Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too soon for an MBA so which courses?

Options
  • 16-08-2010 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi there,

I am looking into continuing my studies, I am a qualified ACCA with a business degree also. I have 5 years accounts experience in total.
    Its too soon in my career for an MBA so what courses should I do over the next few years to give me an edge? Ideally want to be FC/CFO in next 5-7 years.

Any advice would be great? (Based in Dublin)

Thanks a mil

Larch Girl!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Larch Girl wrote: »
    Its too soon in my career for an MBA so what courses should I do over the next few years to give me an edge?

Why do you think its too soon to get an MBA - average age of an Oxford Brookes MBA student is low 30s. The Oxford Brookes MBA will take 21 months by distance learning (few days need to be spent in Oxford, but how bad! :D ) as you're an ACCA member.

Alternatively, you could take on the Tax exams or do some IFRS top ups if you did Irish GAAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Blarney92

If you want to go into a more financial side you could do the CFA's. You'd probably have exemptions as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Blarney92 wrote: »
    If you want to go into a more financial side you could do the CFA's. You'd probably have exemptions as well.

No exemptions AFAIK for CFA with ACA anyway could be with different accountancy exams. CFA's are supposed to be ridiculously tough. MBA is worth it's weight in gold. Do it.

Advertisement