Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundalk boxer to fight world champion for Irish title

Options
  • 16-08-2010 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭

Not sure if any/many people in Louth or more specifically are aware of this but Dundalk professional boxer Michael Kelly is due to fight former world amateur champion Frankie Gavin for the Irish title next month.

Gavin is from Birmingham but both his parents are Irish and he is a hot tip to be the "next big thing" in world boxing, however he is still at an early stage of his career.

Standing infront of him is Dundalk's Michael Kelly who is to fight in in Birmingham on September 18 - the fight will be on SKY PayPerView.

The bill is a bit of a big thing in boxing but I wondered if there was any noise being made of it in his local area?

http://boxing-ireland.com/20100804_frankie_gavin_michael_kelly_irish_60.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Not sure if any/many people in Louth or more specifically are aware of this but Dundalk professional boxer Michael Kelly is due to fight former world amateur champion Frankie Gavin for the Irish title next month.

Gavin is from Birmingham but both his parents are Irish and he is a hot tip to be the "next big thing" in world boxing, however he is still at an early stage of his career.

Standing infront of him is Dundalk's Michael Kelly who is to fight in in Birmingham on September 18 - the fight will be on SKY PayPerView.

The bill is a bit of a big thing in boxing but I wondered if there was any noise being made of it in his local area?

http://boxing-ireland.com/20100804_frankie_gavin_michael_kelly_irish_60.html

First i heard of it

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Fergal C

I read about it on Michael's FaceBook. Good luck to him, I hope he gets the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭BoxingIrel.com

Unfortunately it wasnt to be Michaels night guys.

He put up a brave effort and its no shame to be beaten by the only guy from Britain to every win a gold at the world championship

Advertisement