Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rescue Demo & Station Open Day

• 16-08-2010 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

This Sunday a Sea Rescue Demo and Coast Guard Station Open Day will take place in Howth, Co Dublin.

The demonstration will take place between the East Pier and Ireland’s Eye. It will consist of a number of scenarios including rescuing casualties from over turned boats in the water. A Coast Guard Helicopter Winch man will then descend to an R.N.L.I. All Weather lifeboat and winch some of the casualties aboard the helicopter.

More details on link below or facebook.

http://www.howthcoastguard.com/coast-guard-open-day-rescue-demo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

howth-sar-demo-2010-1.jpg

howth-sar-demo-2010-2.jpg

howth-sar-demo-2010-3.jpg

howth-sar-demo-2010-4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Cliff Hanger

This picture is NOT upside down! It's taken while the S-61 is in the process of doing a 'wing-over' right in front of the pier in Howth.

Credit: Carmel Guilfoyle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Not-so-great video of same. Suffers from no sound, no horizon for reference and going out of shot while directly overhead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

This picture is NOT upside down! It's taken while the S-61 is in the process of doing a 'wing-over' right in front of the pier in Howth.

Credit: Carmel Guilfoyle

Is that for real??:confused:

One of the lads at work sent me this today.....I didnt believe it to be honest!!!:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Cliff Hanger

It's real alright!

The angle the picture was taken at makes it look a bit more dramatic than it is but here's the manoeuvre from a different angle so you can see. I think the other picture was taken around the same point in the manoeuvre as the third picture down in this sequence.

I was told it's called a "wing-over"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭480905

Yep its real . Was there saw it myself. Savage piece of flying and a fantastic demo by all concerned . Great stuff.
    Ive a video of the final "salute" by the services involved but I cant download it from the iphone.

Advertisement