Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager or Championship Manager?

• 16-08-2010 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭

I went into game the last day in Galway looking for championship manager 2010(havn't played CM since 07), and the guy says Championship Manager is finished and Football Manager is miles better, after taking on many of the CM staff. Anyway after a few minutes of looking for the game, he realizsed he didn't have it. I checked everywhere in town and nowhere, so I ordered it on ebay. Should be here in a few days. But now I find out that CM my original choice is still in business, what a feckin bullshi**ing wanker. Anyway, I guess my question is was he at least right in saying football manager is better? Or is it any good at all?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Bumder

The guy in the shop is bang on. Football Manager is the ultimate football management sim (I have wasted many hours on it) and is infact basically the old championship manager with a new name ie championship manager staff etc. Although Championship Manager still exists it is not a patch on Football Manager so you have made the right decision although Football Manager 2011 should be out before christmas so I hope you didnt spend too much on Football Manager 2010

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Thanks Bumder all I needed to know. I paid 25 euro inc p and p so not a terrible price. And if theres big improvements in 2011 I'll probably buy that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Everyone remembers the brand name Championship Manager, it was the gold standard of these games for years and years.

The guy in the shop is dead right, Football Manager is the game to buy, the staff and teams left CM to develop football manager.

Don't buy Championship Manager, well you can but Football Manager is the one to buy
    what a feckin bullshi**ing wanker.

Bit harsh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Ya true, a bit harsh. I just remember the old days of CM, and the guy told me it was no longer in existence but apart from that bang on. Went a bit extreme with the insulting I admit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Football manager 5 and onwards is basically the same as the old CM series continued on.

FM got the game engine, whereas the only thing linking CM 03-04 and previous editions, to the current incarnation of "CM" is the name.

TLDR - FM is the new CM. Do yourself a favour, buy FM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Think CM is now dead on the PC, they have submissed to FM, by reading on their forums they are looking to make versions for the iPod/iPad market for 2010/2011 season.

Bit of a shame 'cause competition is always good, and they had some really good ideas in 2010 that FM didn't have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Think CM is now dead on the PC, they have submissed to FM, by reading on their forums they are looking to make versions for the iPod/iPad market for 2010/2011 season.

Bit of a shame 'cause competition is always good, and they had some really good ideas in 2010 that FM didn't have

What ideas did they have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Set Piece creator
    Better/modern system for scouting
    In match shouts at specific areas of your team, instead of whole team

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭ianoleader

I went into game the last day in Galway looking for championship manager 2010(havn't played CM since 07), and the guy says Championship Manager is finished and Football Manager is miles better, after taking on many of the CM staff. Anyway after a few minutes of looking for the game, he realizsed he didn't have it. I checked everywhere in town and nowhere, so I ordered it on ebay. Should be here in a few days. But now I find out that CM my original choice is still in business, what a feckin bullshi**ing wanker. Anyway, I guess my question is was he at least right in saying football manager is better? Or is it any good at all?

for starters i find game to be the best shop in town to buy games from as everyone in there are serious gamers and 2. i find it is a better game as i have the 2007 game but am gonna wait to get the new release whenever it comes out. but the main people behind the early games of CM are the same people behind FM thats why CM games have fallen hugely over the last decade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭mcw92

ianoleader wrote: »
    for starters i find game to be the best shop in town to buy games from as everyone in there are serious gamers and 2. i find it is a better game as i have the 2007 game but am gonna wait to get the new release whenever it comes out. but the main people behind the early games of CM are the same people behind FM thats why CM games have fallen hugely over the last decade

This thread is a year old.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭shootie

LMA Manager.

/Thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Premier Manager was the original and playing Football manager 2011 now its amazing how littles changed from it. The only really major change is before you had to start off in the bottom tier so you would be a few years in before managing in the premiership and 3and a half inch disks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

chosing champo manager over fm is like chosing some fat bitch over carmen electra

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,511 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Balmed Out wrote: »
    Premier Manager was the original and playing Football manager 2011 now its amazing how littles changed from it. The only really major change is before you had to start off in the bottom tier so you would be a few years in before managing in the premiership and 3and a half inch disks.
    That and about 5 billion other things, but sure never mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

FM all the way. Used to be a CM man back in the days of 00/01 but times have changed and FM is king.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭PhilTorres

Football Manager by a country mile for me.

Advertisement