Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silverlight/ASP.NET question...

Options
  • 16-08-2010 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Just a quick question. I've a site built in ASP.NET 3.5, everything hangs together exactly as it should, no complaints there. I'm now adding a whole new area to the site that hosts technical video tutorials for registered users. I did a bit of research on this and it seems that Silverlight is the way to go here on this. So I've added a SL application project into my ASP.NET web project to have a shot at hooking up some of my video tutorials and seeing how I fair out with this new idea.

All I'm wondering is, in ASP.NET, I obviously use an aspx page in tandem with a MasterPage for my front end work and any back end logic gets put into my .cs page.

In Silverlight, there is this new thing called an .xaml page and I'm wondering does this basically completely replace or supercede my aspx page, like this the .xaml page a new thing/type of front end page that was previously known as an .aspx page or do I still have to call up this .xaml page within my .aspx page???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Sean^DCT4

When the Silverlight project is built you an aspx page should be created with the xaml / SL project files embedded. The output, I think, is .xap. So basically your SL project runs "inside" an aspx page.

Advertisement