Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying whole Jalapenos?

Options
  • 16-08-2010 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where you can get these in the D15 area or in city centre perhaps? All the super markets seem to stock the sliced Old El Paso ones.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Fallon & Byrnes have them for sale, no idea on price though. Have seen them in Superquinn but part of a mixed chilli set, you could of course re-arrange the selection to make sure your box had more jalapenos in them than there should be, but of course i couldn't condone that sort of behaviour!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

F&B's have them alright. Bought them there last week.

Price is reasonable too as is freshness.

I advise using all the chilli though as they are rather week as Jalapeños go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Aldi have them in mixed boxes with other chilies. It's cheap, €1.50ish for 6 or 7 chilies.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,426 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

superquinn sell them loose and fresh

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Mellor wrote: »
    superquinn sell them loose and fresh

yeah sq in blanch have them in a variety of chillis pack and sometimes whole fresh ones

also, try the asian themed supermarkets around the city center, I'm pretty sure there is one on mary street that does all kinds of fresh chillis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

For future reference, they're pretty easy to grow yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

Thanks everyone. Super Quinn seems ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Memnoch wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. Super Quinn seems ideal.

just to confirm it, I saw some loose ones there in a box in the veg section last night

Advertisement