Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jive's Football Bets

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

You're on a roll Jive, well done. That spurs loss today hurt me a lot. :mad:

i havent got much to show for it though cause of small stakes and prices hahah. profit is profit though! yeh wigan are ***** to back against because they are so unbelievably inconsistent. i tend to avoid them as much as possible!

GAA Football Matches Kildare v Down
    29-08-2010 15:34
    Winning Margin
    Kildare 1-3 pts @ 3/1

they're currently 3 points down. Down got a jammy goal that should have been disallowed and kildare have looked pretty sharp up front. that being siad kildare are shaky at the back. this bet is more for a bit of interest than anything and the price just appealed to me. stake €0.50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Seriously, now this has nothing to do with football man.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Seriously, now this has nothing to do with football man.

LOL. only reason i posted the 2 gaa bets is because its easier to keep track of money won and lost in my paddy power account. i wont have any other gaa bets for a year so i don't see the big deal.

anyway only bet im havin tonight is barcelona minus 1 goal @ 8/13. barcelona smashed racing twice last year and now they have villa who is a machine. far too strong for racing imo. stake €3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Well then it should be in the log section. Not here.

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    Well then it should be in the log section. Not here.

well this is a football log. correct me if im wrong but it is called gaelic football :)

i don't see why you're trying to make this a big deal. fair enough if i was putting a load of sports bets into this thread but im not. feel free not to read my thread if it bothers you that much, talk about pedantic.

jive wrote: »
    GAA Football Matches Kildare v Down
    29-08-2010 15:34
    Winning Margin
    Kildare 1-3 pts @ 3/1

they're currently 3 points down. Down got a jammy goal that should have been disallowed and kildare have looked pretty sharp up front. that being siad kildare are shaky at the back. this bet is more for a bit of interest than anything and the price just appealed to me. stake €0.50

LOSE. Kildare lost by 2 and hit the woodwork with the last kick of the game haha that was well worth the 50 cent was so exciting at the end. :D:D it was a loss but feels like a win

LOL. only reason i posted the 2 gaa bets is because its easier to keep track of money won and lost in my paddy power account. i wont have any other gaa bets for a year so i don't see the big deal.

anyway only bet im havin tonight is barcelona minus 1 goal @ 8/13. barcelona smashed racing twice last year and now they have villa who is a machine. far too strong for racing imo. stake €3

WIN. Racing 0 - 3 Barcelona.

I'm going to watch the first few mins of the madrid match and may have a punt. Mallorca are unbelievably good at home and i usually do back them but madrid should have new manager syndrome and with that new manager being mourinho i expect good things.

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Thread moved.

Took all the football logs out of the football forum dude, just incase you're wondering why it's moved!

Best of luck.

x PyRo wrote: »
    Thread moved.

Took all the football logs out of the football forum dude, just incase you're wondering why it's moved!

Best of luck.

yeah i saw. no worries the only reason im keeping is log is to keep track of my money, doesnt particularly matter where it is! :D

• Advertisement

€5 on england to beat bulgaria @ 1/3. England had a poor world cup but football fans are fickle and will quickly forget their last qualifying campaign. England are good at home and bulgaria are poor away from home. England have a lot more quality than bulgaria and i expect england to win this one pretty comfortably.

€5 on england to beat bulgaria @ 1/3. England had a poor world cup but football fans are fickle and will quickly forget their last qualifying campaign. England are good at home and bulgaria are poor away from home. England have a lot more quality than bulgaria and i expect england to win this one pretty comfortably.

WIN. England 4-0 Bulgaria

Handicap bet Andorra (+4.0) @ 5/6. Stake €3.

Ireland are at home in the new stadium so should win fairly comfortably but lets be honest Ireland aren't the greatest attacking force in the world so hopefully andorra can keep them to 3 or less! can't really see andorra scoring so hopefully they don't concede more than 3. I'd take any team +4 goals @5/6 against ireland which is why im taking this!! :D

Ireland are at home in the new stadium so should win fairly comfortably but lets be honest Ireland aren't the greatest attacking force in the world so hopefully andorra can keep them to 3 or less! can't really see andorra scoring so hopefully they don't concede more than 3. I'd take any team +4 goals @5/6 against ireland which is why im taking this!! :D

WIN. Ireland 3-1 Andorra

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭The Belcher

That was a cracking shout Jive, and a kind of obvious one too if you don't mind me saying so. I wouldn't however have spotted it at all without having a look in this thread so cheers for that. Didn't see the game myself as was working but we had a bit to spare on the scoreline although that mightn't have told the whole story. Keep up the good work.

That was a cracking shout Jive, and a kind of obvious one too if you don't mind me saying so. I wouldn't however have spotted it at all without having a look in this thread so cheers for that. Didn't see the game myself as was working but we had a bit to spare on the scoreline although that mightn't have told the whole story. Keep up the good work.

yeah man i saw ireland were 1/40 on powers so i was thought there would be a nice handicap. when i saw those odds my eyes lit up hahaha. yeah it was in danger until andorra grabbed one back just before half time. i was sickened when doyle got that screamer out of nothing! the last 20 minutes of the match were dire so it was really comfortable in the end as ireland just settled

Doing an accumulator this week as i cant really see any good singles to back. I usually would not do anything more than a double but there are slim pickings this weekend from what i can see so i'm just going to have a small nibble and hope to win a few quid!

Accum has barcelona, arsenal, real madrid and man city.

Im taking barcelona HT/FT at home to hercules @2/7 because barcelona usually fly out of the blocks and should have too much for hercules who were beaten by bilbao in their first match of the season at home.

Im taking arsenal because they are so good at the emirates and jaaskelainen is suspended so they will have to play their 3rd string keeper because their second choice is on loan. Arsenal to win @ 1/4

Im taking city (even though tevez is out injured) because they lost their last match to sunderland and will want to bounce back and i expect that they will at eastlands. blackburn wont make it easy for them though. City to win @ 4/11

Madrid are at home to osasuna and i see this as an easy win for madrid who will have new manager syndrome and were unlucky to not get all 3 points at mallorca who are a serious team when playing at home. Price is a bit crap @1/6 but i cant see it going any other way.

I'm only staking €2 (i dont like accumulators at all, someone will always let you down) @ 1.56/1

Doing an accumulator this week as i cant really see any good singles to back. I usually would not do anything more than a double but there are slim pickings this weekend from what i can see so i'm just going to have a small nibble and hope to win a few quid!

Accum has barcelona, arsenal, real madrid and man city.

Im taking barcelona HT/FT at home to hercules @2/7 because barcelona usually fly out of the blocks and should have too much for hercules who were beaten by bilbao in their first match of the season at home.

Im taking arsenal because they are so good at the emirates and jaaskelainen is suspended so they will have to play their 3rd string keeper because their second choice is on loan. Arsenal to win @ 1/4

Im taking city (even though tevez is out injured) because they lost their last match to sunderland and will want to bounce back and i expect that they will at eastlands. blackburn wont make it easy for them though. City to win @ 4/11

Madrid are at home to osasuna and i see this as an easy win for madrid who will have new manager syndrome and were unlucky to not get all 3 points at mallorca who are a serious team when playing at home. Price is a bit crap @1/6 but i cant see it going any other way.

I'm only staking €2 (i dont like accumulators at all, someone will always let you down) @ 1.56/1

LOSE. Hercules beat barcelona 2-0 at the nou camp, this is why i tend to avoid accumulators because mental stuff like this usually happens hahah. Shouldnt have had any bet this weekend but wanted something to keep me interested today!!

as im not strictly in the football forum anymore i will post any other bets i have in here as well.

Nadal to win 3-0 against djokovic @ evens. Stake €2

Reason being that djokovic looks pooped :D got nadal @ 4/1 a week ago too :) so hopefully he wins :D

as im not strictly in the football forum anymore i will post any other bets i have in here as well.

Nadal to win 3-0 against djokovic @ evens. Stake €2

Reason being that djokovic looks pooped :D got nadal @ 4/1 a week ago too :) so hopefully he wins :D

LOSE but nadal won 3-1 anyway so i got my 4-1 up! (not in the log though but i still win so care free :D)

Thinking of united -1 on the handicap tonight i will watch the first few minutes before making the bet though just to see how united are doing. I will post it here when i make the bet.

• Advertisement

Single: Draw / Man Utd @ 5/2

Stake €1

Man Utd (-1.0) @ 4/5

Stake €3

Single: Draw / Man Utd @ 5/2

Stake €1
    Man Utd (-1.0) @ 4/5

Stake €3

LOSE and LOSE. Thought the Draw / Utd bet was in business at half time but united were **** tonight. Just goes to show that when rooney isnt firing on all cylinders that they struggle to create.

Never like the champions league group stages and i will probably avoid them unless i see a game i really like. Nearly back to square one after a few losses in a row but you win some you lose some :) will get back to winning ways soon ;D

right well i may as well log this but what happened was im watching the game on rte and had the stake in fastbet, my hand brushed off the touch pad and made the bet ^^

so €3 on arsenal to win @ 2/7 :S i dont fancy this one too much to be honest but arsenal have a good home record i guess!!

Single: Real Madrid @ 2/9
    1 line at €4.00 per line

madrid look like they are gonna walk this match atm

Betting in Running Real Madrid v Ajax
    15-09-2010 19:45
    Half-Time/Full-Time
    Real Madrid / Real Madrid @ 15/8

wonder if this will stand as i did it when the ball was goin into the goal stake was just 1 euro

edit; i will not include this in the log profit/loss for obvious reasons.

Betting in Running Real Madrid v Ajax
    15-09-2010 19:45
    Half-Time/Full-Time
    Real Madrid / Real Madrid @ 15/8

wonder if this will stand as i did it when the ball was goin into the goal stake was just 1 euro

edit; i will not include this in the log profit/loss for obvious reasons.
    right well i may as well log this but what happened was im watching the game on rte and had the stake in fastbet, my hand brushed off the touch pad and made the bet ^^

so €3 on arsenal to win @ 2/7 :S i dont fancy this one too much to be honest but arsenal have a good home record i guess!!

Single: Real Madrid @ 2/9
    1 line at €4.00 per line

madrid look like they are gonna walk this match atm

WIN, WIN and WIN. Great success :P

€5 on Stoke DNB against west ham @ 1/3. West Ham weren't too bad against chelsea so i wouldn't be surprised if they got a draw but i can't see them beating stoke at home and stoke will be on a high after snatching a win the last day. Grant won't be there but i don't expect that to affect west hams performance too much.

€5 on Blackburn DNB against fulham @ 4/11. Fulham have a few players out so i fancy blackburn to win this especially because they are so good at home. Again, i can see this ending up a draw but i cant see blackburn being beaten so i'm taking the DNB safe option!

Also i may take Everton tomorrow if Cahill is passed fit because everton are due a result and newcastle will be a bit sickened after the last day being beaten by blackpool. Everton are 4/6.
    If my bets go well i will also take mallorca @ evens against osasuna but if im having a bad day i may just leave it. I might even double mallorca and everton i will see how things are going tomorrow.

€5 on Stoke DNB against west ham @ 1/3. West Ham weren't too bad against chelsea so i wouldn't be surprised if they got a draw but i can't see them beating stoke at home and stoke will be on a high after snatching a win the last day. Grant won't be there but i don't expect that to affect west hams performance too much.

€5 on Blackburn DNB against fulham @ 4/11. Fulham have a few players out so i fancy blackburn to win this especially because they are so good at home. Again, i can see this ending up a draw but i cant see blackburn being beaten so i'm taking the DNB safe option!

Also i may take Everton tomorrow if Cahill is passed fit because everton are due a result and newcastle will be a bit sickened after the last day being beaten by blackpool. Everton are 4/6.
    If my bets go well i will also take mallorca @ evens against osasuna but if im having a bad day i may just leave it. I might even double mallorca and everton i will see how things are going tomorrow.

Didnt get home in time to back mallorca which is a pity but having said that cahill being injured helped me dodge a bullet with everton. still a bit sickened i didnt get anything on mallorca at evens (they won 2-0) but didnt lose anything today so cant feel too bad about it!

• Advertisement

DRAW and DRAW

today im backing
    Single: Chelsea (-2.0) @ 4/5
    Stake: €4
    reason being that chelsea are serious at home and we saw what happened to blackpool when they went to the emirates

Advertisement