Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burglary of An Pucan

Options
  • 16-08-2010 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭

"A teenager has had his period of detention extended at Mill Street Garda station following an attempted burglary at a pub in the city this morning.

The 17 year old was arrested at the Púcan bar on Forster street just after 3am.

He was taken to Milstreet Garda station and is being held under section four of the criminal justice act.

His period of detention was extended at lunchtime today, and he is expected to be released or charged this evening."

How in the hell could they not charge him if he was caught inside the place!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman Resu

The fact he's 17 maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Eman Resu wrote: »
    The fact he's 17 maybe?

So book him as a young offender at least. The way juveniles are treated in this country is a joke. They should bring in the Fine Gael idea of mandatory boot camps for young offenders

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman Resu

I concur, depending on the seriousness of the crime age should not be an automatic get out of jail card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Wompa1 wrote: »

Where does he say he won't be charged? Mandatory boot camp woudl be too easy for this sort of scum, mandatory war is required, rabble rabble.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Where does he say he won't be charged? Mandatory boot camp woudl be too easy for this sort of scum, mandatory war is required, rabble rabble.

sorry text didn't match what I was saying really. I mean with emphasis on the could...as in how could they even think of not charging him, how could it be a possibility..that sort of way. Rabble Rabble Rabble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

They could send a file to the DPP instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

sorry text didn't match what I was saying really. I mean with emphasis on the could...as in how could they even think of not charging him, how could it be a possibility..that sort of way. Rabble Rabble Rabble

Its always a possibility, plus I imagine the news source you quoted from would want to be diplomatic about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Would having a previous conviction change things?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

What we really need to teach these juveniles a lesson is a Wipeout style event course, sans padding, that'll learn 'em! and if not, well they can't cause the same kind of trouble if they're paraplegic.

Disclaimer: Joke

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

The An Pucan seems to be targetted quiet often, it was only a year ago when they held up a barman in there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement