Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Southern Reg cars

Options
  • 16-08-2010 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

I intend staying in a hotel in Maghera overnight in a couple of days time. I'll be parking in the hotel car park. Would I be correct in thinking there's little fear of a gurrier making a brave political protest using my car as his canvas.

I ask this thinking how D reg cars can be targetted in Cork and vice Versa.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The dubs arent even popular in Dublin so what would you expect in Cork? :D

nah, seriously I wouldn't see a problem at all. There are loads of "southern" reg cars parked all over NI and attract no more attention than any other car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Cheers Muffler,

Will now happily book the room and help support Nortern Ireland's Private Sector economy! :D

I have been known to prop up the auld northern economy myself at times ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

you should be safe in maghera.

(but i nearly sure that hotel didnt have a car park - unless its down the road!)

you should be safe in maghera.

(but i nearly sure that hotel didnt have a car park - unless its down the road!)

Doh! They also say they have WiFi - Will not be best pleased if they don't have that as I'll be fairly snookered. Heading up tomorrow and only second time in NI, first time staying overnight.

I've an interview in Coleraine on Thursday, but the hotels were either twice as expensive or just B&Bs. I suppose the expense is due to being along the Northern Riviera :D

• Advertisement

Enjoyed a very nice stay in Walsh's Hotel, but as JTF said there was no hotel parking as such, but did park on the kerb right outside the hotel front door. Broadband connection was woeful, but the staff were lovely and the meal I had was to die for. It was the first time this year i'd really nice potatoes. They called them big chips, and were only gorgeous.

I did feel like in a different country (Yes I know I was before anyone says so) - but if I didn't realise it before I opened a copy of the Irish News I did afterwards. 3 pages dedicated to the sport of pidgeon racing! :D

Also, drivers don't seem to acknowledge when you leave them out into traffic. One exception was an ambulance driver who waved like I'd just nominated him for a knighthood.

Some lovery countryside, and the flags and painted kerbs were of interest from a tourist pov. Shaved heads seemed very much in fashion more so down here.

The UU campus was lovely as were the people I met there.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the experience overall. Sadly NI is painted wrong in certain sections of the media and a lot of what goes on in NI (anti social behavior etc) is no different to any other part of the country but is highlighted for all the wrong reasons.

From what I can see almost everyone who visits leaves with a much more positive view to what they arrived with.

But enough of that :D. I take it you would have no hesitation in coming back again?

muffler wrote: »

But enough of that :D. I take it you would have no hesitation in coming back again?

Ach Aye! ;)

Advertisement