Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New UPC Connection a bit flaky!

• 16-08-2010 6:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭

Just got UPC broadband installed today (was previously on Vodafone). I wasn't here when the install was done so only getting to check things now.
    Webpages are taking a long time to load, if they do at all, e.g. www.google.ie sometimes loads and sometimes doesnt.
    Went to speedtest and got good results:
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/916883962.png

Is there a router setting or something that could be causing this?

Have also noticed that when I open my bittorrent client web pages dont seem to be opening at all. (There's only 1 file downloading and it's download speed is only 10kbps)

Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

ok it actually seems to be that when i have utorrent open i can't browse. any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

ok it actually seems to be that when i have utorrent open i can't browse. any suggestions?

Unchecking IP Flood Protection seems to do the trick for most people.
    I hope that's all that's wrong with your service - I've had nothing but disconnects for two months now (20+ times per day - somewhat improved but still crap)

Edit: spell corrections before I get disconnected. Again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

gambiaman wrote: »
    Unchecking IP Flood Protection seems to do the trick for most people.
    I hope that's all that's wrong with your service - I've had nothing but disconnects for two months now (20+ times per day - somewhat improved but still crap)

Edit: spell corrections before I get disconnected. Again.

Cheers mate. That seems to have done the trick. Sorry for your troubles though. Hope you get it sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Cheers mate. That seems to have done the trick. Sorry for your troubles though. Hope you get it sorted.

No bother, hope it works good for you.

Advertisement