Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Discount?

Options
  • 16-08-2010 6:46pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm going to be buying a new computer from Dell this week and was wondering if anyone knows about student discounts I can use with them? I also noticed this page on the UCD website, but it hasn't been updated since 2008 so I'm not sure if that offer's still standing. Anybody know the best way to get a discount on laptops besides the Apple on Campus thing (I don't want a Mac :P)

Much appreciated :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

It depends on what you need it for but those Dell UCD pcs are generally all quite dear, the main advantage is you get a 3 year warranty I think.

The Dell outlet can bring up some great bargains, I got a laptop for college in it in 2006 for about €400 and still use it regularly.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Checked out the outlet store but they don't have anything I want in at the moment :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I got mine at the end of Sept last year, 4gb ram and upgraded video card, sound card etc for €550. Very happy with it.

They normally do 'back to school' deals in September time, as I said I got mine at the end of sept so it might be worth holding for a bit to see?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I'd wait til the UCD goes back. You'll see a huge amount of flyers.

And don't diss Mac, many students use them, myself included (I also use Windows and Linux's, so don't call me Bias). They are a great Student laptop.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Grand, thanks everyone!

• Advertisement
Advertisement