight can get at the pitch unlike Wembley or the Millenium.

People would not p1ss in your garden if their were sufficient temporary privvies provided - a la Manchester.

As for you pal go back to reading your Star or your Sun and worshipping some English Premiership team full of overpaid cheating ****.

Keep your bile away from The GAA and it's followers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Superbus wrote: »
    Bit much really? Granted it's scummy behaviour but that kind of language is always ott.

I disagree

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭bm365

Am I the only person who thinks the original post was pure BS made up by Cavehill Red as a way for him to moan complain about GAA fans and or "culchies"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Noffles wrote: »

Dunno.....are we ?

No the Gaa have got it spot on ..people can stand and people can sit...sunlight can get at the pitch unlike Wembley or the Millenium.

People would not p1ss in your garden if their were sufficient temporary privvies provided - a la Manchester.

But they are not there... as has been pointed out?

As for you pal go back to reading your Star or your Sun and worshipping some English Premiership team full of overpaid cheating ****.

Don't support football

Keep your bile away from The GAA and it's followers.

This is After Hours... not the GAA forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

spurious wrote: »

An interesting fact is that this is a GAA problem - no such issue with rugby, soccer or concert fans.

• Advertisement

bm365 wrote: »
    Am I the only person who thinks the original post was pure BS made up by Cavehill Red as a way for him to moan complain about GAA fans and or "culchies"?

No Sir! You are not.

The user name might suggest he is another whinging Nordie...down here to leech orf our welfare system.

Apologies If I'm wrong on that one.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

You are not. I reckon he's a secret culchie wannabe... he probably dreams of pissing on garden gnomes... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Let's hope the GAA fans never the 'plastic bag syndrome'.

That is heading up a laneway and backing out a knotty coil into a Supermarket bag and hanging it on the wing mirrors of some person's car.

This is common practice at UK football games especially the lower divisions.

Some the even piss in on top and cut a little nick in the corner as the 'matter' streels down the bodywork.

Terrible behaviour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

No Sir! You are not.

The user name might suggest he is another whinging Nordie...down here to leech orf our welfare system.

Apologies If I'm wrong on that one.....:rolleyes:

Nordie working hard and paying taxes to keep your country above water, sunshine.
    Apology not accepted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,273 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Nordie working hard and paying taxes to keep your country above water, sunshine.
    Apology not accepted.

HA!! How? By giving out about scumbag culchies all day on boards?

• Advertisement

Frankly, it's none of your business.
    And I've every right to give out about scumbags coming into my place of residence and trashing my mate's car, ringing my doorbell at all hours, smacking each other outside the house, and puking and p!ssing in the gardens.
    I've little doubt you'd be giving out too if it happened outside your door.
    I'm frankly stunned that there are so many people here prepared to defend what they perceive as their 'right' to go up to Croker, get hammered out of their minds on alcohol and trash my area.
    I shouldn't be surprised, given that it happens every single time there is a match on. But that people are actually prepared to seek to defend that behaviour is quite alarming.

I would never defend mindless scum who vandalise property, no matter where, when or under any type of circumstance. In fact I HATE vandalism, and have experienced the effects of it first hand.

I just find it ridiculous that you would refer to anyone that lives further west than Lucan as a culchie, and in my mind it really invalidates your original point to my culchie brain, because I lost all respect for your views once you started spouting that rubbish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

makes a change tbh

I would never defend mindless scum who vandalise property, no matter where, when or under any type of circumstance. In fact I HATE vandalism, and have experienced the effects of it first hand.

I just find it ridiculous that you would refer to anyone that lives further west than Lucan as a culchie, and in my mind really invalidates your original point to my culchie brain, because I lost all respect for your views once you started spouting that rubbish.

I wasn't referring specifically to you. But on this thread we've had people proudly boasting how they sh!t in gardens in my neighbourhood, people saying my mate 'deserved' to have his car trashed simply for parking by his house, people saying everyone in my area should expect and put up with vandalism and anti-social behaviour because the stadium was there first (NB it didn't predate the housing) or because they 'should have known' to expect such behaviour because they live near the stadium.
    As for the culchie thing, let me refer you back to here: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=67485416#post67485416

As for the culchie thing, let me refer you back to here: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=67485416#post67485416

Let me refer you back to here - http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67483682&postcount=68

Where you used the word FACT describing the people that done this as culchies at their worst. Complete BS in fairness.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Let me refer you back to here - http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67483682&postcount=68

Where you used the word FACT describing the people that done this as culchies at their worst. Complete BS in fairness.

and dubs on the forum have never been subject to that sort of abuse :rolleyes:

That post explains itself. And my position has been consistent and clear from the start. Every time there is a big GAA game involving two counties from down the country (though less so when it involves those from the extremities of the island) my neighbourhood gets trashed and I'm sick to death of it.
    This time, they've destroyed my mate's one remaining asset, and he's unemployed on the breadline struggling to keep his family above water.
    I'm fully aware that not ALL GAA fans are responsible for this behaviour. All this Dubs V Culchies BS is irrelevant in my eyes, a distraction introduced by other posters on this thread.
    Those who ARE responsible for this behaviour I'm prepared to refer to by all sorts of terminology, much of it unprintable. Calling them 'culchies' in the same way Chris Rock refers to n!ggers, ie people who let their community down with their behaviour, thereby reinforcing stereotypes, is probably one of the more polite terms I'd use.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭GeorgeCostanza

The odds are heavily stacked in favour of it being drunken GAA supporters.

So that's a "no" then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Apology not accepted.

Ah so that's why you included the nordies in your list of trouble free supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭GeorgeCostanza

Every time there is a big GAA game... my neighbourhood gets trashed and I'm sick to death of it.

You presumably knew when you bought/rented that your house was next to the biggest sports stadiums in Dublin? I'd expect a bit of anti-social behaviour but you want to pin the blame on a few specific counties? Ludicrous.

If you're sick to death of it, then MOVE!!

• Advertisement

You presumably knew when you bought/rented that your house was next to the biggest sports stadiums in Dublin? I'd expect a bit of anti-social behaviour but you want to pin the blame on a few specific counties? Ludicrous.

Its residential first, a place for sport second. Same as Lansdowne road, same as the RDS, same as Thomond Park. Its his backyard, not a playground for drunk tossers to act the bollocks. "A bit of antisocial behaviour" is not having rocks smashed through a car window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Lanaier

If you try to give the line that anyone from outside Dublin is a culchie then surely everyone in Dublin is one according to people from any medium sized english city?

Amen brother.

Once you've lived longterm in an actual metropolis you realize how meaningless such names are in Ireland.
    I had the honor of both growing up in various parts of 'the sticks' until I was 16 and then spending the next 7 years in Dublin.
    I've been called every name Irish people have for Irish people from somewhere else, and I'm pretty much immune.

Sure we're all a pack of culchie muck-savages as far as I can see it :P

EDIT: Have to say though, I can totally understand OP's frustration.
    People are going on about how can he know if he didn't see it.....I think we can give him the benefit of the doubt.
    Would he just come on here to blame "cluchies" for this totally unprovoked?
    Doesn't seem like that sort to me.
    He lives in the area so I can assume he knows more about the situation than most of us, plus the way it only happens on GAA nights.. seems like the basic logical reasoning.

It's no secret that Dublin has it's scum, OP isn't denying that.
    Looks to me like other people turned it into something it isn't.

Nail on head.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Ah so that's why you included the nordies in your list of trouble free supporters.

They're not trouble-free and I never said they were.
    I said there is LESS trouble when fans from the extremities of the island are up in town, which I presume is because most of them go home early because they've further to go.
    It's still noisy, still messy, there are still pools of vomit and p!ss all over the place, just less so.
    They're as scummy as every other pack of GAA fans who come into my area. They're just around less time, so they don't cause as much hassle, or as late into the night.

Why the fcuk should I have to move, or any of my neighbours either? So that you or your drunk thug pals can sh!te in gardens, dance on cars and act like animals?
    Why should any of us have to move away from an area which we love, which we take care over, where people look out for each other, in easy reach of the city centre and workplaces and schools and hospitals and the amenities we need?
    So you and your pals can have a free rein at vandalism and public defecation and roaring your heads off till all hours?
    Why the fcuk should I have to move?
    Why can't you and everyone else who comes into my area treat it with some fcuking respect, as the homes of people who tolerate your invasion of their neighbourhood on a far-too-regular basis with astonishing good grace?

A complete over reaction in my opinion.

Sure a few mindless oiks might have a quick p1ss where they shouldn't or in extreme circs take a sh1t in somebodys garden.

To listen to your bellyachin pal is to imagine the entire attendance in croke park is taking a dump in your garden and then p1ssing through your letter box.

Most GAA fans are decent family people and the only a very small minority carry on as you describe.

The facts are pal ,,like it or not ..you are living next to a super stadium.

Stadiums attract big crowds.

Crowds need to sh1t and p1ss and when there are no public facilities it seems reasonable to me that they use whatever is available in emergencies.

It seems to me the least you could do is leave out a few rolls of toilet paper on big match days.

Tell your slow friend that matches are normally on SUNDAY and park his banger away from the stadium..seems very simple to me.

Now quit makin a very big mountain out of a very small molehill...chill out and enjoy the unique apres match athmosphere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

The facts are pal ,,like it or not ..you are living next to a super stadium.

Stadiums attract big crowds.

Crowds need to sh1t and p1ss and when there are no public facilities it seems reasonable to me that they use whatever is available in emergencies.

It seems to me the least you could do is leave out a few rolls of toilet paper on big match days.

Tell your slow friend that matches are normally on SUNDAY and park his banger away from the stadium..seems very simple to me.

WTF.

Why should going to watch a sporting event excuse, in any way, in any case, for any reason, vandalism of any kind?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

It's actually such a typically stupid Irish "having the craic" attitude.

The Gardai should cite anyone guilty of public order offences, and the GAA should actively ban the attendance of those individuals from future matches and participation in GAA activities. The same goes for soccer and rugby.

It's BS to suggest "ah sure it's a big stadium, they are only a few people acting up". Horse shit. The fact it's a sporting event is utterly irrelevant. If you can't act responsibly when you're out in public, you shouldn't be out in public.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

mloc wrote: »
    WTF.

Why should going to watch a sporting event excuse, in any way, in any case, for any reason, vandalism of any kind?

'Ah shure dere ony havin' the craic'

We have a terrible terrible attitude toward drinking, drunkeness and what constitiutes having a good time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Bogsnorkler

I for one think it's marvelous how anyone who goes to a GAA match and have a few pints is categorized as scum of the earth.

Having been to Croke park every year since god knows when, i haven't seen this.

Maybe it is a good idea to play more championship matches down the country. Twould be less of a drive for the likes of myself more likely, and would boost the local economy in badly needed rural areas.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement