Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo for around 50euro??

Options
  • 16-08-2010 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

Have a wedding to attend - and was wondering if there were low cost room only 'hotels' in sligo.

On par with the travel lodge style of hotel, just dont fancy traveling down across from dublin in me finery! Figured a night and morning in a cheapy hotel - but with the chance to have a shower and keep me dress uncreased would be worth trying. And as the night in the hotel for the actual wedding is hitting the 200 mark was looking to keep costs as low as possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭sungem

Sligo City Hotel is prob the cheapest, just looked on their site and its 75 per room but to contact the hotel directly for cheapest rates.. worth a try..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Sometimes the clarion / glasshouse might be cheap if you ring them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Wouldn't a B&B be a lot cheaper (be)?

But make sure to try and bargain with them.

Mates of mine have stayed in the Glass House after a night out (they live in Manorhamilton) for around €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

You can get a Double Ensuite in the Harbour House Hostel for €50. €40 if you're alone (not a couple) and it's not busy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

Thanks for all the replies.

Having looked at the Harbour house hostel on the net - and read the reviews - its not really what i am looking for :o I would say for students it would be grand ...... but i'm too old for that :D:D

The glasshouse looks more like it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement