Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KARPACKIE 4 FOR 5 EURO

• 16-08-2010 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭

anyone drink it yet,i did an it's not bad also strong
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dave D

I remember drinking it a while ago.
    I quiet liked it, certainly nicer than other beers in that price range.

Didn't like it myself, thought it was very watery and it left a horrible metallic aftertaste. Struggled through one can and the rest went down the sink!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Yes one of the more metally beers, but when cold its nice, better than bavaria or dg for instance. zywiec has been 4 for 6 around here lately and is much nicer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,146 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Have drank a bit of this lately, tastes grand. Decent for the price. My local offie didn't have it so I went with Hackenburg which was the same price. Twas awful, won't be doing that again.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Its alrite, not a new beer by any means though its going a few years now lol, was 4.60 for a while but they bumped it back up to 5 :(

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭r0nanf

Not a fan, manky stuff imo - if I remember correctly it's almost got a sweetness to it.

+1 to brianthebard, zywiec is far better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 spaceoddity

r0nanf wrote: »
    Not a fan, manky stuff imo - if I remember correctly it's almost got a sweetness to it.
    Definitely got a sweetness to it - you can definitely do either better or worse! I found it to be ok as a middle of the road, cheap (aka inexpensive) midweek beer.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Karpackie is ming ding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

This stuff is packaged in horrible cans... Get it out of the can into a glass with a bit of ice and it's lovely. my two cents.

This stuff is packaged in horrible cans... Get it out of the can into a glass with a bit of ice and it's lovely. my two cents.

Lies!! It's horrible no matter what way you serve it!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

It stinks on ice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Dave_Kilkenny

Yes one of the more metally beers, but when cold its nice, better than bavaria or dg for instance. zywiec has been 4 for 6 around here lately and is much nicer.

Well if you've ever been to Poland, you'll find that Karpackie is still a **** ****-tier beer over they're too, not served on tap in most pubs.
    Zywiec, Tyskie, Warka & Lezajsk are all quality polish beers, and if your into strong beers try Harnas Strong (Harnaś mocny)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I quite like Karpackie,definately better than Bavaria or Dutch as mentioned above. I'd still rather Heiney,but if I'm broke,I'll have four of those bad boys.

Advertisement