Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Upgrade

Options
  • 16-08-2010 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

I have used and liked a nokia 6310i for several years, however I now need to receive /send emails and internet access would be a nice to have.
    Bottom line is I am totally confused by what is available and best value. So hoping to avail of the experience and wisdom of the contributors and browsers of this forum.
    I am currently using O2 and would love to break from them as I got shafted on an inappropriate price plan recently. I am now on O2 clear 175 which seems to suit (175 free minutes per month and 100 free texts). Apart from the basics I need email and bluetooth would like to have internet access ( low demand ). MP3 and camera etc nice but not essential. Would prefer keypad or touchscreen not flip or slider.
    Price not really an issue but want value in terms of hardware and service provider. I am entitled to a silver upgrade frome O2 and dont have any cotractual obligations

Very grateful for any help.

Many thanks in advance
    makfli

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

200 mins, 200 texts, 1gb data, free on-net calls + texts - €35 per month

as for handset, cant really go wrong with the HTC Legend ~ €49.99 (free if you wanted a higher plan!)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭makfli

Thanks to all for help. I will talk to Meteor and see what I can set up.

Does anyone know what is required to break with O2 bill pay. I have sent the customer service 2 emails to find out the procedure as I want to make sure of a smooth transition. They have not replied and they dont answer the phone ! I have no contract with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

makfli wrote: »
    I have no contract with them.

Did you mean to say contact?

If your not in a contract, walk into a meteor shop and they will sort it out for you, and o2 will send you the final bill for calls.

If you are in a contract, you will be charged for the monthly charge, for each month left in your contract. If you have 6 months to go, at €30 each month, then its €180 breakage fee.

Advertisement