Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paypal or Bank account?

Options
  • 16-08-2010 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

Hi,

Not sure where else to put this thread so will try here, is it possible to set up a site in Ireland and use PayPal only, as the site will be up and running before all the hoops are jumped for the bank for our merchant account status. Any help appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Yes, details are here. As long as you have a paypal account!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

The problem with Paypal is that it won't take Laser

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Big Mouth wrote: »
    Hi,

Not sure where else to put this thread so will try here, is it possible to set up a site in Ireland and use PayPal only, as the site will be up and running before all the hoops are jumped for the bank for our merchant account status. Any help appreciated, thanks.
    Irish consumers seem to have a real problem with PayPal for some reason. I think it's because it looks like you have to open an account when you get to the payment page.

I use www.realex.ie for Laser/CC transactions (€29/month inc 350 transactions). I offer paypal also but I'd say less than 10% avail of it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

If your using an sage accounting system, try SagePay. You should take a look at webpayments.ie too! Thats a great website for starters. Yes, I would say Realex payments is very good.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Scotty # wrote: »
    Irish consumers seem to have a real problem with PayPal for some reason. I think it's because it looks like you have to open an account when you get to the payment page.

That's sort of true - they do allow you to check out without creating an account, but I've heard a few reports that they only allow 10 or so transactions in "guest" mode before you do have to create an account.

Not sure if it's just Irish people that don't like Paypal. Consumers in general don't seem to like creating accounts, they just want a once-off transaction a lot of the time. That goes for eCommerce sites as well, even if the only real difference between checking out as guest and creating an account is that you specify a password.
    Scotty # wrote: »
    I use www.realex.ie for Laser/CC transactions (€29/month inc 350 transactions). I offer paypal also but I'd say less than 10% avail of it.

I find Realex great to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Realex also offer 3D Secure... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3-D_Secure. This gives added protection for the merchant against fraud.

Advertisement