Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy 70/100 clip frame?

Options
  • 16-08-2010 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭

Yes another "where to buy" thread.. :/ sorry. Why its so hard to buy stuff in Galway? :rolleyes: So, anybody knows where i can get it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Maja wrote: »
    Why its so hard to buy stuff in Galway? :rolleyes:

Cos it's not Poland....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Maja

mikom wrote: »
    Cos it's not Poland....

Why are you trying so hard to be annoying? Nothing better to do huh? Go and read a book.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

All/most shop that sells posters have these.
    Argos has a selection. Try Woodies/B&Q/...

biko wrote: »
    All/most shop that sells posters have these.
    Argos has a selection. Try Woodies/B&Q/...

I checked Argos and Woodies -no luck, but thanks.

(at least not this size)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Am I the only person who doesn't know what a 70/100 clip frame actually is?

When you go to live somewhere new, it's always hard to figure out where to buy stuff. Even in large cities (which Galway sure ain't), you can imagine that the stuff is somewhere, but tracking it down can take a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I would assume it's a 7cm x 10cm clip frame (clip frames are those minimalistic picture frames that are basically just glass + board + metal clips on all sides to keep the picture in place)

Have you tried Woodies in the Wellpark Centre? I'm almost certain I saw them there not too long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Might be worth trying the 2euro shop and Tesco hardware shop

Xiney wrote: »
    I would assume it's a 7cm x 10cm clip frame (clip frames are those minimalistic picture frames that are basically just glass + board + metal clips on all sides to keep the picture in place)

Have you tried Woodies in the Wellpark Centre? I'm almost certain I saw them there not too long ago.

Actually i need 70cm x 100cm. :) I will check Woodies in Wellpark. (dont know about woodies in wellpark but woodies near Tesco is the most rediculous shop in the world -both customer service and what they have there -no plant pots in shop like this!???) and some time ago i was looking for some dump proof paint for bathroom ceiling and i was told they dont have it! (found it myself after 5 min) the same story with few other things.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Actually i need 70cm x 100cm. :) I will check Woodies in Wellpark. (dont know about woodies in wellpark but woodies near Tesco is the most rediculous shop in the world -both customer service and what they have there -no plant pots in shop like this!???) and some time ago i was looking for some dump proof paint for bathroom ceiling and i was told they dont have it! (found it myself after 5 min) the same story with few other things.

Thats pretty big, maybe you might consider going to a glass supplier and getting a sheet of hardboard,and using the clips off a small one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

:eek::eek:

• Advertisement

martyboy48 wrote: »
    :eek::eek:

-yes, I meant DAMP of course...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

-yes, I meant DAMP of course...
    hehe, I guessed that alright:D Good luck with the hunt for the item you are looking for:) Sorry but I have little knowedge of these things...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

You'd have some serious rectal problems if it was splashing up on the ceiling :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Hee hee, I can think of a few places around town that could do with a coat of that paint ;)

Woodies is like many of the big chains: some of the staff don't know very much, a few do. The trick is to find the ones who do, and make sure you ask them. Don't assume that if the person you ask doesn't know then they will ask someone who does. Yes, they should. But all-to-often they don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

dump proof paint for bathroom ceiling

:D

Ask the guy with the big printer in the shopping centre for the clip frame.

Are you going to copy my DUMP spelling mistake all over again? I would like to know how many of you speaks foreign language so fluent that wouldnt make any... Such a lack of understanding. :/

Are you going to copy my DUMP spelling mistake all over again? I would like to know how many of you speaks foreign language so fluent that wouldnt make any... Such a lack of understanding. :/

A package just arrived for you.
    It's your sense of humour............. sorry for the delay.
    You'll get on a lot better in Galway if you learn to laugh at yourself.

mikom wrote: »
    A package just arrived for you.
    It's your sense of humour............. sorry for the delay.
    You'll get on a lot better in Galway if you learn to laugh at yourself.

I would like to see your sense of humour if you would try to write in foreign language and someone would point out your each small mistake.

(and there is nothing wrong with my sense of humour its just different from yours -which is simple in my opinion)

I would like to see your sense of humour if you would try to write in foreign language and someone would point out your each small mistake.

Yep...... cos nobody ever points out the mistakes of the locals.

The posters you were complaining about were just having a bit of fun with a misplaced letter.

I would like to see your sense of humour if you would were to try to write in a foreign language and someone would pointed out your each small mistake.

(and tThere is nothing wrong with my sense of humour, it's just different from yours; which is simple, in my opinion) ;)

I only pointed out one mistake, as it made me laugh and I did try to help you!

• Advertisement

I only pointed out one mistake, as it made me laugh and I did try to help you!

Oh, how kind, thanks but i didnt ask for help with english -just asked about stupid clip frame and you can try to be smart about something else.. (if you can).
    Most of you dont even speak Irish (which is disgrace i think) but you are so "helpful" when it comes to English.

Oh, how kind, thanks but i didnt ask for help with english -just asked about stupid clip frame and you can try to be smart about something else.. (if you can).
    Most of you dont even speak Irish (which is disgrace i think) but you are so "helpful" when it comes to English.

Ar mhaith leat freagraí in nGaeilge as seo 'mach? Gaoite! ;) Tá mé fós ag gáire fút; i Woodies ag iarraidh "DUMP proof paint!" :D

Ar mhaith leat freagraí in nGaeilge as seo 'mach? Gaoite! ;) Tá mé fós ag gáire fút; i Woodies ag iarraidh "DUMP proof paint!" :D

Wow- amazing.. :rolleyes: and i can speak polish and some german.
    Ok, thanks for help with finding clip frame...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Hope you find the frame, good luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement