Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cork restaurants

Options
  • 16-08-2010 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hey all!!

Trying to plan a birthday meal out, somewhere with nice good quality food. Money is tight at the moment so just wondering if anyone knows any nice cheapish restaurants in the city centre?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Kark wrote: »
    Hey all!!

Trying to plan a birthday meal out, somewhere with nice good quality food. Money is tight at the moment so just wondering if anyone knows any nice cheapish restaurants in the city centre?

Here is a very recent thread on Cork restaurants, not sure about pricing though...( a lot of places have early bird menus)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055990804

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fallen01angel

If you like indian food,the restaurant opposite the Opera House(over the old Board Gais,can't think of the name) is doing amazing offer at the mo-2 starters,2 main courses,2 desserts(v limited choice but the rest you'll be stuffed by then anyway)tea or coffee AND a bottle of wine:D for 50 euros!!Was there with a friend a couple of weeks back and it was just fantastic and it wasn't an early bird special!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭jacko1

Jacques does a great early bird (3 courses) for €25 and its available all night mon to wed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Ian Mac

Scoozis , good cheap food!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

If you like indian food,the restaurant opposite the Opera House(over the old Board Gais,can't think of the name) is doing amazing offer at the mo-2 starters,2 main courses,2 desserts(v limited choice but the rest you'll be stuffed by then anyway)tea or coffee AND a bottle of wine:D for 50 euros!!Was there with a friend a couple of weeks back and it was just fantastic and it wasn't an early bird special!!

that's Eastern Tandoori, the best Indian restaurant in Cork IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

that's Eastern Tandoori, the best Indian restaurant in Cork IMO.

Oh I have been there and loved it! Indian nyom nyom

I would rate it and Bombay Palace on Cook St as the two best Indian restaurants in Cork (both as good as each other in my opinion).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭Trashbat

Ian Mac wrote: »
    Scoozis , good cheap food!

Not so cheap, considering the quality, last time I was there. I remember it used to be very reasonable, but the prices have risen somewhat, but the food quality has not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Trashbat wrote: »
    Not so cheap, considering the quality, last time I was there. I remember it used to be very reasonable, but the prices have risen somewhat, but the food quality has not.

totally agree, and do they still do that dumb exercise of making people wait for a few minutes before showing them to a table despite there being loads of free tables in the place! overpriced burgers & pizzas really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Eastern Tandoori Bombay Palace, the best Indian restaurant in Cork IMO.

FYP

Eastern Tandoori is one of the worst Indians I've eaten in. I have to say that Bombay is outstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

Zaks are doing 2 for 1 at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

Luigi Malones Emmet Place- across from opera house. Quality food and great prices.

Here's the link:

http://www.luigimalones.com/menu.php?page=menu

jacko1 wrote: »
    Jacques does a great early bird (3 courses) for €25 and its available all night mon to wed

Went to Jacques last night, was Dad's birthday. Absolutely savage steak, he was happy out. 3 starters, 3 mains, 2 deserts, a bottle of house red & a coffee came to €155.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭jacko1

RoverJames wrote: »
    Went to Jacques last night, was Dad's birthday. Absolutely savage steak, he was happy out. 3 starters, 3 mains, 2 deserts, a bottle of house red & a coffee came to €155.

got to love the onion rings and flat mushrooms that they do with the steak 1

jacko1 wrote: »
    got to love the onion rings and flat mushrooms that they do with the steak 1

'twas top class in fairness

Advertisement