Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cycling in Slovakia

• 16-08-2010 8:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭

I'm over in Bratislava this week (without the bike unfortunately), but was out for a run tonight - they have great facilities for cyclists, there's a cycle path under the main road joining both sides of the Danube and then a cycle path that continues for a far as I could see parallel with the motorway to Vienna and about 30mts away from the road with multiple off-road sections branching away from the main one. Could you imagin DCC having that planning foresight?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

I'm in Vienna at the moment and cycled to Bratislava along the Danube path (well most of it, approx 7km is unpaved and not suitable for raodbike) the other day. The path was really boring! So much so that I practically forgot to keep turning the padals and was nearly in tears at the monotony. The winds from the south have made it pretty tough going too! I rode back on normal A and B roads which was quicker and more interesting. Had I known you were there we could have had a beer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

The old road from Vienna to Brat is more interesting all right, some nice villages to go through and a nice gentle rolling route from memory. I suppose the point I was making was from providing the facility and making it safe, it's a win, if you need to get from A to B each day.
    Had I known you were there we could have had a beer!
    Pity all right - some cheap empty carbs could have gone down well.

Advertisement