If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monday deal to cheer you up!

Options
  • 16-08-2010 2:34pm
    Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Boardies,

Just a quickie little dealette for you Bored Boardies out there...

picture.php?albumid=1039&pictureid=7043

I have just bought a batch of the Teac LS-W300 2.1 Subwoofer & bookshelf speaker packs to go out at just £79.95 or an even better value €89.99...

This is a 100Watt compact active sub which really does shift some air! combined with a pair of bookshelf speakers - to be honest I'm sure lots of people will just buy this for the subwoofer alone and park the speakers it's such good value - Lots of other UK dealers are selling this as a special offer at £100-£120 so at under £80 this really is a bargain and if you are interested I would recommend that you snaffle one whilst we still have a few left!

As ever keep us posted if we can assist in any way or if you would like to reserve one of these systems,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭PCDub

Hi John,

Does this system come with cables? Whats the delivery cost (for repeat offenders ;))?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭mobby

Hi John was also going to ask about the cables. Might be interested, how big are these units as i am stuck for space. also looking for a good value AV receiver nothing fancy around the €200 mark needs to have HDMI input/output connections.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

PCDub wrote: »
    Hi John,

Does this system come with cables? Whats the delivery cost (for repeat offenders ;))?

PC - repeat offender? That's one word for it :p - ok we can deliver this system at £9.99 and it comes with a basic sub interconnect and I believe 1.8 * 2 mtrs of speaker cable.

What more could you want (Oh I forgot it was you PC !)

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

mobby wrote: »
    Hi John was also going to ask about the cables. Might be interested, how big are these units as i am stuck for space. also looking for a good value AV receiver nothing fancy around the €200 mark needs to have HDMI input/output connections.

Mobby,

On the receiver front the closest I could get would be either the Onkyo TXSR308 at £199.95 / €249.99 with 3 HDMI inputs or the excellent Yamaha RXV367 at £169.95 / €199.99 with 4 HDMI in / 1 out..

Keep me posted...

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭PCDub

All sounds good John, stick me down for one.
    Cheers.

• Advertisement

Hi John
    Thanks for the responce will go for the speakers and the Yamaha RXV367 (BLACK). How much to deliver to Nth Kildare area?

mobby wrote: »
    Hi John
    Thanks for the responce will go for the speakers and the Yamaha RXV367 (BLACK). How much to deliver to Nth Kildare area?

John any update to this please?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey Mobby.

Sorry for the delay.

I have done some checking and the RXV367 is totally out of stock at the moment with no incoming date as of yet :(

The cost of delivery for the speakers above and an amp would cost the standard £11.99

We will have the Onkyo 308 arriving back into stock this Friday if this would suit instead of the Yamaha?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 UJR

Is it possible to use this kit with a stereo amp?
    I have a marantz pm 47 with only stereo output, so the connection should be something like:

Stereo -> Cable -> Subwoofer (IN) : Subwoofer (OUT) -> Cable -> Left (or Right) Speaker

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey UJR.

Sorry for the delay.

The speakers will connect with no problems as they just run on normal speaker cable.

Does your PM47 have a sub output on the rear of it? This would be needed to connect the SubWoofer to the Amp.

• Advertisement

Hi Kenny,
    unfortunately no sub output, only stereo binding posts. I'll probably get some eltax speakers then, as this is only a temporary solution. I'm thinking about the concept mini or maybe concept 180 (which would partially compensate the lack of a sub). do you have any other suggestion for a low budget system?

Cheers ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi UJR.

The other option would be to connect the sub to one of the record outputs on the amp. (Amps have a minimum of 1).

This would give the sub an output but it would not be the correct way in terms of volume.

The output from the record out is a fixed output which would mean that the volume of the sub will not increase the more you turn the amp up.

If you can put up with this, then I would still go for a sub as you would need to go for larger speakers to try to compensate for the bass response that a sub woofer can offer.

I hope this helps but let me know what you think.

Cheers

Dave

thanks for the info Dave, I think I'll save some money and get a new 5.1 amp+speakers for Xmas. cheers

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.