Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jive's Football Bets

Options
  • 16-08-2010 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭

Basically this is a nice way to keep a log of my bets as i can do it from everywhere and anywhere as long as i have an internet connection. If people read it or even follow some of my bets then great and if not im not too worried!!

My starting balance is €30 and i hope i can steadily increase this throughout the season by using my head and placing SENSIBLE bets! For the first few weeks i may not be that active as i like to see how teams (both home and away form) are doing. If a team is strong at home i will often back them (like mallorca, blackburn etc.) but it takes a few weeks before you can tell who is a consistent performer. For the time being i may place a few in running bets.

Wish me luck :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

united to score next goal @ 2/5. €3 stake. im watching this game and im extremely bored, united are dominating so it seems good to me

Result : WIN. Giggs in the 85th minute. I thought i was going to lose this bet as the game was dying down a bit but newcastles defence have been pretty desperate and united eventually got the goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Silence.

Good luck with your bets mate, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

Good start too!

Silence. wrote: »
    Good luck with your bets mate, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

Good start too!

good stuff. my stakes at the start will be smaller but as i increase my balance (i hope) i will also increase my stakes. my selections are more important than my stakes though, a win is a win ;D

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Good luck with it man, nice to start on a win.

Don't edit the posts, just quote them with the results. ;)

x PyRo wrote: »
    Good luck with it man, nice to start on a win.

Don't edit the posts, just quote them with the results. ;)

Didnt even think of that, im not sad enough to change the bet or stake though haha (especially as this is how i will keep a record of whether im up or down money!). Yeh its always good to get off to a good start, you had a serious start on your blog i wish i was following. Hopefully i can stay extremely disciplined this year and enjoy the gambling!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Oh I know that but the cynics don't. :pac:

Yeah great start and look at it now! Went a bit wild and it didn't pay off, time to slow it down now.

Best of luck man and remember, slow and steady wins the race, I forgot and lost a nice wedge! :(

€3 liverpool to score next goal @ 8/11

good man joe cole knew you'd miss that penalty ya tit

• Registered Users Posts: 45,476 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

:mad:

hahah how have they not scored the second. i fear their good spell may end soon as well but torres is looking eager so hopefully he'll get it

• Advertisement

disallowed goal... looked like a fair goal to me! all you can do is laugh in times like these ha

jive wrote: »
    €3 liverpool to score next goal @ 8/11

LOSE. Missed penalty and a perfectly good disallowed goal, just wasnt meant to be. Still a good bet. Next time... :D

Arsenal -1 @ 4/9 and Chelsea @ 2/7 double; €5 stake. Not much stands out this weekend for me, still too early in the season to be making any larger bets i think. Arsenal are a serious team at home and blackpool are not a great side lets be honest. I expect at least a 2 goal win there for arsenal. Chelsea were beaten by wigan at the DW last year i believe and that will probably be in the back of their minds so they will be ready for action. Wigan were just beaten 4-0 by blackpool but with wigan you never know how the **** they will play so i hope they dont turn up and cause a big upset. Due to chelseas performance at the weekend id expect them to win this comfortably.

Arsenal -1 @ 4/9 and Chelsea @ 2/7 double; €5 stake. Not much stands out this weekend for me, still too early in the season to be making any larger bets i think. Arsenal are a serious team at home and blackpool are not a great side lets be honest. I expect at least a 2 goal win there for arsenal. Chelsea were beaten by wigan at the DW last year i believe and that will probably be in the back of their minds so they will be ready for action. Wigan were just beaten 4-0 by blackpool but with wigan you never know how the **** they will play so i hope they dont turn up and cause a big upset. Due to chelseas performance at the weekend id expect them to win this comfortably.

WIN. Arsenal 6-0 easy winners and chelsea are winning 3-0 with 20 minutes left.

damn i was going to back barcelona but i couldn't find previews of it so i could see who was playing for both teams. barca 2-0 now... i thought it kicked off at half 8 hahah. i hope barca were a piss poor price now!! :D

i just placed €3 on cork 2moro cause im drunk and i think cork are 10x the team dublin are. @ 4/6

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭The Belcher

You should get drunk more often Jive! I had 20euro on Dublin +1 point win myself so was absoloutely sickened. You're threads going well for you I see, if it starts to go pearshaped from here on it'll probably be because some of The Belchers money is following you...lol. I've been known to stop runaway trains when my cash goes on something.

You should get drunk more often Jive! I had 20euro on Dublin +1 point win myself so was absoloutely sickened. You're threads going well for you I see, if it starts to go pearshaped from here on it'll probably be because some of The Belchers money is following you...lol. I've been known to stop runaway trains when my cash goes on something.

hah yeh happy days, cork were lucky. i doubt il make anymore gaa bets..id say il just stick to the soccer :D:D

i just placed €3 on cork 2moro cause im drunk and i think cork are 10x the team dublin are. @ 4/6

WIN. current balance = €34.49

I'm taking zenit to qualify at 2/9 - short price but i REALLY cannot see them not going through. They havent lost all season and have a 1-0 lead going into this match. Stake €5.

I'm also going to take spurs to win but i will watch the first few minutes before making that bet because that is also 2/9 so i'd rather wait and get a better price on it or at least see how spurs come out of the blocks. I can only watch it for ~15 minutes and if i make a bet il post it here (i may also double it with a zenit dnb if i get to see a few minutes of that match and like what i see!)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

I'd back Spurs (-1) tonight tbh.

FearDark wrote: »
    I'd back Spurs (-1) tonight tbh.

i was just about to back them half time full time and crouch scored ha.

just took spurs @ 2/7 to score the second goal. stake €3. young boys dont look like scoring any time soon and spurs are flying

I'm taking zenit to qualify at 2/9 - short price but i REALLY cannot see them not going through. They havent lost all season and have a 1-0 lead going into this match. Stake €5.

I'm also going to take spurs to win but i will watch the first few minutes before making that bet because that is also 2/9 so i'd rather wait and get a better price on it or at least see how spurs come out of the blocks. I can only watch it for ~15 minutes and if i make a bet il post it here (i may also double it with a zenit dnb if i get to see a few minutes of that match and like what i see!)

LOSE. Zenit lost 2-0 and went out. Didnt see any of it and havent heard anything about it but needless to say i'm pretty surprised!! They hadnt been beaten in like 25 games in russia but sure such is the world of gambling that when ya back em they go tits up :D
    i was just about to back them half time full time and crouch scored ha.

just took spurs @ 2/7 to score the second goal. stake €3. young boys dont look like scoring any time soon and spurs are flying

WIN. defoe scored.

finding it hard to find any value i feel more comfortable going for short priced bets at the moment until i can feel out the form of some teams!

Taking man city -1 against timisoara. man city are flying and usually are good at home and who the are timisoara hahah. stake €3 @ 4/11. sorry for always taking **** prices but like i said above i want to wait a few weeks to see form and the likes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Taking man city -1 against timisoara. man city are flying and usually are good at home and who the are timisoara hahah. stake €3 @ 4/11. sorry for always taking **** prices but like i said above i want to wait a few weeks to see form and the likes

3 Euro at 4/11! whats the point?

homolumo wrote: »
    3 Euro at 4/11! whats the point?

because a win is a win ;D thats like 10% of what i have in my account. i'm not going to lump on man city in the uefa cup qualifiers :S like i said i'm going to try and build up my account and gradually increase my stakes. it worked well for me last year and hopefully it will work well for me this year. also the bet is what i suggest not the stake(the only reason i include the stake is so i can keep track of where i am losing/winning money); people bet hugely varied amounts. if people want to follow my stakes and like to bet big then they can just multiply what i put on by 10 or 100 :D if i see a bet i like then i probably will go big but its far too early in the season for that imo

WIN. Man city 2 - 0 Timisoara

€1.50 united -2 @ evens. west ham have had a horrible start and after drawing to fulham united will want to get back to winning ways and score a few goals in the process

€1.50 united -2 @ evens. west ham have had a horrible start and after drawing to fulham united will want to get back to winning ways and score a few goals in the process

WIN. United 3-0 West ham

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭The Belcher

You're on a roll Jive, well done. That spurs loss today hurt me a lot. :mad:

Advertisement