Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donadea Forest 10k - 16th October

• 16-08-2010 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭

Following the popularity and success of the last two 10k runs, Donadea running club are proud to announce the 3rd Donadea Forest 10K run to be held in the Coillte Donadea Forest Park. The event will take place on Saturday 16th October at 11.00am. The run will start from St Kevin’s GAA Club in Staplestown and will continue into the scenic and tranquil forest park and finish by the castle inside the forest.

The event has been organized to support the local community and to bring runners from Kildare and all over Ireland together. It is also an opportunity to take part in an event for all to enjoy and give something back. The proceeds from the run will go the Teen Challenge organisation that has branches in both Wicklow and Kildare and also to support all the good work taking place in the local community.

Entries at ActiveGlobal

You can post any questions that aren't answered on the site here and I'll do my best to answer them (or find someone who can) :) or ask on the Facebook event page

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Have to say i did this last year and it was the best race i did all year and fully intend to do it again even though i'm doing Dublin the following week.

Thought it was really well organised with signs to direct you from the motorway and a very nice long sleeved t-shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭petermijackson

I know the weather will change this but what are the thoughts? Will trail runners be required?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I know the weather will change this but what are the thoughts? Will trail runners be required?

No, I ran in Donadea a few months back in lightweights and it was fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Road runners are fine even if wet. Part of the race is road and the forest part of it is pretty decent track.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭petermijackson

Good Stuff - in the calendar if even a little expensive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

This fits in well date wise pour moi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭maximalistic

is there anyway you can to this with public transport? I know you can get to Prosperous on the bus but beyond there I'm lost. Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭The Hammer

Macros42 wrote: »
    You can post any questions that aren't answered on the site here and I'll do my best to answer them (or find someone who can) :) or ask on the Facebook event page

Don't understand why this is a login-required page on Facebook? - kinda excludes anyone (and there are plenty) of people who are not on Facebook. The Donadea Running Club website has standard enough information.

But are the non-facebookers missing anything? Usually, these days, people update their facebook profiles/pages much quicker than their associated website content.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

is there anyway you can to this with public transport? I know you can get to Prosperous on the bus but beyond there I'm lost. Any ideas?
    The race actually starts near Staplestown - I don't know if there's any public transport to there. I'll check and let you know if there's any.
    The Hammer wrote: »
    Don't understand why this is a login-required page on Facebook? - kinda excludes anyone (and there are plenty) of people who are not on Facebook. The Donadea Running Club website has standard enough information.

But are the non-facebookers missing anything? Usually, these days, people update their facebook profiles/pages much quicker than their associated website content.

I didn't actually realise that it was closed to non-facebookers. I'll pass this on the the page owner to open it up. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭annieee

I'd like to do this but it's a little expensive at 30 quid.

Any chance you could lower the price for those who don't want the t-shirts like they did at 'The Lakes' 10k?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Manaris

I only started running about six months ago, and have never entered a race before. But, seeing as I live two minutes from the forest park entrance and I run there three or four times a week I couldn't not enter this one :)

Looking forward to it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭Seres

did that 2yrs ago , the first year , really nice , loved it , really want to do it again but €30 is a bit expensive , think it was bout €20 in 2008

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭DustyBin

Seres wrote: »
    but €30 is a bit expensive

+1
    was looking forward to doing it but not gonna pay €30 for a 10k
    time to stop paying these kind of fees for race entry
    would still be expensive at €20

shame really cos I'd say it's a nice route

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭grimbergen

I'm with others on this, 30 yoyo's for a 10k in these times is way too much. Hope the organisers know their market....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭chinguetti

After hoping to do the event, i can't make it now which is a shame. However what has been said about the price is true, its a little costly.

And if your travelling from dublin (like i would have been), there's petrol and most of your Saturday is gone by the time you get showered and changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Name Changed

Quick question:

The t-shirt you get for competing, it is one of those proper running t-shirts (similar to the ones you get for doing the half marathon/marathon) or are they normal t-shirts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Quick question:

The t-shirt you get for competing, it is one of those proper running t-shirts (similar to the ones you get for doing the half marathon/marathon) or are they normal t-shirts?

long sleeve cotton ,i believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,713 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Hi folks,

Does anyone know if i can register on the day?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

there may be some numbers left,but its gettin full

• Closed Accounts Posts: 576 ✭✭✭sarsfieldsrock

Is the online entry full now or what?
    I didn't know if I was going to be around and hadn't entered.
    Tried just now and the website is not taking entries anymore.
    Is there any chance of getting a number there on the morning of the race?

I am not looking for a swap by the way! But an entry on the day at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 576 ✭✭✭sarsfieldsrock

Just saw the message on the active europe website now. Left voicemail with the phone number there but it looks like it is sold out. Pity.

Advertisement