Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wide Lens for Micro Four Thirds Camera?

Options
  • 16-08-2010 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi all -

Photography newbie looking for some lens advice here.

I currently have a Panasonic Lumix G1 with the following Lumix G Vario lenses:

14-45mm f3.5-5.6
    45-200mm f4.0-5.6

I'd like to expand this to include a wider lens (if possible) and was wondering what my options were. I know that there is a 7-14mm f4.0 - which seems to cover what I need, but would like to hear the opinions of anyone that may have bought or used one? It seems pretty pricey - searches coming up between $800 and $1000 - both lenses that I currently own cost far less than that!

Alternatively, would it be worth my while looking at the option of a standard four thirds lens with an adapter? Potential drawbacks?

Thanks,

Stevo

My attempts at blogging the progression of a beginner can be found here, if anyone is interested! Advice welcome on that too!!
    Tagged:

Advertisement