Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canary found - how to find owner?

Options
  • 16-08-2010 8:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭

I'm looking for some help in tracking down a canary's owner. The poor little thing just hopped into a friend's kitchen! I now have her at home but want to track down her owner.

The canary has a plastic tag on her leg with a code. Does anyone know how to decipher this code or if there is anywhere to ring to help track down owner/ breeder?

Just realising I don't know a thing about canaries :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

I suppose you could ring any vets in your area, particularly ones that deal with exotic or avian. Chances are the first vets you ring will be able to point you in the right direction.
    Don't know what the code is or how to figure it out but you could ring a few newspapers in the morning & see if they will run a story to find the missing owner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Medievalist

Thanks. Think I'll ring ISPCA and my vet in the morning. I was hoping there'd be a website or something to track leg rings with owners. She's sitting quite happily in a spare cage next to the budgie at the moment :).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Try parrots.ie might be able to point you in the right direction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Medievalist

Thanks for the ideas! After talking to the vet, ISPCA and local pet shop it seems like there's very little chance of finding the owners. So the canary has a new home :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

the canary has a new home :D.

Fair play :cool:

Lucky birdie

• Advertisement
Advertisement