Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what should i do

• 16-08-2010 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

ok heres the thing im going into 6th year and the subjects im doing are:

english(hl)
    maths (hl)
    irish (ol)
    biology (hl)
    chemistry(hl)
    geography(hl)
    french (hl)

ok i want to do food science (about 390 pionts at ucd)

but the problem is im doing very bad in hl maths and find french difficult

i have no idea what to do so any advice whould be helpfull :D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Curlyhatescurls

Well first look here and look at how high the points are and the entry requirements-
    https://myucd.ucd.ie/program.do?programID=41

Either you get grinds in higher level maths and french and work really hard on them next year or you choose some other course because you really should not drop down to pass in those subjects, you need the points. You could also go to England/Scotland or Wales where the points are considerably lower.

If you really really want to do food science than you will need to work very hard, if you want it, it'll be worth it.

Good-luck next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 paulcarroll

i dono about the maths im not sure i can pass it so i think i should drop
    french on the outher hand i realy hate and maby if i do well in the outher subjects and pass that i might get the pionts ty for the advice and the link

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Liveit

From experience i say drop the maths and stick with the french, french is easy enough if you put a bit of work into the verbs. Get the verbs right and thats half the battle :) ... I stuck with HL maths until the end but changed to OL during the break before the exam even though i missed months of school due to no fault of my own. You have a handy combunation od subjects, nothing is very difficult that you are taking, pay attention in class and you should get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

I'd suggest you stick with the maths, if you can, till at least the mocks... You don't have anything to lose by doing that. Just keep doing exam questions.

In general, the best advice I can give you, as was said several times in another thread, is to do your homework, all of it, to the best of your ability. Don't procrastinate, and gradually study more and more as the year goes on, and study for class tests. That'll make it easier to remember things when you go over them on the big day. Keeping up saves you a lot of stress later.

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 paulcarroll

hmm ty 4 the advice yeah ill probly drop maths then

• Advertisement
Advertisement